Personality Cafe banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
How often (if ever) do you cry?
Not anymore. Crying does not help solve the problem that's causing the tears at the moment, and it greatly reduces efficiently. I cried a lot when I was younger. I once cried for 3h everyday, for one year, and that changed the shape of my eye permanently.

What compels you to cry?
I did cry when I was doubtful of myself and the values I trusted. I did cry to make some undesirable things (punishments when I was a child) to go away faster. I cry a bit when I smell something really disgusting, but that's solely physiological.

Do you ever cry in front of other people?
When I was little, yes. Not anymore.

What would you think if someone cried in front of you?
I can understand them, and I'll choose to comfort them or leave them alone depending on which one do they need most.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I don't know,I guess I just don't like people seeing me sad,it feels weird.
Being hated by some/many people would still come accross to others as a sad life, based on what I've been hearing. As for me, it showcases strength. I wonder who gets close to you enough for you to feel comfortable sharing your sadness. Would it be friends, family, or significant other?

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
I wonder who gets close to you enough for you to feel comfortable sharing your sadness.
Not sure.No one,I guess.I don't even know if I ever really feel 'sad',more frustrated and bored I'd say.
And I like people hating me or at least being annoyed by me,not sure why and what exactly I think it showcases.I guess it is some kind of strenght.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't cry too often.

But if I do, it's probably because of something really bad or stressful that happened, or just me sulking about my current environmental conditions.

I hate crying in front of others. It makes me look vulnerable, and honestly, I look ugly when crying. Plus, I had some pretty bad experiences with that, so I prefer to avoid it.

If another person is crying, I have no idea what to do with that aside from trying to help them. It depends on who it is, really. If it's a friend, then yes, I'll try to help them, but if it's someone in my environment that I'm not close to (say, for example, a classmate) I don't really react to that and just stay out of it.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,409 Posts
- I cry externally maybe once or twice a month, but I have cried a) every day in a week and b) not for four months, so it depends. However, I'm crying internally cONSTANTLY.
- I cry mostly because of anxiety, because I don't know what I'm doing ever. Or during movie trailers.
- I rarely cry in front of others. I have, sometimes, but only with really close friends, and even then it's a single, artistic tear (unless I'm drunk. That's different)
- I would panic for a brief moment, then try to comfort/help them. I've been told I'm good at that.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Lolme if you make me cry, we have more than issues.... I don't cry too often but yeah when I do cry it's at an awkward time in front of other people likethefirstdayofninthgrade. If you cry in front of me I wouldn't know what to think, I would bring you some tissues but to actually be able to help you with your problems...most of my answers include "I don't know why you're crying it always works out." or "you need to let your mother grow up, if your younger brother does something stupid that's on her, not you." Despite knowing how bad I can freak out I don't completely know how to make it better...

What makes me cry: feelings of inadequacy. Hitting my emotions in awkward angles. But it takes a lot...and is rarer now than when I was younger...

·
*Triple Thanks*
3,287 Posts
Very rarely. Usually utter contempt for myself pushes me over the edge, being completely overwhelmed by life in general, or fear of losing someone I love. Very very very rarely in front of other people. If someone cries in front of me, I generally freeze up and don't know what to do or say. I solve problems...comforting someone is not in my basic nature. If someone is angry about something, I will give advice. But if someone is crying, I feel powerless to help, which is frustrating for all parties involved.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
-Pretty often, more out of a way to regulate my moods. I will listen to music with cry chords on purpose. I don't like wasting my time complaining but know denying my frustrations just leads to trouble down the road- so.

What compels you to cry? On rare occassion feeling trapped (my mom once accused me of being patronizing when I was trying to comfort her, and since comforting her is something I have to do often; it put me unto a corner and I cried. Well, first I got angry, but yanno.) Other than that, extreme beauty and when everything is as good as it COULD be cause I know nothing lasts and that makes me cry.

Do you ever cry in front of other people? Not if I can flipping help it.

What would you think if someone cried in front of you? I don’t. Leave the judgments to the xxxJs, I try to utilize my emotions and think it's beneficial if other do too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
God, I hate admitting it, but it probably averages to about once a week. Sometimes I can go a couple weeks without crying, other times I do it a couple times in a week.

What compels you to cry?
Anxiety about a bunch of shit and just feeling like a failure.

I find it hard to hold back the tears at home. A couple of times I've accidentally let it out in public and I want to kill myself whenever I think of that, really embarrassing.

What would you think if someone cried in front of you? (I don't mean feeling like you want to cry, but actual tears coming down your face, crying)
I would be very uncomfortable and not have much to say, probably trying to leave as soon as possible. I don't understand why someone would feel comfortable enough around me to release that kind of display of emotions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just realized I never filled out my own questionnaire thing!

I don't cry ever really. Maybe once a year, or maybe twice if it's a particularly stressful year. I usually cry at the dumbest things when it happens, but it will be a culmination of a lot of things. I feel like I want to cry a lot though.

What compels you to cry?
Stress, and not meeting the pretty high internal standards I set for myself.

No.

As my hero Abby Lee Miller says, save your tears for your pillow in your room. I have a hard time empathizing with people who publicly display emotions but I try to comfort them, even though I'm not very good at it.
I relate to this so much. I might be your ghost of xmas future because this was me until recently. Then I had a bit of an emotional explosion a couple months ago caused by a combination of stress and vulnerability. It totally broke me, and I cried every single day for a month. It was scary. I had to take time off of work (which you know feels horrible for us 3s). Ultimately, it's a good thing and has led to a lot of healing of old wounds. However, I don't recommend it if you can avoid it!

·
Registered
ESFP-A 359 sp/sx
1,321 Posts
I cry a few times a year, but it's not especially commonplace.
Task-related frustration "gets" to me easily, and I will tear up over academic, work, or project-related failures.
Philosophical quandaries/Fi whitenoise can also do it. It's difficult for others to "make" me cry--if they have, it was a deep cut, and for good reason. Coated with Teflon in that regard. XD
Okay with teary people. I try to remain calm, nonjudgemental, and humane; offering a listening ear.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Rarely. I can't recall the last time I cried.

What compels you to cry?

When I feel powerless. Usually when I have a big problem it's completely unacceptable and I do my best to solve it as soon as possible, but when something is out of my control I just feel completely desperate and weak, so that's probably the reason. And I don't like to talk to others, even close friends, about my problems so I tend to completely repress my negative emotions to the point that it's very hard to tell, even for people who know me very well, when I'm sad or depressed. I always seem happy even when I'm totally depressed. And of course at some point I just explode.

And I don't think I ever cried tears of joy but, on very rare occasions (only happened, like, 3 or 4 times in my life), when faced with an outstandingly beautiful AND dramatic work of art that I could deeply relate to (either a novel, a song, or a movie) it brought tears to my eyes.

No, I usually hate to display my negative emotions in front of other people.

Oh boy, that's so annoying, it depends on the context but generally I just don't know what the heck to do or say in these kinds of situations.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts