Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to know my type. Experts?

Hey everyone. This is my first post. :) I've been into typology for about 4 years now and I'm more confused now than when I first learned about it. For one I'm not sure what my type is. I often test as INTj, INfj, and sometimes ENTj. Not sure any of these are accurate. In fact I'm not sure if type theory is even credible! (its addicting though.) The first time I took the test I got ENFp, and I've always kinda believed this to be my true type.
When I read the personality descriptions its like only half of the things I read I initially relate to and then eventually I subconsciously conform to the rest over time. This goes for all of them. I don't think I've reached the point in my life where I completely understand myself or have consistant habits so I can't really be enlisted to any type yet. I'm only 19 years old. I've experienced negative things over the past couple of years, so bad that I've developed agoraphobia. Except when I'm at work, I prefer to stay indoors and I don't ever go to social events, and I also shy away from crowded rooms, even at family gatherings. I can relate to people and have a conversation when I need to, however I don't make real connections or have close friends like I use to. I think the reason I don't need to have conversations is because I get what people mean, or I evaluate their personalities and then I decide that I can't trust them. (I do this aware that people also do this to me so I don't open up to many people.)
I can become or do things in my life if I decide its what I want to do- almost like I am my own video game character. I achieve almost all goals I set for myself. I believe anything done by another person can be done by myself. and I'm a perfectionist, sometimes I take half an hour to send a text message with 3 lines.

I use to have this idea that my life was a secret tv show that was cancelled after poor ratings, and another is that I died 6 years ago and I am actually in hell (this idea is not from Lost, just one of my paranoid fantasies that I came up with when I was little)

When it comes to the MBTI or the socionics test, often times I analyze the questions and end up achieving the results I would like to get or think I will get. Or that the way I portray myself is not accurate either and I have a distorted self-perception or as I like to call it "self-retarted psychological spatial perception."

I have a theory that this whole thing is like Dr. Quantum's double slit experiment as shown in "What the bleep do we know?" The process for me of taking the test is a lot like the camera watching the photon.
"Our observation instantaneously collapses any other potentials than the one we are perceiving."
*****sorry I couldn't post a link- Youtube "dr.quantum double slit experiment" for refrence.

Looking forward to feedback...
If you read this whole things than I like you already.

·
Registered
478 Posts
WindowLicker said:
Looking forward to feedback...
If you read this whole things than I like you already.
You'll like me then. :wink:

You seem very introspective so that's a start, at least. And with the questions, honestly, for each one - don't spend more than five seconds thinking about it.

As for your other observations - I agree with you that we truly do not understand our inner workings, try as we might - we can only scratch the surface. I wouldn't worry too much if you're having trouble recognising your identity or stuff like that, these things are not to be forced, ever. They are to come about naturally, slowly, and easily...even if it takes years and years - I don't think it is ever a conscious choice. Heck, I don't even know half myself yet either! (Same age as you).

So yes, don't concern yourself over it too much - but DO get involved in this community. You may just discover more about yourself here than you thought you would. I certainly have. :wink:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to see some replies.

UncertainSomething- :)
I took the test and it came out: INTJ. However due to my lack of self-perception I can't be sure its accurate.

KaylRyck-
"don't spend more than five seconds thinking about it." LOL... I'm a methodical and undecisive jackass. You should see me order from a menu at a resturaunt...
Thanks for the welcome.

Also do you think INTJ is correct? Second runner ups were: ENTj and INFP.

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
Well if I was to hazard a guess I'd say INTJ with a bit of Fi flying about, hence the INFP as an alternative. ENTJs inferior function is Fi so it probably wouldn't register much on that test, however Fi is an INTJs tertiary function which might be used occasionally or relied on in some way. Also this part of your post "I believe anything done by another person can be done by myself" sounds more INTJ than INFJ. So I'd go with INTJ as my guess.
Hope that helps.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Does it matter what type you are? If you've been into typology for four years and can't determine your type, why even care for it anymore? I think you should spend time thinking about *your* problems, not a specific type's problems but your problems in general, and focus your mind towards thinking of solutions for these problems. One of the major points of typology is to help you see the flaws in yourself, so you can work towards improving on them, but you do not need typology to do this. It's just a useful tool for some.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Does it matter what type you are? If you've been into typology for four years and can't determine your type, why even care for it anymore? I think you should spend time thinking about *your* problems, not a specific type's problems but your problems in general, and focus your mind towards thinking of solutions for these problems. One of the major points of typology is to help you see the flaws in yourself, so you can work towards improving on them, but you do not need typology to do this. It's just a useful tool for some.
Why care for it anymore...?
I've found it useful in many ways which is why I continue to practice it. I don't think one of the major points is to see flaws in yourself, that sounds more like a personal statement. Some people do aim for that, but remember there are a lot of other ways to utilise type theory. Like to understand people, to talk to them in a way they are more able to understand, its fascinating. Not to prove your point or anything, but I do resent the ENFp descriptions, so much that I've edited and sculpted my mind, aparently to the point of becoming INTj. But, thats just me... I do it that because I have personal problem with perfection. However, if I do see a complaint about a type (my type), that I have a bad habit of doing, I stop doing it. I use to do this without typology, but people are way more critical and honest on typology forums, and have a psychological depth that most people don't posess. Soo... TurranMC: Does everyone have to explain themselves to you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts