Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like MBTI because I feel like it gives you insight into how you're perceived, and it's been fun asking people which one they think I am. Plus I've done way too many quizzes and put way too much thought into this and I want this shit settled so I can move on with my life. Would absolutely appreciate anyone who would like to offer any guesses to what my type could be!

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
17F. It's evening here. I've been trying for an hour to finish my homework but can't really concentrate, so here I am instead :)

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
Water Sky Cloud Mountain Water resources

My first thought is that this is a very ordinary photo in terms of composition and overall feel, the kind you'd take with your phone camera on vacation - not the kind you'd see in a photography magazine. One thing that does strike me as particular is the range of mountains in the back. With the fall foliage and snow and rock they've taken on a lovely iridescent colour. I think that the photographer has chosen a good time in the year to take this photo, just because of the way that the transition between autumn and winter has been captured in a single shot.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I immediately begin to get anxious, because I don't want this day to end in disappointment and I don't want to go back home and think about how all this time and effort and money has gone to waste. Each minute that goes by and things aren't getting better my mood will worsen exponentially. I'd probably be quick to jump to action, seeing how I can fix the situation as smoothly as possible and to what extent given the circumstances. I think I would also try to lighten the mood, see how we can still have even a bit of fun while waiting for roadside assitance or something.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I'm not a big fan of parties. I think I'd grab a friend or two and we'd go do our own thing. I'd trust the driver, otherwise, I wouldn't have let them drive us in the first place.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
My inward reaction is probably shock, maybe hurt. I don't typically get angry at people. Depends on the belief, to be honest. If it's a very private belief that I know is unique to myself, or something I'm not too informed on, I won't say anything. If it's politically incorrect, or a statement that could get them in trouble if they said it anywhere else, I'll gently let them know that it's not ok to say it.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
It might take me a while to come to terms with it. I'm aware that my perception of the world can be seriously warped. I'd probably get defensive and refuse to change, but later on realize that I am simply clinging on to something that's very ingrained in me. I'd try to continuously combat and undo some of my old habits and thoughts, but it'd be a long process and would involve plenty of setbacks.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Man, this is actually a hard question! I'd say understanding. The world is complex and interesting and we limit ourselves when we are not constantly seeking perspectives outside our own. I really value self-improvement and becoming a better version of myself. No real reason, I just find that my life is a lot more colorful and meaningful the more I involve others and seek to live like my role models.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I'm not too sure. I feel as if I am a very normal person. Many of the experiences that I have, I find are pretty common once I talk to other people about them. I'd say a distinguishing feature of my personality is my capacity to self-reflect. I think that I am pretty aware of my shortcomings.
b) I wish I was less guarded and more carefree. I really admire people who are wholeheartedly kind and idealistic and can pursue their visions without fear. Honestly, I wish I was more interesting in general.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I'd say I trust my hunches a little bit too much, actually. I remember staying up until midnight when I was younger for absolutely no reason, just being absolutely convinced that I needed to drastically change my thesis for a big project I was working on. My brain is pretty empty and incomprehensible most of the time so I seize any coherent thought I have (lol). There's no specific situation, I'll suddenly realize what someone was trying to insinuate two days after the conversation is over while doing the dishes. Life is tough.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Exercise, mostly running! I like the freedom that comes with just being able to go anywhere. Getting into a flow state in any activity, and coming out feeling accomplished and mentally stimulated.
b) Anything that requires a lot of "switching," if that makes sense. Going from store to store while shopping, then going to a restaurant, then to the park, that kind of thing.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I would say my judgment. I don't like sharing my opinions, especially ones that are pretty strong or about other people. I'm pretty conformist in general, I'll adapt my personality to whatever group I'm a part of.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello!
Have you typed yourself already? I would go with INFJ referencing only this quiz. From the get-go, you show Fe, "I feel like it gives you insight into how you're perceived," and your response to the picture even considers the viewpoint of the photographer, even though it wasn't stipulated in the prompt. Ni is shown through your understanding of the limits of personal perspective, and how insights may "pop up" long after the event, even if you may not be thinking of it consciously. Indeed, the Ni dom's mindscape is quite "messy" and difficult to put into words, or even any kind of structure at all.
Hopefully this satisfies your requirements somewhat.
That's interesting, I've been typed as both ISFJ and INTJ in the past so I guess that makes sense as an in-between! Ni seems quite likely as a dominant function. I'd believe myself to really value Fe, but I also found that I almost seem to prefer Te over Ti (snap judgments even if I don't say them out loud, concerned with "getting to the point," my speaking and writing style described by multiple people simply as "efficient"). I did do a survey once and most acquaintances tend to type me as INTJ, while those who know me better go for ISFJ/INFJ. I was cautious to go with INFJ before because it's a common mistype. Seems like it could fit though.
Thank you so much for your response, genuinely!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts