Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be part rant, part question, part funny, part rant, and part Dafuq??

Right... so I hurt my shoulder last night playing basketball. I went to the local medical clinic (I believe I posted about how much I hate this person that sits at the front desk sometime last November/December). So I get to pay an obnoxiously high sliding fee for them just to look at my shoulder just because I don't have prove of my Pel Grant I get from college.

So the doctor comes in and checks out my shoulder and tells me I have a muscle strain. She also tells me that since I have to pay a sliding fee I can get two shots that will help my shoulder heal up faster for free, sweet!

She walks out, lady from front desk hereby known as "BTHM" (That Hates Me) walks in just a minute later and tells me I no longer have to pay a sliding fee, yay! Doctor comes back in and says since I don't have to pay a sliding fee and the shots are rather expensive she will just give me a prescription, ok that's cool because I'm somewhat afraid of needles anyway. As I'm walking out BTHM informs me that I have to pay a sliding fee:confused:
Me: ok then, what about the free shots then?
Her: what free shots?....*hands over receipt* have a nice day, bye.
:dry:

Yea... fuck you too.

So I pick up my fun prescription and go back to the house.

I'm reading this paper that came with it and this is what pops to mind almost immediately:

·
Banned
493 Posts
The medical system, I've lost all hope in it. Doctors, from my experience, always have people with a lack of finesse working at the front desk. They don't speak well, and they are completely obnoxious. It's like, "I took a crash course on how to be a slob in scrubs. I am holier than you, patient! Pay me..."

Society has made it out to be that their kids should study medicine/become a lawyer because it's gonna make you lots of mula, and it's true; most of society is materialistic, sadly. So you have a bunch of as*holes who study medicine because they want to be rich. I have yet to meet a person that says, "I want to do it for people." I rarely find this, and if I do, I feel that they aren't being truthful. They manipulate the truth as to sound less shrewd, when in fact I think they're just as bad as those that admit it, if not worse.

I use to work in the ER, and I have to say the quality of nurses these days is even worse.

Sorry if I sound evil haha. I wanted to be a doctor and years of being with materialistic people that are pursuing a career in medicine has left me feeling this way.

·
Registered
466 Posts
This is why I offer "backyard" medical services. It's easier to deal with me and pay like, 20 bucks to let me do something I'm sure I'd have fun doing...though I wouldn't know. I haven't had any takers yet. :/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts