Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious...

I'm pretty sure I'm an ENFP (long journey..) but my sis is adamant that I'm ENTJ. I confess this has some merit, so I'll ask you guys (actually mainly girls):

-Are they any ENTJs who hate business and stuff like that?
-Do any of you have people ask if your a lot younger than you are [when you're in a good mood]?
-Do ANY of you come off as really sweet and cutesy and, dare I say, clumsy? Like, brilliant ditzes?
-Are any of you "elegant"?
-Do you love art and theater and romantic stuff?

All of this is part of me and while she just doesn't see it, I can't ignore it.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Just curious...

I'm pretty sure I'm an ENFP (long journey..) but my sis is adamant that I'm ENTJ. I confess this has some merit, so I'll ask you guys (actually mainly girls):

-Do any of you have people ask if your a lot younger than you are [when you're in a good mood]?
-Do ANY of you come off as really sweet and cutesy and, dare I say, clumsy? Like, brilliant ditzes?

I don't think you seem like an ENTJ based on this post alone, but that's just me :tongue:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Just curious...

Bah humbug, go away ;)

Ok just kidding... This one should be easy. There are major differences between ENFP's and ENTJ's (one is we are way cooler). Here is a good way to know.... Do you clean or organize anything? If you do you might be an ENTJ if not go with ENFP.

Seriously though, have you taken the test to verify one way or another? Do you have any empathy (we all do but ENFP's have a generous helping of it).

And for what its worth my vote is ENFP :)

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Bah humbug, go away ;)

Ok just kidding... This one should be easy. There are major differences between ENFP's and ENTJ's (one is we are way cooler). Here is a good way to know.... Do you clean or organize anything? If you do you might be an ENTJ if not go with ENFP.

Seriously though, have you taken the test to verify one way or another? Do you have any empathy (we all do but ENFP's have a generous helping of it).

And for what its worth my vote is ENFP :)
I organize more than you do.

Of course, that's not typical...I've been drenched in Te doms since birth.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I organize more than you do.

Of course, that's not typical...I've been drenched in Te doms since birth.
MAYBE (household wise). But I got you on the thought and business realm ;)

Reactions: Enfpleasantly

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I'm an ENFP. My mom is an ENTJ, and my whole family except my youngest three sibs (I have a lot) are Ts. So maybe it's that I've been drenched in T-dom (esp Te-dom) since birth. :) 'Ppreciate it!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I'm an ENFP. My mom is an ENTJ, and my whole family except my youngest three sibs (I have a lot) are Ts. So maybe it's that I've been drenched in T-dom (esp Te-dom) since birth. :) 'Ppreciate it!
Ok it's final, you are ENFP :)

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Nah it's adorable when they have a knife to your throat. Like they're gonna go through with it! Ha!
Correct me if I am wrong, but where is Fi in their function stack again? Something tells me they actually would. But hey, I would go out with a bang (pun intended).

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
ENFPs and INFPs are quite similar, so I'll answer your questions.

-Are they any ENTJs who hate business and stuff like that? -
-Do any of you have people ask if your a lot younger than you are [when you're in a good mood]? I get asked all the time. People assume I'm anywhere from 14-17. Most people have trouble believing I've finished high school, and I've been out for four years.
-Do ANY of you come off as really sweet and cutesy and, dare I say, clumsy? Like, brilliant ditzes? Lots of people describe me as cute. I used to be really clumsy, falling over all the time and stuff, but I've outgrown it.
-Are any of you "elegant"? I'm not, but I'm sure others are.
-Do you love art and theater and romantic stuff? Yup. I love musicals, and I'm lovesick half the time.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I dunno, ENTJ's are cute when they are mad. Just try to keep the sharp objects away from them during that time.
=]]

Nah it's adorable when they have a knife to your throat. Like they're gonna go through with it! Ha!
If you happen to be in such a situation, I suggest you don't make it into a dare thing. Unless you like the idea...

Btw, titles is "cute and sexy"
@OP, hon, sexy is any entj's middle name. That part of the question was redundant.
Cute on the other hand, all people can be to various degrees, it is not the strong impression an entj makes (though there are always exceptions).
We can be this cute:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I just felt like throwing in here that awesome physical organization is not necessary to be an ENTJ. That falls more into the realm of detail orientation, which we're not really the masters of. Since we use Te, we are organized thinkers. This preference can bleed over into our environments, but not always. Why? Because our environments aren't usually the focus of our Thinking.

Example: I take a new router out of the box to install it at our house. The new router will speed up our internet, and solve all kinds of other problems, as long as I configure it correctly. I also need to set up a "system" of sorts among among the configs of all the network devices in the house. Fun stuff, except for actually changing all the little values, which I chug through simply to make my plan a reality.

The real question: what happened to that box that the router came in?

The real answer: Nobody cares. It got thrown in a corner because there are bigger fish to fry (the router config and plan to speed up our internet). When I was a kid, my ISFJ mom used to clean that type stuff up for me. Now I just wait until the mess somehow affects something and clean it all at once. When it does get cleaned, however, it is spotless.

And I'm positive I'm ENTJ.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I just felt like throwing in here that awesome physical organization is not necessary to be an ENTJ. That falls more into the realm of detail orientation, which we're not really the masters of. Since we use Te, we are organized thinkers. This preference can bleed over into our environments, but not always. Why? Because our environments aren't usually the focus of our Thinking.

Example: I take a new router out of the box to install it at our house. The new router will speed up our internet, and solve all kinds of other problems, as long as I configure it correctly. I also need to set up a "system" of sorts among among the configs of all the network devices in the house. Fun stuff, except for actually changing all the little values, which I chug through simply to make my plan a reality.

The real question: what happened to that box that the router came in?

The real answer: Nobody cares. It got thrown in a corner because there are bigger fish to fry (the router config and plan to speed up our internet). When I was a kid, my ISFJ mom used to clean that type stuff up for me. Now I just wait until the mess somehow affects something and clean it all at once. When it does get cleaned, however, it is spotless.

Oh yeah, I can see this completely! I organize physical stuff more than my ENTJ Husband. My Parents (also ENTJ) organize only when it's affecting other things...like you mentioned. I'm the same way, except I can function in pure chaos and disorganization, but when it slows me down (having to look for things), or makes other things run inefficiently, I must organize. The problem is, there is no happy medium for me. I need perfect organization or none at all, the ENTJ's I know are also like that, but not quite as anal as I am with it.

My thoughts are certainly scattered, but I can put them in order to present them...I think my Husband and Parent's thoughts are automatically organized...sometimes too organized. For instance, I could never just ask my Mom or Dad a question without them starting at the beginning and working through. My Mom is a pediatric nurse and I am also a nurse, but not pediatric. So, when I call her with a question about one of my kids, she will start at the very beginning of the protocol while I'm telling her "yeah I did that, yeah I know, yeah I did that too...I'm asking what's next" :)

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Now I just wait until the mess somehow affects something and clean it all at once. When it does get cleaned, however, it is spotless.

I chuckled when I read this because this is totally me at home. When it annoys me, it all gets clean in one swoop and it is spotless. But, I'm totally different at work. I keep everything organized at work and everything has a home. I clean up my workspace religiously at the end of the day.

I think for me I don't really care about clutter for the most part unless I have to use the space to think and/or function...then I just can't do it....If I have to think and/or function then the immediate space has to be clutter free. Oh yes, paper and clothes are my biggest nemesis for keeping an organized and tidy space. LOL!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.