Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Fe is the dominant function in the ENFJ I was curious if you guys are able to read some types better than others? For example the ESFJ is also Fe but I wondered since you guys have different temperaments if you are able to read some personalities with the Fe better than others. Just curious. I read somewhere on another forum where this ENFJ was saying she can read INTX the best. I was curious if that was because we are not good at hiding ourselves or if it is because the ENFJ can use their Fe better than the ESFJ for that paticular type though ESFJ is also dominant Fe. Interestingly enough I dated an ESFJ for some time and it was a great relationship. I loved the Fe in her but I definitely felt like she did not read me well at all. That's almost why it worked because it was so funny getting along and not getting along at the same time.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I'm not sure if the Fe helps me read others. I think it's the Ni that does that, actually. :)
How exactly does Ni work in that regard? I'm kinda curious, and I've been trying to figure out Ni.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
its the Fe working with the Ni.

Ni.. is like a gut feeling, hold on.. ima go copy and paste a definition that I like..

the following definition of how we utilize Ni is for a socionics profile of an EIE which is the same as an ENFJ:

Introverted Intuition
EIEs have a keen sense of the significance of the moment, life's flow of events, and the past and future evolution of things. The excitement they stimulate generally has to do with insensible things that can only be perceived over time, rather than with experiences that are captured in a specific moment. For example, they love to instill confidence in people by taking great detail to their problems and envisioning ways of handling them. EIEs are quite able to "paint pictures with words", so to speak. They enjoy having objects around them that provide a connection to the past, such as ancient trinkets or souvenirs, old-fashioned things, and items from another time and place. They like to be aware of and talk about their place in history, as the EIE's concept of humanity itself is largely perceived through the sensation of trends over time. As a result, they like to imagine scenarios of different ways a situation can unfold with their imagination; such actions give them a sense of security about what is to come.

EIEs are very open about their feelings of hesitation, apprehension, anticipation, and anxiety regarding events. Sometimes they are melodramatic about risks and dangers, but this helps them and those around them to be aware of and to prepare for possible negative turns of events. It disappoints the EIE greatly when advice given to another is rejected, but not much weighs a helpful EIE down more than to see people wasting their potential by dwelling in their past problems. They tend to believe that people, regardless of long-term psychological mistreatment, can improve their lives to some extent.

EIEs reject the idea that life is just a sequence of ho-hum everyday events with no particular meaning. They want everything to have a grand or symbolic purpose that arouses the imagination and passions. For that matter, EIEs seek to define their unique purpose in life, and orient goals around the meaning they infer from their experiences across time. They constantly seek to improve the negative conditions surrounding them, and so tend to look for problems even when it isn't necessary.

EIEs also frequently reflect on their dreams, making symbolizations of the events that occur in dreams and relating them to external reality. They enjoy contemplating on what their subconscious psyche is displaying to them.

source: Ethical Intuitive Extratim - Wikisocion

but due to the Ni working with the Fe, theres the underling meaning behind peoples behavior that we can see..

hope that helps.. lol

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Fe in and of itself is a philosophical and abstract focus on one's external environment. As a feeling function, it incorporates a lot of subconscious reasoning and right brained understanding. Fe is also extremely empathic, giving it a profound ability to feel what others are feeling - reflexively.

When combined with Ni, the intuitive and empathic effects of Fe are exponentially amplified. Ni is the function of subconscious pattern recognition, the ability to see the unseen, and know the answer without knowing why, so when combined with a reflexively empathic function, this creates a super empath. (Meanwhile, Si amplifies Fe's desire for unity, shared values, and cultural norms... effectively the opposite of intuition)

The priority of Fe > Ni creates a situation where the individual focuses on others very intently, and uses their Ni to find the answers their Fe seeks. In other words, Fe desires to know and understand others on as deep a level as it can, and in an ENFJ, this then sends Ni into action to find those answers. These two functions work in tandem, with Fe directing the motivations. The end result is incredible people reading skills.

As the Fe + Ni combination begin to see more and more patterns in people, they will develop a quicker understanding of anyone they meet who is similar to someone they've already studied. This is why the ENFJ mentioned before said they are good at reading INTx's. That same ENFJ will eventually become better at reading many types as they have more and more contact with them. Me personally, I have some types that I read much better than others but I'm good at reading almost all of the N types, as well as SPs. The only types I have trouble with anymore are the SJs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts