Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, but, does anyone else feel like they have a Daemon or avatar or guardian angel or spirit guide?
I feel like I do, and I feel like I see him in all kinds of places.

One time I was at a game store, and there was a full size stand up thing of this vampire dude that looked just like my Daemon.

I used to feel calm around that picture, and when I was going through a hard time I would speak to it as if it was him.

One time I felt like the experience was particularly real [which happens often enough, but I was feeling like I was more strongly connected to him on that night].
I was not sitting very close to the cardboard cut-out, was sitting a good bit a way, by my father's car in the parking lot, and I was talking to him in my mind.. my usual pokerface. I really felt like he was standing right in front of me, though.

I finally got into the car and guess what?
My father asked me who I had been talking to.
There was no one with me and I wasn't speaking out loud.
I asked him if they were male or female, and he said male.
He said he had heard him speaking.

Lol..

another thing is, lately I've been reading the Golden Compass..
Haven't finished the book yet, it's pretty good, but I still prefer the movie.
There are Daemons in the book, and in their world, their daemons are "physical" talking animals that are manifestations of the human's soul, so when one gets hurt, the other can feel it too.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Not so much a Daemon- but I did used to sense these lions laying on the outside fire escape of the apartment I grew up in. They made me feel very safe there.

Fast forward a good twenty-something years; and looking at the outside of the apartment, above the front door? Lion head motif. I swear I never noticed they were there before, all that time ago.

It's amazing how that happens when we're open.

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
I certainly believe in something similar, namely spirit (totem) animals. Through meditation I found out which two animals guide me in life: the wolf & the owl. It made complete sense to me, both animals have fascinated me since I was a younger child and whenever I saw one of them in the wild or in the zoo (sadly never seen a wild wolf) I always felt a connection between me and the animal.

The most remarkable experience with a wolf came last summer. I was visiting a small zoo in rural Minnesota and it had a wolf enclosure. A white wolf approached the window, where I was standing, without fear and he pressed his nose against the glass. I also pressed my nose against the window and we stood there, only separated by an inch of superheated sand.

Owls are more visible in my life through symbols & objects. One of my friends loves owls too and she has these little owl figurines in her house and a few pictures. My therapist has a picture of a barn owl in her office. Owl is more like a constant companion in life, while Wolf shows up once in a while.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
in my religion, every person was born with a companion jinn (spirit), so yeah, I know I have one.
I have heard of them. One lady was quite in depth about jinn and that scared me. When I was an angsty teen, I used to see a pair of red eyes in the kitchen of my grandma's apartment. It only went away when I was in peace with myself and healing from being hurt by someone.

Is there any way I could contact it? Some jinns are bad or good, it depends which one you got. They can screw around with you, too, what I heard. The religion in my country say you have a 'guardian angel'. When I was greatly depressed back in the last year of high school, I started imagining that I have a person to talk with, so I could cope. Although, I was just talking with myself.

·
INFP
7,090 Posts
possibly my imaginary friend could be seen as something along those lines, she's imaginary, and belong in the inside-me-world, but helps in keeping me fairly sane, not adapting away myself, keeps me connected to the original me in a way I guess. She is keept safe in there and isn't whithered by the friction with the outer world the way I am. I don't mean to say one shouldn't change, I think it is good to change, but not to get all lost. She helps with that. And have kept me company when as most alone.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm not sure if this counts, but I quite frequently see snakes in my dreams.

A very common dream I have is of a shiny black snake (a black adder, perhaps?) coiling itself around my arm and soon wrapping itself around my neck. I don't feel panicked or anything, rather, the snake feels smooth and cool against my skin - and I enjoy its company.

I also tend to come across snakes in real life... Very frequently. They're quite beautiful to look at. I remember reading something about a woman who slept with snakes when I was young, and the imagery stuck with me.

I think I associate them with both wisdom and sexual energy - both being traits I highly value/think about a lot. My deadly sin has always been Lust. It's really the only animal I can think of that I see and notice the most in daily life.

·
Banned
132 Posts
yea most people have at least one. with my "animal guide" things become a synchronicity slushie whilst with the other two they work more in the shadows with protection and gradually shaping. you'd have to be pretty messed up or be here for a specific or "special" purpose to not be accompanied by one. sometimes living people are also guides.

it's interesting that your father picked up on him. maybe his energy has been around your family for a long time.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Q: Are the Shadow People really Djinn?

A: I have been studying Shadow People for many years and have come to the conclusion that this is a form taken by Djinn. The Shadow People often manifest as the silhouette of a tall man wearing a coat or cape and sometimes a hat. There are no facial features. They are usually bedroom visitors.

Source
FAQS About the Djinn | Vengeful Djinn

Guys, I just realized that I saw a djinn once! O_O like in this form!
Omg! I'm so scared and...... have been out of touch with my psychic abilities lately.. v_V

I was working on the printer/scanner one night, and my grandmother called my name from her chair. I looked over at her, and to my surprise I saw the exact description of a djinn [actually, I'll add a detail, I could tell he was wearing a suit even though he was like a sillouette] standing behind her chair, kind of protectively.
I looked back at the printer.. I see stuff in the corner of my eye all of the time, so this wasn't much different.
Then I looked back several more times, and he/she was still there!
He wasn't in the corner of my eye like most shadow people I see either.. He was within my line of sight.

I thought I was seeing my grandpa's ghost.. told my grandmother what I saw and she immediately believed me, said my grandfather had a hat like that, but didn't know why I had seen a suit.
but this description is EXACT.

At night I kept having dreams of a hidden room in the house that was so vivid that I really felt like it was there. I actually wanted to go into the backroom and search for a hidden door. o_o;

That place was so cool, though. o.o

I felt like he just wanted to be left alone, but he had a negative, sad vibe so I wanted to help and I was also kind of bothered by his presence.
and then I aggitated him.

Oh god, scariest experience of my life-time.
even though he told me he was a djinn, I thought he was a demon. =.='

We had a house fire, and there was a renovation team spending a lot of time at our house while we were in a hotel..
This girl walks up to me and tells me that our house is haunted.
I tell her, yeah, it is.

Pretty funny.

and then me and the entire crew watched the doors opening and closing with our own two eyes.

Even before the fire, though, I remember there were times when the door would open VERY slowly.. as if someone was barely pushing it so they could look through.. and then it would close again.

but yeah, that djinn is STILL mad at me. =.=

He invades my mind. =.=

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have heard of them. One lady was quite in depth about jinn and that scared me. When I was an angsty teen, I used to see a pair of red eyes in the kitchen of my grandma's apartment. It only went away when I was in peace with myself and healing from being hurt by someone.

Is there any way I could contact it? Some jinns are bad or good, it depends which one you got. They can screw around with you, too, what I heard. The religion in my country say you have a 'guardian angel'. When I was greatly depressed back in the last year of high school, I started imagining that I have a person to talk with, so I could cope. Although, I was just talking with myself.
I'm not qualified to answer so I'll just paste the wikipedia entry, I hope you don't mind:

A qarin (Arabic: قرين‎ qarīn), according to Islamic literature, is a Jinni. Qarins are unique to each individual. Qarin literally means 'constant companion'. A qareen pushes a person to do evil things and to disobey Allah, with the exception of Muhammad.

From a purely Qur'anic point of view, qarins have been mentioned in the following:

And whosoever turns away from the remembrance of the Most Beneficent, we appoint for him Shaytan to be a qarin to him. Sūrat az-Zukhruf (43:36)

Conflicting opinions exist on the faith of the Qarin. One opinion is that the qarin, being a jinni-type creature, if not guided by his human companion on the right path, becomes a shaytan by the command of God. The companion will be what its guide is or more than what the guide is. However the second opinion is that the Qareen is evil and having one’s Qareen become a Muslim was something that was unique to Muhammad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts