Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well basically, I have a few things I want to say about cults- and I'm looking forward to the feedback I receive.
Firstly, I'd like to say I find the psychology behind cult leaders absolutely fascinating. How do people manage to be so persuasive to convince so many people to join their cult when all logistics are telling them otherwise?
I'd also like to say I'm thinking about creating a cult. Now don't take this the wrong way- although many cults are bad, I'm looking to create a good cult- a unity amongst brothers and sisters. Yes, the majority of cults have an evil ruler, but I know as an INFJ I could never become such a person. A cult needs to have a vision (Ni) and be charismatic with good people skills (Fe). They also need to be good at creating a structure (also Ni) so I'm thinking, what the heck, why not? I do not want to "brainwash" anyone, I just wanna be able to control decisions over what happens inside the cult, not outside the cult, yunno? So if anyone has any links to how to be a good cult leader etc., or if anyone wants to share their opinions on my beliefs I'm open to criticism, or if anyone wants to share their opinions on cults in general!
Thanks, join the conversation :)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Manson did it with chicks. He got attractive run away ladies that had no place to go trust him. And then they recruited males with sex and it grew that way.

As far as the pyschology goes, it's basically just isolating people, and breaking their spirits, and telling them to believe in what you want them to believe. It operates in a similar fasion as the American Government. :cool:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Are you serious?!? :dry:

I'm a cult survivor. Cult leaders are uncaring narcissistic psychopaths. There aren't words enough to describe the damage they cause to people.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Manson did it with chicks. He got attractive run away ladies that had no place to go trust him. And then they recruited males with sex and it grew that way.

As far as the pyschology goes, it's basically just isolating people, and breaking their spirits, and telling them to believe in what you want them to believe. It operates in a similar fasion as the American Government. :cool:
Thanks for the information- so basically he recruited people who needed a home and bribed the others? Interesting.

I'm a cult survivor. Cult leaders are uncaring narcissistic psychopaths. There aren't words enough to describe the damage they cause to people.
I'm sorry, I am not fully aware of how cults operate. I am also sorry to hear about what happened to you, no harm intended. When I say "Cult" it is a really general term. I do not mean a cult where one person rules and controls other peoples minds. I mean a group where we can all share one belief and equally divide our resources where we isolate from the rest of society (but with freedom of speech, etc.) I'm just wondering how to recruit people without having to control anyone.
@Tatl33: Lol, it's funny 'cause I was just reading this: How To Be Successful Cult Leader, By Tr Taylor
Thanks for that, I'll read it now. Very useful :)

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,604 Posts
I do not want to "brainwash" anyone, I just wanna be able to control decisions over what happens inside the cult, not outside the cult, yunno?
Oh, well since you put it that way.

HURR DURR, sign me up.

Not.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, well since you put it that way.

HURR DURR, sign me up.

Not.
i mean id just like to establish an exclusive society where i decide the rules... however, i would not control other peoples decisions- if they dont wanna follow the rules they can leave im not gonna mentally exhaust them... gosh ur making things difficult lol

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,604 Posts
i mean id just like to establish an exclusive society where i decide the rules... however, i would not control other peoples decisions- if they dont wanna follow the rules they can leave im not gonna mentally exhaust them... gosh ur making things difficult lol
O____________________________________________________O

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm sorry, I am not fully aware of how cults operate. I am also sorry to hear about what happened to you, no harm intended. When I say "Cult" it is a really general term. I do not mean a cult where one person rules and controls other peoples minds. I mean a group where we can all share one belief and equally divide our resources where we isolate from the rest of society (but with freedom of speech, etc.) I'm just wondering how to recruit people without having to control anyone.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Leader's lack of accountability is a defining characteristic of a cult.

Another characteristic of a cult... disobeying the leader means excommunication from the group. Threatening to take a person's support group away is a form of control.

What you want is NOT HEALTHY.

Reactions: mushr00m and Nessie

·
Registered
456 Posts
I wanted to start a cult so I could get rich and bang chicks, but I realized I have morals.

but I know as an INFJ I could never become such a person
People who a are convinced they can't do wrong are those that worry me the most. How many cult leaders do you think thought they were evil? Most of them are typed as XNFJ by the way.
Your intentions might be good, but a cult is still a cult, and control is still control.

·
Registered
65 Posts
LeelaWho:2413340 said:

Cult leaders are nasty, they purposefully lie for their own gain from deadly manipulation of their members.

As another cult survivor I wouldn't wish cult involvement on my worst enemy. It's hell getting out and having to create yourself from the ground up without any support.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts