Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have recently had my mum and dad do personality tests and my mum is ENTP and my dad is ENTJ.

I am really new to all this so would really love some feedback on how personality types are passed on from children if at all, and what other INFJs parents types are!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
ENTJ Dad
ISFJ Mom

ENFJ Brother
ENFP Sister
ENTJ Little brother with a low E
And one brother whose type I don't know but was most likely IxxJ.

·
Registered
294 Posts
These are mostly educated guesses, but...

dad: INTP or INTJ
mom: ESFJ or ISFJ
me: INFJ
brother #1: ISTJ
brother #2: INFP (he and brother #1 are twins)
brother #3: no idea, which probably means he's an INFJ; he and I always did have a lot in common
sister #1: ENFJ or ENFP (still working on this one)
sister #2: too young to tell

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hm... my mom took a test before and she scored as an ISFP.. but seriously, she's like an ISFJ.
My dad is probably an ENTJ. Outspoken and organized.. he did develop his F though :laughing:
I guess I should include my brother and sister..
Sister is an ENFP... or an ENFJ. She told me she's more like an ENFP, though, so ENFP.
Brother? Not so sure. ESFP I think. But since he's just 5 years old, I'll have to observe it a bit more.

Me? An INFJ.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Since I don't have it listed on my profile, Me: INFJ; Dad: xNTJ; Mom: ISFJ; Sister: ? I'd guess xNFP; Brother: ISTP

·
Registered
30 Posts
Me: INFJ
Mom: ENFP (I'm not afraid to admit - she's one of my best friends and closest confidantes. I've heard INFJ's and ENFP's make great companions)
Dad: INTJ (This was confusing - he tested as INTJ, but everything about him says S and SJ, rather than N and NT.)
Younger Brother: INFP (Me and him are a lot alike, but he's definitely a P and I'm definitely a J)
Youngest Brother: Too young to test at 6 years old, but I have a feeling he's an ESTP

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't know what my father is but my mother is also an INFJ.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Dad: INFJ
Mom: ISFJ
Older Sibling: ISTJ

·
Registered
20 Posts
Types of family members

Me;infj-Dad;infj-Mom;isfj-Brother(much older);isfp-Sister(also much older);istp.I had to figure this all out much after the fact,historically speaking yet am totally sure it's correct.Seems there are repeat types in families,such as my Dad and me.As I mature,I'm seeing more and more the similarity in his and my thinking,functioning and personality.It's amazing just how accurate this is,in this case.My family was quite dysfunctional,unfortunately-my mom was evidently deeply disturbed from childhood trauma untreated.Sad.My vivid memories of my Dad,and interactions with him,have become a reassurance to me,that I'm not #@!%$&^^***,like the rest of nuts in family tried to show me as.He most assuredly was infj,as am I.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Parents Types.

Dad: INFJ
Mom: ISFJ
Older Sibling: ISTJ
Interesting...I'm male,older,but our types,and parents types ditto.I wonder if that's also- part of why your style of expression in posts on relationships, strike such a chord,with me...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
ESFP dad and ISFJ mother I wasn't close to either of them.

I am an INFJ

·
Registered
737 Posts
My father is most likely an xNxP.
I have no idea about my mother, but she was most likely a highly dysfunctional ENFP.
My younger sister is most likely an ISFx.
My younger brother is most likely an xNFP.
My grandmother is most likely an ESFJ.
And my grandfather was most likely an ESFP.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mom: ISTJ
Dad: INFP

Needless to say, I always got along better with my dad than with my mom.
Mom was always frustrated at my unorganized, metaphorical self. :wink:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts