Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daily check— What are my physical needs today?

I thought it would be “good for me” to take a second and self-assess. Maybe you guys too?

I need to drink more water today. Do some laundry.

·
Registered
INFP so/sx
562 Posts
I thought it would be “good for me” to take a second and self-assess. Maybe you guys too?

I need to drink more water today. Do some laundry.
ALESHA. GIRL. BABE. LISTEN.

I used to be awful at keeping myself hydrated but I’ve started putting lemon slices in my water and that really helps. There are so many benefits and on top of that, the water tastes f a n t a s t i c

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
ALESHA. GIRL. BABE. LISTEN.

I used to be awful at keeping myself hydrated but I’ve started putting lemon slices in my water and that really helps. There are so many benefits and on top of that, the water tastes f a n t a s t i c
You're quite hilarious @issavide - as loud and dramatic as my brain can be at times :tongue:, it's good to see someone else do it so that I am not as crazy as I think I am.

Hydration is good @Alesha

What my body needs is ..... well .... actually my brain needs stimulation, that will make my body feel better too i'm sure. OKAY SO WheRE ARE ALL THE NEW PEOPLE AT? I NEED TO MEET ALL OF YOU AND DO SPEED-COURSE INTERROGATIONS !!! Come on now ... come come.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Maybe pay someone to cut my hair. Went for the Daniel Day-Lewis fade-ish haircut and it did not end up looking anything like it. Oh well it grows back.
:crying:
I vote for realz picture of you! It can't be that bad :D ... right? no? yes? please? I got my hair cut today as well... I should join in on the efforts.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I actually have a question for ENFP's passing by this thread.

I've come to realise that subconsciously my body is quite tense and holds onto stress. I've asked an ENFP friend of mine about this if this happens with her as well, seeing as she has some struggles with bodily aches and all (such as digestive system easily being affected).
Additionally, even though I come across as laid-back and calm in my demeanour, people that were closer to me physically actually mentioned that my body shakes a little or that I am ''tense'' or ''intense''. Never do I notice this myself...

At the same time I cannot ignore the facts that I absolutely love taking baths and also like my drinks (alcohol) and something else that I probably shouldn't need to go into detail much further :D. These help me relax and probably also my body (muscles). I never thought about it in that way, but it seems to all fall into place. It's probably healthy for me to look for ways to release stress from the body (as I don't feel mentally stressed so much or not as easily). It's not good when mental stress just gets converted into physical stress in my body, without me noticing it.

I easily ignore or forget my bodily needs, so it makes sense that I also don't notice that my body is stressed. I've been having a lot of aches and difficulties messing up my daily routines or general quality of life (sounds very dramatic this way, not sure how to put it in another way lol).

Do any other ENFP's have this?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@nicoloco90 In the descriptions of ENFPs on The Personality Page they actually include the physical tension as part of their description of us! I always found it surprising that they knew! And the more my Ne is detecting about social things the more I need a massage according to them.. I don't get massages-- of course that would be awesome, though--- but that's the solution I've seen posted on that website and in a book once.
Physical activity-- yep! I'm so glad all this got brought up, because I've been meaning to post how important swimming and hiking outdoors is for me, and I wondered how that was for everyone else? Like I put off getting enough physical activity when it's not my habit, but when it IS my habit I think my confidence goes up, I don't sweat the small stuff so much, and physically I FEEL great. Also super important for me to be out in nature--- I crave it and it does good things. The other physical stuff you mention/don't mention-- I crave it and it does good things! @IssaVibe-- Yep! Issa is amazing in a word! Issa I see your posts, I see you building happiness into the structure of your life as if you were building a wonderful house as far as I can see! <3 It took me so long to be able to do that! But I like to think I share that with you now. <3 <3 <3 Okay, lemons!!!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yeah, and I want to thank my (possibly ESFJ) dog for getting me out in nature everyday and usually for kicking my ass out of bed and going for a walk!

·
Registered
INFP so/sx
562 Posts
I’ve noticed that I tend to clench my fists or bite down on my teeth when I’m stressed - I don’t even realise I’m doing it until someone points it out to me! I definitely know it’s related to anxiety but I find it interesting that my body reacts to it in such a way.

At the same time I cannot ignore the facts that I absolutely love taking baths and also like my drinks (alcohol) and something else that I probably shouldn't need to go into detail much further :D. These help me relax and probably also my body (muscles).
Yesss, bubbly & bath bombs = best combo to de-stress.
Exercise helps me too (the endorphins!) and even a good night’s sleep (which is a rarity for me these days – uni work is piling up T.T)

Yep! Issa is amazing in a word! Issa I see your posts, I see you building happiness into the structure of your life as if you were building a wonderful house as far as I can see! <3 It took me so long to be able to do that! But I like to think I share that with you now. <3 <3 <3 Okay, lemons!!!
Thank you for the kind words, lovely! Trying hard not to cry over here! Lol! <3
But seriously @Alesha, you’re such a wonderful person. You bring so much compassion and honesty to this forum and I just wanna say that I really appreciate it. It’s not easy baring your soul to so many people and the fact that you continue to do it in the hopes of helping others is something I admire about you.

LOVE YOU & NEVER CHANGE.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@IsseVibe I decided to never hold sincere good thoughts or love back. I think I was worried people wouldn't tolerate it. I find that they accept it along with accepting me. Its been interesting to see my family opening up to it too! *All smiles here* =) I might need a smile massage bwahaha! I had to be silly and tie it back to the thread title. lol

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
@nicoloco90 In the descriptions of ENFPs on The Personality Page they actually include the physical tension as part of their description of us! I always found it surprising that they knew! And the more my Ne is detecting about social things the more I need a massage according to them.. I don't get massages-- of course that would be awesome, though--- but that's the solution I've seen posted on that website and in a book once.
Physical activity-- yep! I'm so glad all this got brought up, because I've been meaning to post how important swimming and hiking outdoors is for me, and I wondered how that was for everyone else? Like I put off getting enough physical activity when it's not my habit, but when it IS my habit I think my confidence goes up, I don't sweat the small stuff so much, and physically I FEEL great. Also super important for me to be out in nature--- I crave it and it does good things. The other physical stuff you mention/don't mention-- I crave it and it does good things! @IssaVibe-- Yep! Issa is amazing in a word! Issa I see your posts, I see you building happiness into the structure of your life as if you were building a wonderful house as far as I can see! <3 It took me so long to be able to do that! But I like to think I share that with you now. <3 <3 <3 Okay, lemons!!!
Wow really!? :0 Thanks Alesha, I will definitely investigate this! And yes, sports ... as a kid I did a lot of it, but as I grew older I was either too tired or too easily bored exercising :p gym = boring, running = boring. The trick to me doing new things is changing my environment. When I lived in France for a while, I loved to run along the beach there! And I still want that 6pack back one day :cool: pff whaha!

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I’ve noticed that I tend to clench my fists or bite down on my teeth when I’m stressed - I don’t even realise I’m doing it until someone points it out to me! I definitely know it’s related to anxiety but I find it interesting that my body reacts to it in such a way.
Oh yes, this totally. I notice I pinch a hand or finger with another fingernail, I think it I do this subconsciously to distract signals in my brain maybe? Each time I catch myself doing it I think it is rather weird! I did it too yesterday when getting a haircut haha, these situations are uncomfortable even when I try not to care about it.

issavibe said:
Yesss, bubbly & bath bombs = best combo to de-stress.
Exercise helps me too (the endorphins!) and even a good night’s sleep (which is a rarity for me these days – uni work is piling up T.T)
Have I finally met a fellow bathing enthusiast? Never thought i'd see the day really. I guess when it comes to exercise I need someone else to do it with for the sake of not letting them down and have motivation to go do it.

As a student I did not sleep a lot, now with work, I find myself going to bed at 9pm or 10pm even (before it has always been 1pm / 2pm). I'm more awake in the mornings obviously, but your bio-clock just shifts. Getting up at 6:30am on the weekends is a bit pointless too :D

issavibe said:
Thank you for the kind words, lovely! Trying hard not to cry over here! Lol! <3
But seriously @Alesha, you’re such a wonderful person. You bring so much compassion and honesty to this forum and I just wanna say that I really appreciate it. It’s not easy baring your soul to so many people and the fact that you continue to do it in the hopes of helping others is something I admire about you.

LOVE YOU & NEVER CHANGE.
Although this part isn't directed at me, it is my favourite part :3 xD - dem feels!! YES, POOR IT !

Ugh I should've gotten myself an ENFP label a few years ago. Things are starting to make more SENSE now.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I woke up at 5:30 (pee) and couldn't get back to sleep.
So, probably I need to rest later today.
I already did cleaning and laundry this week, so I'm good for the weekend.

Water-check! I'm good in keeping my daily intake!

I need to wash my hair and shave when I'm back home (@work now), boyfriend coming over later :shy:

And I know I need a healthier meal today, yesterday I had pizza for lunch, beers and snacks for dinner... Ops

But I went to the gym in the morning, yoga, Pilates and spinning class, so
1 x1 heh heh

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I actually have a question for ENFP's passing by this thread.

I've come to realise that subconsciously my body is quite tense and holds onto stress. I've asked an ENFP friend of mine about this if this happens with her as well, seeing as she has some struggles with bodily aches and all (such as digestive system easily being affected).
Additionally, even though I come across as laid-back and calm in my demeanour, people that were closer to me physically actually mentioned that my body shakes a little or that I am ''tense'' or ''intense''. Never do I notice this myself...

At the same time I cannot ignore the facts that I absolutely love taking baths and also like my drinks (alcohol) and something else that I probably shouldn't need to go into detail much further :D. These help me relax and probably also my body (muscles). I never thought about it in that way, but it seems to all fall into place. It's probably healthy for me to look for ways to release stress from the body (as I don't feel mentally stressed so much or not as easily). It's not good when mental stress just gets converted into physical stress in my body, without me noticing it.

I easily ignore or forget my bodily needs, so it makes sense that I also don't notice that my body is stressed. I've been having a lot of aches and difficulties messing up my daily routines or general quality of life (sounds very dramatic this way, not sure how to put it in another way lol).

Yup.
I seem relaxed and happy but I have been described by an INTJ ex lover as a tense cat ready to jump and scratch him

·
Registered
INFP so/sx
562 Posts
Oh yes, this totally. I notice I pinch a hand or finger with another fingernail, I think it I do this subconsciously to distract signals in my brain maybe? Each time I catch myself doing it I think it is rather weird! I did it too yesterday when getting a haircut haha, these situations are uncomfortable even when I try not to care about it.
It’s weirdly comforting, isn’t it? Back when I was a kid, I would bite my nails and drum my fingers against my thigh and that used to calm my nerves too. I don’t do it anymore but damn, I was so fidgety!

As a student I did not sleep a lot, now with work, I find myself going to bed at 9pm or 10pm even (before it has always been 1pm / 2pm). I'm more awake in the mornings obviously, but your bio-clock just shifts. Getting up at 6:30am on the weekends is a bit pointless too :D
My friend recommended that I treat my Uni days as a 9 to 5 and that’s been helping me. Took me a while to get into it though because I’m nocturnal asf but it’s all about discipline!

Although this part isn't directed at me, it is my favourite part :3 xD - dem feels!! YES, POOR IT !

Ugh I should've gotten myself an ENFP label a few years ago. Things are starting to make more SENSE now.
Happy for you, man! :brocoli:

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I vote for realz picture of you! It can't be that bad :D ... right? no? yes? please? I got my hair cut today as well... I should join in on the efforts.
Why don't you show us your new cut then, huh?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts