Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Myres-Briggs Types of all Enneagram Variations,

(What at mouthful o.o)

Recently, I've regained interest in learning about sex. To be specific, informative ways to please women. I dub it "research", which it technically is, so we'll be using this term :proud:

During the course of my research, I've read a few articles relating penis curvation and positions. I'm sure many of us have come upon them, either through reading of our own or real-life experiences. The slightly depressing thing is there's (relatively) few information online regarding this topic. There are there, but somewhat hard to find.

Basic Information & Statistics:

Frequency of penises curving to either side:

Left: 13.6%
Straight: 85.2%
Right: 1.2%

Frequency of penises curving up or down:

Upwards: 22.2%
Straight: 63.0%
Downwards: 14.8%

I don't know where they got the statistics from o.o -shrug-

I believe the missionary & cowgirl are most ideal if the curvature is upwards and doggy style & reserve cowgirl if downwards. If it's to either side, the former positions should be more effective. Of course, these answers are scientifically derived, based on ease in accessing the Grafenberg spot (i.e. G-spot).

So Ladies, your input? Preferences? Don't be shy :wink:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Honest answer?

That type of cerebral approach to sex doesn't work for me at all. I can understand of course why guys might be interested in it, but I'd personally say: It probably matters far less than you'd think.

I always lived by:
"Feels good - hell yeah, keep going."
"Doesn't feel good - nope, let's try something else."

I guess I "experienced" a few different "types, sizes and curvations" throughout life, but I would probably only ever feel sexually unfulfilled if a guy thought having sex is the equivalent of taking a dump (as in: "I feel an urge, and I just need a receptacle"), and that ain't nothing to do with the penis, but all with being a dick.

Everything I've experienced was thoroughly enjoyable (granted, some guys are more creative, and really loving someone also plays a big part in it), but I'm also not one to keep quiet about my preferences. It's all about communicating and making a noise (literally ;)).

I mean, I could tell you about preferred positions, but since I've never related them to "the shape", that's pretty futile with regards to your research. I really don't know what's more "effective" in that case.

Sorry if I can't really help, despite being a woman in her late 30s who is sexually experienced and enjoys sex rather a lot ;)

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
Honest answer?

That type of cerebral approach to sex doesn't work for me at all. I can understand of course why guys might be interested in it, but I'd personally say: It probably matters far less than you'd think.

I always lived by:
"Feels good - hell yeah, keep going."
"Doesn't feel good - nope, let's try something else."
That's pretty much all you need to know about life.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
That's pretty much all you need to know about life.
True that - who'd have thought there's deep philosophical wisdom (only if you're a bit of a hedonist of course ;)) to be found discussing penis curvature and sex positions?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, this thread is only here to satisfy my curiosity--> due to, like I stated above, lack of information online. It's not like I can will my penis to curve in another direction anyways :laughing:

And of course, only an idiot would do something like "Ok, next step. Wait, let me recall that paragraph.", or anything of the sort. Obviously, the fundamentals of the mating process is based on physical & mental attraction of any moment, and all other kinds of gooey-feely factors. Blatantly applying knowledge like that would not only ruin the mood, and like you rightfully said, would be very off-putting.

But I am an INTJ; it doesn't hurt going into the bedroom armed with some sort of knowledge. I believe researching is just as important as experience. If you calm down and think about it, it's practically the same thing. "Research" is based on other peoples' experience and knowledge. "Experience" is based on your own knowledge and is basically psycodynamics. Every woman is different but there are bound to be some similarities, right?

A Very Basic Example:

All women possess a G-spot, U-spot, Clitoris and an Anterior Fornix Erogenous Zone.

1) Research tells you they're there.
2) Experience tells you they're there and verifies it.
1) Research informs you ways to stimulate them.
2) Experience informs you ways to stimulate them and verifies your research.

I believe research is a very sound method of approach and as long you don't slip up and "ruin the mood", like I stated above, everything should be fine. Heck, it should even enhance your sex life by introducing things you didn't even know.

Reactions: FallingSlowly

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
True that - who'd have thought there's deep philosophical wisdom (only if you're a bit of a hedonist of course ;)) to be found discussing penis curvature and sex positions?
Its often from the simple things that we gain the greatest understanding.

Reactions: FallingSlowly

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I believe research is a very sound method of approach and as long you don't slip up and "ruin the mood", like I stated above, everything should be fine.
Or until reality throws a curveball. All my research on prostate stimulation (hello, fellow INTJ) is for naught if he doesn't want me anywhere near his ass. One must be flexible.

Regarding your original question, my limited data indicates no correlation between upward curvature and missionary/cowgirl being "ideal" (for generating female orgasms, I assume.)

Welcome to PerC, also.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
And to offer something research-related:

Many women actually require a fairly decent amount of clitoral stimulation to orgasm (I personally don't agree with Dr. Anal Freud that only a vaginal orgasm is a proper one - that very idea did so much damage that it actually makes me want to vomit).
A lot of research (the most well known one is probably the Kinsey report, but there's much, much more) suggests that clitoral orgasms are actually more common. Not better or worse, just more common. That doesn't mean all women prefer or have them either ;)

And pop, there goes the "incredibly important to hit the G-Spot"-theory. It's appreciated of course if the partner thinks about it and wants to make his lady happy...

·
Banned
3,960 Posts
This tread made me laugh so much.
I was going to say, I think you need a model to test with first. ;) I won't share you with my secret codes to my body either. Only the lucky guy will find out about this. :wink:

It is actually good if you know yourself first, and then maybe sometimes let the lady guide you a little... Cos even in research, it really doesn't prove anything, although I understand that you are an NT, there is indeed an element of technical knowledge that you must learn, but letting the other person show you their body and how it make it feel good is also better too. :) Maybe when they know that you are an NT, then should you release your preferences too. ;)

I see it as a dance. Learning the basic steps just allows you to experience certain things, but in actuality, when you are together, freestyling happens more often than not, and you got to let your partner show you a little and guide you too... in order to make that wonderful sequence. To me it is really about the sequence of events...

If you must learn, then go and checkout all of the karma sutra positions. The beauty of everything is also to actually find someone who also like to experiment with you as well...

About hitting that spot. I just wanted to say that, on a biological level, a woman's body changes through time, and the sensitivities also differ through ages too. Something to bear in mind, hence you must also let your partner guide you a little to their preferences etc too... Shocking them and then falling out of the bed may not be a classy thing to do. :tongue:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This tread made me laugh so much...

The beauty of everything is also to actually find someone who also like to experiment with you as well...

Something to bear in mind, hence you must also let your partner guide you a little to their preferences etc too...
As a 6w7, I aim to please :laughing: And you're right, fingers-crossed. Though research states that most women feel uncomfortable "guiding" :/ fingers-crossed on that one too!

And pop, there goes the "incredibly important to hit the G-Spot"-theory. It's appreciated of course if the partner thinks about it and wants to make his lady happy...
Yip, that was the first theory that was refuted :) And thank you for the compliment!

Or until reality throws a curveball. All my research on prostate stimulation (hello, fellow INTJ) is for naught if he doesn't want me anywhere near his ass. One must be flexible.

Welcome to PerC, also.
Nice! About 2 years ago, on my second research spree, I lightly touched on prostate stimulation but was meet with very contradictory results. Many studies proved prostate stimulation was pleasurable to men yet, there were just as much evidence to falsify it :frustrating: Any breakthroughs?

And despite the outcome, I don't mind pegging. As long as we have the right lubricant (silicon-based>water-based) and the errr right equipment + build-up, everything should work out marvelously. I mean, if the effects of a single finger was so profound... an entire strap-on... The results would be phenomenal!!! :blushed:

Feel free to bring a whip if you have one :wink: and thank you for the welcoming statement!

Reactions: carlaviii

·
Banned
3,960 Posts
As a 6w7, I aim to please :laughing: And you're right, fingers-crossed. Though research states that most women feel uncomfortable "guiding" :/ fingers-crossed on that one too! ...
Women does not guide in a way like a guy does, verbal, dictatorial way, but she will indeed show you subtle signs etc. Maybe you need to brush up on body language too. Just as a qualifier doubled as reconfirmation etc. Hey, imagine that, jackpot then! ;)

My brother once in his infamous bright light moment said I should "drop my hankie" to show the guy I will consider him for dating. He is an ESTJ btw, as you see, his comment is really about the actual action to show your signal, again, look for those obvious signals which individual women will actually be doing every day but you probably never saw it because you overlooked them or something. But if you do observe people in general, you can figure out their patterns pretty much. Maybe your research now should not be theory but body language? Oh, pulse rates obviously helps... lol. But please note the subtle difference between a heart attack anxiety to that of subtle excitment....

Ok, the rest of the responses, I needed to cut cut cut... too much info... lol...

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,918 Posts
Greetings Myres-Briggs Types of all Enneagram Variations,

(What at mouthful o.o)

Recently, I've regained interest in learning about sex. To be specific, informative ways to please women. I dub it "research", which it technically is, so we'll be using this term :proud:

During the course of my research, I've read a few articles relating penis curvation and positions. I'm sure many of us have come upon them, either through reading of our own or real-life experiences. The slightly depressing thing is there's (relatively) few information online regarding this topic. There are there, but somewhat hard to find.

Basic Information & Statistics:

Frequency of penises curving to either side:

Left: 13.6%
Straight: 85.2%
Right: 1.2%

Frequency of penises curving up or down:

Upwards: 22.2%
Straight: 63.0%
Downwards: 14.8%

I don't know where they got the statistics from o.o -shrug-

I believe the missionary & cowgirl are most ideal if the curvature is upwards and doggy style & reserve cowgirl if downwards. If it's to either side, the former positions should be more effective. Of course, these answers are scientifically derived, based on ease in accessing the Grafenberg spot (i.e. G-spot).

So Ladies, your input? Preferences? Don't be shy :wink:
I don't think it makes much difference. But if it did, I would expect an upwards curve would be most ideal for doggy, since the curve would be the area stimulating the g-spot, a few inches in.

At least in an ideal world :tongue: :laughing:

Just kidding, I've heard it's what you do it that counts. So maybe shorter guys should just switch to the opposite position.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Nice! About 2 years ago, on my second research spree, I lightly touched on prostate stimulation but was meet with very contradictory results. Many studies proved prostate stimulation was pleasurable to men yet, there were just as much evidence to falsify it :frustrating: Any breakthroughs?
I've found that a little pressure on the perineum -- at the base of the penis, behind the balls -- gets a positive reaction in most cases. Occasionally, no response.

Those who've been brave enough to go all the way have enjoyed it. I prefer fingers for that, since the novelty of penetrating somebody is still quite fascinating, for me. Better yet, kissing him while knuckle-deep...

Feel free to bring a whip if you have one :wink: and thank you for the welcoming statement!
Whips aren't my style, but... :wink:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
and i thought that i over think things, :p...

when it comes down to it, if you're in your head enough to recall all of this information while having sex, you're probably not there in the moment enough to really enjoy it (or for the other person to really enjoy you either). plenty of people have fulfilling sex lives without being privy to the scientific-y side of sex, because it's natural will happen naturally if you let it.

if it makes you feel more confident going into the moment, then great, but no amount of book-reading is going to tell you something specific about your partner that your partner will not inadvertently tell you her/himself.

i'm sure the "curvation" won't matter in any case.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.