Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably repetitive but let's aim for newer 2017 version :D

Also, are ENTPs usually brutally honest to everyone or only to people they are close to?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Signs that an ENTP likes you:

ENTP invites you to everything they do,
ENTP talks about how good-looking they are in front of you,
ENTP texts you outrageously overblown compliments,
ENTP remembers the name of a cousin of yours you mentioned months ago and whom they've never met.
ENTP makes a personalized photo-collage for you with something like swag written in pixelized script across it.

ENTP and brutal honesty:

There is this variant of brutal honesty, which they do to both people they know and strangers, but more especially to strangers, which I'll entitle BUWU—Brutally Uninterested When Unimpressed.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
"hey you, I LIKE YOU". Softer version could be "I have a crush on you" or "you're really cute, you know that?"

Also, are ENTPs usually brutally honest to everyone or only to people they are close to?
Depends on the topic. I'm generally brutally and even sarcastically more honest with people I don't know, because I really don't care about their reactions or what they think about my words.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I think about them a lot, because when I like something I focus in on it. The same is actually true for hobbies I enjoy. Now unless you're a mind reader then this advice is absolutely useless. Allora...

If I'm interested in getting to know you I will try to get to know more about you specifically. I will ask direct questions, and I will try to get inside your head a bit, because you fascinate me. Now, if I'm really attracted to you I will try to be around you as much as possible and I won't "wait 5 days before getting back to you" like I do with most people because I'm always focused on other things. I will try to steer the conversation down a sexual path...innocent at first, but I like to see where it goes. Sometimes jokes can be used to see where someone's head is at when I'm not entirely sure. But yeah we WILL 100% make an effort to spend personal time with you, with the only exception being that if you've never spoken before. When you've never spoken with someone it's extremely hard to tell if they like you or not because you aren't fucking talking to them. But we do gaze from time to time, especially if we think you're looking at us, then we'll try and force it to where we meet eyes, but that can be tricky to do because you don't want to stare at her, but at the same time you want to be able to see if she's looking you. I don't know, it's like a sexual version of Candy Crush.

Now that I've given away all of my secrets to the world I have zero game and I'm starting from scratch. So if you see me say "hi you're really pretty" in a stuttering passive voice, that's just me trying out something different.

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
In all the reading I have done in PerC and my life experiences as an
ENTP. The best and most efficient way to ascertain this would be
to ask them.

I have found since recognizing MBTI a bit better that for ENTP there
is just too much variance in how we all act and represent ourselves.

I think Enne and/or "Love Language" of an individual is a better way to suss this out.

As far as the the other question.
I personally work dynamically with the bluntness and sarcasm.
If it is going to get me the results I need/want I use whatever
I need to. Sugar for some salt for others. Work each situation
as it comes. Read the room adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Signs that an ENTP likes you:

ENTP invites you to everything they do,
ENTP talks about how good-looking they are in front of you,
ENTP texts you outrageously overblown compliments,
ENTP remembers the name of a cousin of yours you mentioned months ago and whom they've never met.
ENTP makes a personalized photo-collage for you with something like swag written in pixelized script across it.

ENTP and brutal honesty:

There is this variant of brutal honesty, which they do to both people they know and strangers, but more especially to strangers, which I'll entitle BUWU—Brutally Uninterested When Unimpressed.
I agree with the first one but apart from that I've experienced none of the others. 7 years with my ENTP and I bet he still doesn't know my family's names. He doesn't know how to give compliments. They are subtle when he does. Literally one of the first things he said to me "I don't even think I'm that good looking [...] but I'm good at sex" does that count? ENTPs aren't the most subtle... really.

Reactions: Charmian

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
A thought just popped into my head. Imagine if some entp came on here.. and said something along the lines of " entps are straight forward and don't hesitate to make moves so if he's not asking you out he's not interested" ... and then it turns out the OP is that girl at work the ENTP who made that post has been crushing on and flirty with... but he shot himself in the foot, because she takes his anonymous online advice and stops crushing on him and thinking of him in that light and so he ruins his chances w/ her.

I think entps can be straight forward and won't often hesitate to make moves but each entp can be different and act differently in different situation, entps at times can be just as subtle and insecure and hesitant as others... especially w/ situations such as flirting w/ a co-workers there'd be a lot more hesitation about not making a fool of yourself w/ someone who you're going to still see regularly either way.

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
A thought just popped into my head. Imagine if some entp came on here.. and said something along the lines of " entps are straight forward and don't hesitate to make moves so if he's not asking you out he's not interested" ... and then it turns out the OP is that girl at work the ENTP who made that post has been crushing on and flirty with... but he shot himself in the foot, because she takes his anonymous online advice and stops crushing on him and thinking of him in that light and so he ruins his chances w/ her.

I think entps can be straight forward and won't often hesitate to make moves but each entp can be different and act differently in different situation, entps at times can be just as subtle and insecure and hesitant as others... especially w/ situations such as flirting w/ a co-workers there'd be a lot more hesitation about not making a fool of yourself w/ someone who you're going to still see regularly either way.
I am almost certain this has happened.

I will dig for the thread. I ended up PM with the gal trying to help her.
But a guy joined perC 2 days after she did and named himself what
she was calling him and all. It was eerie. After she left PerC he did to.
Well she didnt leave she just stopped posting as she had her conclusion.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am almost certain this has happened.

I will dig for the thread. I ended up PM with the gal trying to help her.
But a guy joined perC 2 days after she did and named himself what
she was calling him and all. It was eerie. After she left PerC he did to.
Well she didnt leave she just stopped posting as she had her conclusion.
No, that was me...

It was around the time there was some sort of hacked passwords and they reset them, and I couldn't remember what e-mail account I had used so I just made a new account.

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
No, that was me...

It was around the time there was some sort of hacked passwords and they reset them, and I couldn't remember what e-mail account I had used so I just made a new account.
Random.

If memory serves the name was "WorkENTP" and the avatar was a cartoon sperm lifting weights.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Sometimes if someone hits my right in the feels I have a difficult time being very direct with my intentions. I get nervous. That might be true for some other people as well. You're better off just asking.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree with the first one but apart from that I've experienced none of the others. 7 years with my ENTP and I bet he still doesn't know my family's names. He doesn't know how to give compliments. They are subtle when he does. Literally one of the first things he said to me "I don't even think I'm that good looking [...] but I'm good at sex" does that count? ENTPs aren't the most subtle... really.
Really, I don't know. I was going for my general experience with them. Could be your guy is strong in Ti and low in Fe?

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Really, I don't know. I was going for my general experience with them. Could be your guy is strong in Ti and low in Fe?
Yup. Definitely. To the point where sometimes I doubt he's not an extraverted INTP but then his Si is just as low.

7 Posts
I was trying to find things I do to girls that I fancy but then I realized I also do them to girls I don't like like that. I'm just a playful person who likes to tease, even with guys. Poke fun and stuff, even though sometimes it looks like I'm being mean, but by the time I realize it it's too late but whatever, they never hate me anyway.

some things that I do differently to girls that I wanna have something with that I can think of right now is I wanna spend more time with them, so I try to hang around them a little more than other people(although not every chance I get to the point of smothering, there's limits). I ask them what they're doing later, or mention something I'm doing something later and well you get the idea.

I try to get to know them more, ask them questions to see how they think.

However with me, I think sometimes it might seem like I don't even like them. I don't always have something to say, so I just don't say anything to them. I don't like feeling like I have to come up with something. It's not my job to make them talk, so it might or does come off as me being cold, but I think it works in my favor cause it keeps them guessing, and I know some people are up front and direct, but idk, I just love when I like someone and I feel like they like me, but we don't know for sure yet. It's like a mystery, but it's like a thrill kinda.

I try to mention stuff they've said, as in like saying, I was actually listening and remembered. I've seen how much girls like that, they're like "aww, you remember??..I'm surprised". I ask them why, and they say cause no one remembered or seemed to care. But I can also do this if I'm just talking to anyone, however when it's with a girl I like, that goal is in my head.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts