Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, last summer I met a girl and for some reason I felt like getting to know her better, and asking her out. She seemed a lot like me, more reserved because she had just moved in, and didn't know anyone, yet I could kind of tell she wasn't shy per se, if I could just get to know her. So I talked to her briefly and asked her out on a group date with a couple friends and me. Luckily she said yes, and honestly the date went amazing. We hit it off perfectly, and my friends even brought it up with me after how similar we were.

We would make similar jokes, the way we acted with the others was just about the same, in the INTJ way where we wouldn't interrupt people, more sit back and listen, then jump in when we had a spot on witty comment or interesting point to make. We talked about school, and our interests and such, and we liked the exact same subjects, for the exact same reasons. Math and Science. We had always been able to ace every test in school our entire lives without ever studying or doing homework, and homework and studying always seemed pointless to us, etc etc the general things most INTJ's seem to have in common from grade school.

Later that night, when it was just her and I, and the other 2 times I hung out with her late at night, we talked for hours. I literally lost track of time both nights, and suddenly it was 5 A.M and the sun was coming up, and we both freaked out because we had to be at work/school in a couple hours haha. During those nights, I talked with her about stuff I've never talked with anyone about. How I thought about social interactions, all sorts of interesting stuff that I've had in common with other INTJ's here on PerC, but never in person because I don't think I've met any INTJ's that I've had long conversations with.

I knew she liked me too, because she would ask me to hang out, and would start conversations, it wasn't just coming from me. She told me she would get busy once her semester started for college. So, a week later she started her semester, and I haven't heard anything from her since. This was in August of 2014. She rarely texted me back then, she said she hated using her phone, and I don't think she even has one at this point because I've called her 2 or 3 times since August and it's always gone straight to voicemail.

So, I guess I'm wondering if you guys on here would agree that she was an INTJ, from the few interactions I had with her? And also other female INTJ's, if this seems like something that you might have done. More or less completely stopped talking to someone that you weren't necessarily that close with because time wouldn't permit it, so you just forgot about it, and if so, would you be interested in having contact with that person again? Because I want to see her atleast 1 more time before I leave, since I'm leaving to Chile for 2 years this May.

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
Don't know if she is INTJ. I can have D&Ms with lots of different types of people and I've never met another INTJ in person. But I would disappear on someone if by my calculations, there was no chance we were going to be together and I knew that's what I wanted. Better to kill the feelings now than go there and get hurt.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know if she is INTJ. I can have D&Ms with lots of different types of people and I've never met another INTJ in person. But I would disappear on someone if by my calculations, there was no chance we were going to be together and I knew that's what I wanted. Better to kill the feelings now than go there and get hurt.
But it wasn't getting romantic between us. We had literally just started being friends. I had only hung out with her, 4 times I think? It's been awhile. Would you still stop even a friendship that early? There's no reason why we couldn't have been friends at the time, atleast not to my knowledge. I'm still friends with her younger brother.

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
Yeah but if she had put you into potential romance category I can understand the disappearance. But in any case this is just speculation on my behalf and what I would do in a given set of circumstances. It doesn't mean it has any relation to her whatsoever.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah but if she had put you into potential romance category I can understand the disappearance. But in any case this is just speculation on my behalf and what I would do in a given set of circumstances. It doesn't mean it has any relation to her whatsoever.
Yeah, I know, and I thank you for your input :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts