Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a graduate student, currently working as a short-story thriller writer. I'm very famous in my college campus (I won't say where), and people would frequently greet me as I walk by them. They often compliment for my stories, or my clothes, or even the glasses I'm wearing. Basically, I'm a celebrity. However, I'm not extroverted. I would rather mind my own business, only responding gently when talked to. I'm organized. I wake up early. I run outside to start my day. Then I visit my only friend for a cup of coffee. Then I start my studies/work. A year ago, my girlfriend broke up with me and, just after doing so, died in a car crash. This has affected my personality greatly. I used to be a happy individual focused in life and having fun and improving relationships with my close friends. I was a pre-med student turned into a short-story writer. And now, people have told me I've been very eccentric and self-absorbed than ever. In order to keep me busy, my close friend offered a job to let me write short thrillers for the campus club. And who am I? What type am I? Well, I'm going to tell you about myself in sort of a story mode. I find textbooks boring as they seem to be robots drilling a cornucopia amount of information into your brain. So here it is:

First things first, I extremely hate parties. Whenever I'm invited to a party, I wouldn't show up without a response. A very close friend of mine (I only have one close friend and very few acquaintances), who is more extroverted than I am, made a hilarious attempt to trick me into having a surprise interview session for me, for the campus, actually. As I entered my spacious and simple office, I saw the campus media crew moving stuff about, setting up the stage and adjusting all the lights, etc. I turned around to run, but her friends blocked the way. I had no choice but to act polite and lie to them that I was so GLAD to see them here. I gave a sick look at my friend, and she just smirked. My oblivious undergrad secretary was there, too (I hired her since an acquaintance of mine, who has a crush on my secretary, requested that I give HER the money that was supposed to be given to him for doing something in my request. I finally complied when he reached the point of begging and crying in the public. I now pay her in heavy allowances in order to get rid of my acquaintance's constant whining, the money, and, ultimately, my irritating secretary.) I gave slight hints to my secretary to unlock the secret passageway that was hidden behind a bookcase that leads to the backyard. She understood. As I was being tormented by having to allow the make-up artists to disfigure my face, my secretary changed a few things around to signal that the plan worked. As I was done with my make-up, the student crew producer talked to me about the script. I politely told him that I forgot my opening line, that I had written in a book. So I excused myself to walk to my bookshelf. I pretended to look for it. When everybody was too busy and nobody was noticing some random human by the bookshelf, I made a run for it and drove out to the city with me and my secretary.

The same friend, one day in Starbucks, told me how concerned and annoyed she was at her ex-boyfriend trying to get her back. I remembered how obnoxious and immature he was and how much we both wanted to get rid of him. Her birthday came up. As I was in my office working on my short story, a friend of my friend beckoned me to come. She also told my secretary to come, too. I replied, "You guys go first, I'll be there in a sec!" My secretary and the friend left. I normally hate parties, and would do anything to avoid it, but it was my close friend's, so I insisted myself on going. I finished my rough draft for my short story. (I would, without telling her, order my secretary to do something for me. I would use her as an experiment to see if a human can do certain things, such as catch a wild cat, stuff herself in a large backpack, leaning forward to pick up a phone while doing hula-hoops, etc. Her father thought I was crazy, and I couldn't believe it. I was a bit offended). When I arrived there, the party seemed to have toned down to just relaxing, eating, and talking. Her friends noticed me and I politely said, Hello. I looked around for my friend. They beckoned me to sit down with them and the secretary. I said that I was fine, and asked where my friend was. They told me she was in her room. I made my way there and opened the fancy-looking door. I felt a loud bump followed by a grunt and a loud "thud!". I saw my friend there (noticed tears in her eyes), shocked with wide open eyes, and I went in and saw that I'd knocked the drunk ex out of consciousness. I thought he was dead. I was very worried. I checked his breathing; it was ok. The mood seems strained, so I improvise by reaching into my pocket for her "present," but I give her a smile and say that I forgot her present. She probably knows me well enough why I'm late. Haha. ;) Anywho, she told me she'd wished that she could just send her ex away... that gave me an idea. I told her I could send him away for her as a birthday gift. I got the ball rolling by depositing the ex in a taxi and paying the driver to take him far away. (I sent the drunk to a very rural village to be thrown out into the wild). :)

I'm a perfectionist. When I "hired" my secretary, I smiled and told her to sharpen pencils for me and brew coffee in the morning. She seemed to be flattered by my remarks, but I hid my acknowledgment. (I noticed the same thing to every college girl, even if I have no intentions on dating them.) When she'd finished, I briefly looked at her to tell her Oh, how great of a secretary you are. It seemed to have worked. Then I smiled and said thanks. She was very flattered. I got back to my work and started writing. The pencils were...let's just say it just didn't meet my standards. I could immediately tell that she used a mechanical pencil sharpener. Then I tasted the coffee. It was disgustingly horrendous. I spat it back out. Then I heard the annoying noises of the keyboard as my secretary typed. I held it all in and politely told her to go to the lounge and summarize a book that I'll need in a few days. She told me she'd be back with the book to work on it, but I replied and lied that the book couldn't be taken out. She went. Away. Far. Silence. I sighed in relief and threw away the pencils. I got my knife and started cutting the new pencils. Then I brewed my own coffee (I studied coffee to brew a coffee that matched my standards; I hated every coffee that others served me) and I was satisfied.

It may seem that I don't give a shit about my secretary, but right now our relationship seems to be becoming more in-depth. I'm quite amused and pleased with this, though I don't show it to her. When I find out that she's suffered an injury, I don't hesitate to call her or rush out to suppress the injury. I'm a very empathetic person, hence my pre-medical major.

This is all I have to offer. For now. Thanks for reading, and I hope you all have concluded my type. And some of you may ask, why not trust the test? My answer is, the test is always wrong. When it comes to subjectivity, you cannot trust a computer; a fellow human being is a better judge in this case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just making a note.. under the section where you said you were a perfectionist.. it seems that you are more compulsive to me, than just being a perfectionist.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Hmmm you're probably an ENFP turned into an INFJ.. or INTJ. You do have empathy for others, but that's what I'm getting. Will you be the next Stephen King maybe? :)

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
Ok so this guy is fucking with us.

He stole the entire story from a Korean drama called Coffee House. The author in the show is named Jin Soo Lee (This dudes username is JSLee). The only difference in his story is that is takes place on a university campus.

Here is your proof
Coffee House - Episode 1 - Watch Full Episodes Free on DramaFever

It's all there. The clueless secretary, how the author is annoyed with her typing, shitty coffee, bad pencil making and the guy who paid the author to hire her cause he likes her. Later episodes he starts to be fond of her and rushes her to the hospital, yada yada yada.

@JSLee you suck ;)

Reactions: RemiX
1 - 4 of 4 Posts