Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Each question is intended to be a bit of a moral conflict. There are only -two- options in any choice. There are no loopholes, "yes in this situation, no in that" or any bs. If you wish, you can give a explanation on why you predominantly side with a certain choice, but it's not necessary. However, you will have to take a primary stance rather than dance around the topic.

We are all reasonably smart people, remember that either decision can be argued from any angle, so keep debates to a minimum (or start a new thread) as it prevents future posts.

Regardless of your responses, I appreciate and respect everyone that shares their thoughts. I'm guessing we'll have quite a few people that will avoid the thought until the question is actually presented to them in real life -- they'll probably get hit the hardest.

Questions Response template further below.

1. You enter a burning building, sustaining some injuries in the process. You come across a 6 year old boy and girl, they are twins. Both of them are crying profusely and begging for you to help them. You will only be able to save one and the other will die. Which child will you save?

----------------------
2. You and your partner have been madly in love for a number of years now (dating). Both of you are forever intertwined and have shared thoughts and feelings with one another that you have never shared with anyone else. Together, have openly touched on the idea of marriage and are excited about formally devoting your lives to one another. As the days draw nearer to fully taking the plunge, it turns out that your partner is your half brother/sister (you share the same father, but not mother). Options: Continue Relationship to Marriage OR End Romantic Relationship

3. At this time, do you think a female president / prime minister is better or worse than a male equivalent?

4. As you stroll down the street humming your favorite Backstreet Boys song, an attractive male/female (preference) asks if you can spare some money for a bus ticket. At the same time, a sickly looking homeless person asks if you can spare some change -- you have no idea what they'll do with it. You only have enough change to give to one person. Who are you more incline to give money to?

5. You are in a career where you have to swear confidentiality as people share a lot of personal stories with you. The stresses of the job are slowly aggravating you and you are somewhat bothered about not being open with your partner, whom you swore never to keep secrets from. Your spouse, with your wedding ring shining on their finger, inquires if there is anything they can do to help. You know deep down they are curious about your career, but they'd never pry as they are aware of your commitments. Do you believe it is alright to breach confidentiality and speak to your spouse about it?

--------------------

6. Congratulations! You or your spouse is pregnant! While the thought of bringing a child into this world is certainly a scary thought, you have done your homework and have so much to look forward to. Challenges? They'll be there, but you and your partner will get through anything... right? In the early weeks of pregnancy the doctor informs you that your child will suffer from limited motor function. Additionally, its intellectual capacity will peak at roughly 7 years old. The doctor gives you the option of having an abortion. None of your friends or family know of the pregnancy and you can keep the abortion a secret if you wish. Are you more incline to have an abortion or keep the child?

7. Based on a popular Japanese anime called "Death Note," you come into possession of a book that will allow you to end the lives of people simply by writing their names down in it. While you consider yourself a generally good and reasonable person, I'm sure you can think of specific names or types of people, whose lives have only caused harm to others. There are no consequences to yourself, outside of moral ones. Will you write down -anyones- name in the book (now or future)? Or will you destroy it as you were never meant to have that ability?

8. You have always been a bit of a romantic and have been a constant journey to finding your true love. So many thoughts pour into your head whenever you imagine the possibilities, they are always able to put you at ease, they can read your mind like no other, they will love you to the ends of the Earth. Not only will they bring happiness, but also fulfillment. You come across an enchanting guy/girl, their words are like a melody as it resonates within your ear. Both of you have talked for hours and are mutually fascinated with one another. It's too early to say you are meant to be, but you believe there is a lot of promise. As you continue to talk, they confess to having an abundance of sexual partners before in the past. The number baffles you as it is almost double their age. As they finish speaking they smile at you inquisitively, but place their hand on your inner thigh. What their intent by this touch is up for debate. Will your conscience get the best of you and turn you off from this person? Or will you accept the past and see what happens?

Fin~

Copy and paste the following into your response to simplify reading.

HTML:
[b]1. 6 year old boy and girl in burning build, which child do you save?[/b]

[b]2. Your romantic partner ends up being your half brother/sister. Options: Continue Relationship to Marriage OR End Romantic Relationship[/b]

[b]3. At this time, do you think a female president / prime minister is better or worse for your country than a male equivalent?[/b]

[b]4. Spare change, give it to the attractive male/female OR the homeless person?[/b]

[b]5. Sworn career confidentiality and internal stress vs spousal vows and their desire to help. Do you believe it is alright to breach confidentiality and speak to your spouse about it?[/b]

[b]6. Early pregnancy and future disability of the child.  Are you more incline to have an abortion or keep the child?[/b]

[b]7. Playing Grim Reaper with a book that allows you to end lives. Will you write down -anyones- name in the book (now or future)? Or will you destroy it as you were never meant to have that ability?[/b]

[b]8. Potential soulmate, but troubling number of sexual partners. Idealism vs the heart. Will your conscience get the best of you and turn you off from this person? Or will you accept the past and see what happens?[/b]
As always, avoid reading other posts until after you have completed your own, if you intend to participate.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Typical hide post #2 post!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
1. 6 year old boy and girl in burning build, which child do you save?
The boy. God, that's a terrible position to be in..

2. Your romantic partner ends up being your half brother/sister. Options: Continue Relationship to Marriage OR End Romantic Relationship
End it.

3. At this time, do you think a female president / prime minister is better or worse for your country than a male equivalent?
Oh geez. No "same" option..I'm gonna go with males being a better president. *cowers in fear from feminist retaliation*

4. Spare change, give it to the attractive male/female OR the homeless person?
Ideally, I'd rather give it to a homeless person, but in actuality, I'd give it to the guy who needed bus money. At least I know he's in a rush to get somewhere, and the homeless dude probably'll be around later for another opportunity.

5. Sworn career confidentiality and internal stress vs spousal vows and their desire to help. Do you believe it is alright to breach confidentiality and speak to your spouse about it?
Yep. As long as names aren't named. Hey, if I need help coping, I need someone to be able to help me and comfort me..

6. Early pregnancy and future disability of the child. Are you more incline to have an abortion or keep the child?
I'd choose to keep it :(

7. Playing Grim Reaper with a book that allows you to end lives. Will you write down -anyones- name in the book (now or future)? Or will you destroy it as you were never meant to have that ability?
No. I'd destroy it. I couldn't handle doing something like that to anyone

8. Potential soulmate, but troubling number of sexual partners. Idealism vs the heart. Will your conscience get the best of you and turn you off from this person? Or will you accept the past and see what happens?
I'd be turned off. I wouldn't trust that he was real

·
Registered
759 Posts
1. 6 year old boy and girl in burning build, which child do you save? - Whichever one seems lighter and easier to carry. The sex of the child doesn't matter to me much. It is all about which I'd have a better chance of saving.

2. Your romantic partner ends up being your half brother/sister. Options: Continue Relationship to Marriage OR End Romantic Relationship - I'd end it. At that point I don't think this revelation would upset me so much as I feel like I'd be doing any future children a disservice genetically, which ties into answer #6. If I wasn't intending on having kids I might keep going with it though.

3. At this time, do you think a female president / prime minister is better or worse for your country than a male equivalent? - Neither, I'm quite confident in any female's ability to fuck things up just as bad as the men. I know that will be considered a cop out so I'll just pick worse for the hell of it, but had Hillary beaten Obama in the primaries I would have voted for her too.

4. Spare change, give it to the attractive male/female OR the homeless person? - I'd give it to the attractive female. The sickly person is homeless and is asking everyone for any money he can get all day long; he'll get some money even if it isn't from me. The knowledge that other people will most likely come along and keep giving money to the homeless person would allow me to give it to the person who had a clear intent for the money.

And hopefully my rendition of "Quit Playin Games With My Heart" will either impress or be funny enough to the hot chick to at least let me get a number. Homeless person probably doesn't even have a number :tongue:

5. Sworn career confidentiality and internal stress vs spousal vows and their desire to help. Do you believe it is alright to breach confidentiality and speak to your spouse about it? - I'd keep the secret. Internal stress isn't a good enough reason to break my word, and if this was something where I literally put my signature down swearing to keep secrets then I would just be doing my wife a disservice by telling her things. There are definitely situations where I would tell my spouse something if they needed to know it despite me breaking another promise I made, but this isn't one of them.

6. Early pregnancy and future disability of the child. Are you more incline to have an abortion or keep the child? - Abortion. I've gone through multiple miscarriages with my ex as it is (blessing in disguise I guess) and I don't have problems with abortion. I'd just keep trying again or adopt if every one of them was disabled. I don't care how cruel that sounds, I see it as doing a favor to everyone involved.

7. Playing Grim Reaper with a book that allows you to end lives. Will you write down -anyones- name in the book (now or future)? Or will you destroy it as you were never meant to have that ability? - You won't even have time to blink before I get on a computer and start looking up names of child molesters with a pen in my hand.

8. Potential soulmate, but troubling number of sexual partners. Idealism vs the heart. Will your conscience get the best of you and turn you off from this person? Or will you accept the past and see what happens? - I'm totally cool with being open and going crazy liberal with sexuality, so the number of partners wouldn't concern me much. STDs are a big deal to me though, but if I knew the person was clean I'd go for it and see how crazy she is.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

Um, girl, I don't really see how is this is a major dilemma, if you can only save one person and the only difference between the two are their gender; one isn't better than the other. It would be an extreme dilemma in having to choose one to live, whether they were both girls, boys, or opposite sex. I'd really just choose randomly…….I’d like to think anyways.

2. Your romantic partner ends up being your half brother/sister. Options: Continue Relationship to Marriage OR End Romantic Relationship

End it!

3. At this time, do you think a female president / prime minister is better or worse for your country than a male equivalent?

Generaly speaking I think a woman; through socialization in western society they are generaly less likely to be agressive.

Homeless person, he or she is obviously more needy.

5. Sworn career confidentiality and internal stress vs spousal vows and their desire to help. Do you believe it is alright to breach confidentiality and speak to your spouse about it?

I don`t think it is all right to breach confidentiality, those people have told their stories to me out of trust that their words would be kept confidential.

6. Early pregnancy and future disability of the child. Are you more incline to have an abortion or keep the child?

If it were only up to me, than I would abort it.

7. Playing Grim Reaper with a book that allows you to end lives. Will you write down -anyones- name in the book (now or future)? Or will you destroy it as you were never meant to have that ability?

I like to think I would destroy the book.

8. Potential soulmate, but troubling number of sexual partners. Idealism vs the heart. Will your conscience get the best of you and turn you off from this person? Or will you accept the past and see what happens?

I don`t see a problem with having a partner who has had an extremely large number of sexual partners before me.

Reactions: Aero and Lad

·
Registered
313 Posts
The girl probably.
I don't know why.

I would certainly end it..

I like Obama.
but I don't think it would matter if a woman were president.
anybody can turn out to be a stupid asshole.
I doubt it would ever make a difference.

The homeless person..definitely

I don't believe it's right, but knowing the way I am, I'd probably talk to them about it..

I feel like a jerk, but I'd probably get an abortion.

This is the hardest one for me..
I'd probably keep the book..
but I don't know if I'd write names in it.

I'd probably get turned off by the last part where they put their hand on my inner thigh..
that's a bit forward.
geez.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The girl. More options in life.

Easiest question. Continue of course.

Better. I like when sexist or similar debates take a turn, it brings out the worst of the minorities sometimes.

I don't know really, there aren't many homeless people around here so I guess I never had to think about anything like that. If I were to give spare change to someone right now they'd probably take it as an insult.

Would depend on the nature of my career. Few are the things I keep from my love. Unless it was a life and death matter I would want to share it.

I guess I'll edit my answer once we've taken that debate. :3 There are a great number of disabilities I wouldn't give away a child to avoid, plus my hopefully future spouse and I have issues ourselves.

I would keep it for the future. I don't foresee it having any use, but I never throw away something that could be of use. And given the lovely human nature, better safe than sorry.

I don't like to say it, but I do prefer if people have scars of some sort. I don't think that could ever push me away.

Reactions: Lad and Teigue

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the responses thus far, I really enjoyed reading them.

Girl, societal pressure has brainwashed me into thinking of women as the helpless victims that need to be saved.

Continue relationship, although we will likely never have biological children then (thus, adoption).

Better, many women in business or politics are often conditioned to take certain favorable male traits. In the same breath, they still maintain their own unique identity and will hopefully add additional foresight to a country or community that a male may have neglected over their years of service.

Homeless person, I see attractive people all the time and they have an easier time scrooging money from someone else. If the homeless person is seriouslyyyyy drugged up out then I'd give it to the attractive person, but for the most part, I still stick with the homey.

Spouse would imply soulmate to me. I have no qualms breaking confidentiality, it may even aid in giving me additional insight to handling myself better and thus being able to give better levels of care to others.

I cheated when I wrote this question, in -early- pregnancy I think it would be much easier to have an abortion than it would be in late pregnancy. So early, would be yes to abortion, late would likely be no.

I'd use it for sure, I might enjoy it too much even. I'd probably ask JerseyDevil if he has a few names to recommend as well :D.

Admittedly, I would end it. My idealism is far too strong and I would self sabotage the relationship if I tried to continue moving forward. I consider people "mine" when we're dating and if I was on top of a girl intimately, I'd have flashes of how many people witnessed this same moment on top of her. It would bother me if the # was high.

^ In similar ways, this has scared me from a number of girls in the past. So far, I only regret not pursuing one and it's hell to think about it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I don't have a clue. Their sex is insignificant to me, so whoever is easiest to grab?

Continue with the marriage, may avoid children, but ignore the haters.

Not particularly... I only lean better because it may switch up the politics a little bit and open discussion about sex we STILL haven't really worked out.

The homeless person. If he/she is attractive, they should be able to find some money from somebody else. I am a bit torn, however... I know how people feel about "capable" poor people.

I'll say no, but I bet I would tell anyway. I can't keep my mouth shut sometimes.

This is that question nobody wants to answer, but I'll be honest--I would. I think I would be absolutely overwhelmed by that responsibility and would give him/her up for adoption, but I don't trust the adoption system as it is. It's a lose-lose.

I would destroy it. My morals are fairly flexible, but I have sworn on my life, if I have the power to avoid killing, I will.

I'd accept the past and watch my relationship for any bad signs.

Reactions: Aish and Lad

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Whoever was closest and in the easier position for me to pick up/carry/drag. I'd probably be the idiot that would get all three of us killed by trying to save both though. Not very smart, but I don't think I'd stop to think about it before picking them both up.

Damn you and this question. *glares* I'd be too upset to continue it. I know I'd never be able to "get over" the loss and we'd both be miserable for that choice. *heavy sigh* *tries to further justify choice and gives up* This question sucks.

Honestly, I don't know that it really would make that much of a difference. I think I'd choose female just because it'd be a nice change of pace I guess.

Boooooooo. If the homeless person were one of my patients I'd most likely give it to them, if they weren't I'd probably give it to the attractive person. Not so much because they are attractive but because I know that there are programs that are actually very good at getting people into housing/treatment, whether medical, psyciatric, therapy, vocational or whatever it is that each homeless individual needs and I would rather support the programs than give a few coins to individuals.

*sigh* I have sworn that I would not break confidentiality and I have stood by that many times now with friends and family, even if I know that it would never matter to them who John Smith was. However, that doesn't prevent me from talking about specific events that happened without giving any identifiable information. The hardest part would be if I happen to know that my spouse would already know that individual due to their work (in my case that would be someone who works in probation, emergency services, fire/police dept etc.), in which case I wouldn't speak of even the events because that /could/ be identifiable information. *sigh* Part of it would be out of respect for the privacy of the individual and part of it would be to protect my license/job. It could be a strain on the relationship at times, but I am hoping that whomever I marry will also be able to understand how important it is to me to maintain that confidence and maybe even make them realize that my attitude extends to all areas of my life. If you tell me something in confidence, it will not be spoken of. Well, barring it being something I am required to report. Sometimes I dislike the obligations and requirements of my job. :frustrating:

I would keep the child. I have worked through the grieving for one child, I'm not going to do that again. Well, it would be dependent upon my husband as well, but I think we would probably keep the child.

Missed this question - whoops. I'd destroy it or give it to someone I know would be able to use it wisely, though I'm not so sure that's possible. It has a Lord of the Rings One Ring sort of feel to it in that complete power consumes the person completely.

I would need to know that they do not have any STDs, but if they come out as negative, then I like to think that I would be able to look past that for my soulmate. There are probably things about my past that they would have to look past, it would only be fair for me to extend the same courtesy. I tend not to judge based on such things anyway. The biggest issue I would have would be fear of being compared to past partners and that could really get my self-esteem/confidence down and make both of us unhappy.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Damn you lad. These are tough.

I would save the girl. We have enough dudes running around, and a lot of them I don't like anyways.

I almost went for the boy because of the evolutionary standpoint...you know...the boy could run around and mate with all the ladies (Egyptian mythology anyone?). But then I realized...its just 1 boy and in modern day won't be missed in species survival way (would obviously be missed by parents)

End. I wouldn't stop feeling for them; but I would feel...not right about making love to and loving (in that way) my ½ sis.

This is one where I have trouble taking a side. I don't think its a big deal either way personally.

BUT since I have to choose here, I'm going to say male is better. And before I get my head ripped off – I'm basing this on what our society as a whole needs/wants.

Womens' social expectations – yes even in modern USA society - are to be soft, quiet, shy, followers, nurtures, etc. Anything but the qualities of a strong leader. Men on the other hand are expected to be providers, strong, loud, social, powerful. The qualities that a leader wants.

We want a leader who can be decisive and bold. Even if he's wrong in his/her decisions.

Homeless person. That attractive girl gets enough [free stuff] out of her body anyways :p

I know I would eventually breach the vows if this is my life partner (I will 100% trust life spouse). I need someone to talk to about my stresses, even if I have to make a breach in my values and honor. High stresses will just wear me out.

The only time I support abortion is if the health of the mother is at major risk. So even if the baby has possible disabilities, it is still a human and has a right to live.

Destroy.

While there are people I highly dislike...I can never nor ever want to yield such power. Nor do I feel right to end someone's life. Even if they're pure evil. Its not a right that I have.

Troubling number is not a deal breaker. Alarming number of sexual partners is more questionable (playing with words heh). As long as she's clean (no std's) I don't care if she's had a lot of sexual partners. She's my soul partner. Looking on the bright side: she'll now what pleases her, how to please me. And I'll feel good about myself seeing as how she has settled with me.

Number of sexual partners is something I've never asked a girl anyways.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
1. The little girl, because she'll look cuter on TV. But, logically, I would allow them both to die so that things were fair and one of them wouldn't have to live with the knowledge that if they weren't alive, their sibling would be living.
2. This question is odd, even if you are heterosexual, because isn't incestuous marriage illegal in most places? Therefore, you wouldn't actually have that option. If you're not heterosexual, than maybe you wouldn't have a chance to marry that partner, anyway. You also don't have to worry about reproductive implications of incest, probably. Depending on your culture, the incest stuff might be less taboo than your status as a homosexual couple. (Like, for instance, in Alabama, that might well be true.) Frankly, I wouldn't care. I have some hot cousins, for example, one who is related to me by blood, and I would totally make her my lady if she were down. Whatevs.
3. It depends on the damn female. I wouldn't vote for or against someone based solely on gender. That's just stupid. Their position on the issues has to line up right and their overall character, judgment, etc. also have to work. Now I have to be confident that they will choose their battles wisely and stand for a cause. That's what our current dude is missing - boldness.
4. Homeless person. Attractive person can't handle it, they're not worth the spare change. They should go, "Oh, you're so damn generous." Yes, I am.
5. I would probably deal with my own problems on my own, unless it was just too much, and I needed the spousal support. I respect people who are independent and I try to be independent, but I'm not ashamed to lean on somebody when I really need to.
6. Okay, an incubus raped me in my sleep and now I'm pregnant. I would not have a disabled baby. Life sucks hard enough without that shit. Plus, it's a rape baby, and I hate being one of those myself, I'm not going to put that on my kid, so ABORT. Better no life at all than one in misery.
7. Hell's yeah, I will. I'll write down lots of people's names. The world is overpopulated, and very corrupt and sick. I could help fix it. Fuck yeah, I'd take that chance. And no, I would not be corrupted like the stupid Death Note character; I don't get power drunk like that, and I never stray from my basic values. I'd like to, but I'm just too stubborn to ever turn evil.
8. If I know (and trust) that their partners were female, than maybe it doesn't matter, but otherwise, they have to go get checked out at the clinic and show me their results. I'm sorry, that's how it's gotta be. I'm in Birmingham, Alabama. We have so many STDs going around here, such a high infection rate. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: Lad

·
Registered
6,993 Posts

The one who seems the easiest position for me to save.

If my culture permits me, I would marry him. I highly doubt I'd be permitted though o_O

Wait, I just saw the ''your country'' part.

Haha, I don't want to talk about my country online :p

Homeless person.

If the pressure drives me to an almost destructive meltdown, talk to spouse but make him swear not to tell a soul. If the pressure is just overwhelming and only a little too much, I'd keep career confidentiality.

Keep the child.

Destroy it, I do not associate with potential black magic stuff like that.

It depends on what my intuition says.

·
Registered
733 Posts

Girl. Like it or not, men and boys are disposable in our society. Girls, needing more protection and security, are protected first not just because they are more fragile, but also because they are the ones that create life, and therefore are more valuable. One boy can have 100 children, one girl cannot. Being a poor woman would get you onto a lifeboat easier on the Titanic than being a rich man. Although this kind of chivalry is going by the wayside, I think it is worth continuing.

Continue relationship but move away and don't tell anyone about it. Plus, things could potentially get really hot Joe Dirt style, "Oh yeah, I'm your sister, I'm your sister!"

Worse. Military generals will not respect a woman the same way, most power positions are held by men, and a woman would simply have more trouble getting things done. I also disagree with the notion that women are inherently smarter or more rational or that women politicians would be peace loving Godesses.

Attractive person every time. I want their attention more than the hobo's, and they are less likely to get drunk with it. Not saying it's right, it just is.

Every social worker tells their husbands about the crazy people they see every week, how else can you vent? It isn't alright but that doesn't mean I would have a hard time doing it. All you have to do is get your partner to sign a confidentiality contract (-:

Keep it. For all I know the next one will be even worse. I am not so delusional as to think that I am smarter than God and can measure life by IQ and motor skills. I am totally opposed to choosing certain embryos over others, child making should be natural and mysterious, otherwise it's just more dehumanizing window shopping. Plus, notice the next time you meet parents who have difficult kids. You'll notice they don't care much about fashion or other meaningless crap, they have to learn to find something more valuable than empty superficiality, otherwise they won't make it and neither will their kid.

Have to destroy it. At first you might think you can help the world, but once you start you just can't stop. Plus it's immoral to decide who's not worthy of life, you can't be God. Of course, I wouldn't mind giving it to Lad and letting him take all the karma as long as he promises not to kill Bono, he needs to suffer out the rest of his life (-:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-percentage-funds-charity.html#ixzz10TNqfRuo

You don't have to be an idealist to dislike sexual deviancy, and I don't think sleeping with people you don't love is indicative of health and morals. I might consider it if I am truly convinced that she has changed, but then again I am not so naive to think that serious addictions are easily let go of. If I did think she was trustworthy I would make her get tested before sleeping with her, to protect myself and have her commit herself in a way that says that one night stands are not praiseworthy. But just because I am strict about this stuff doesn't mean I think I am less of a sinner than they are. It's like if they were addicted to meth, it's just not conducive to a good marriage.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
the girl. she has a chance to bring if to the world
Contiue. i'd be emotionally destroyed but like it honestly wouldn't matter
Better, in i think it would be a good change
homeless person, they need it more
yes of course.you have to be able to tell someone anything
Keep it, i'd never make a decsion to end a life
destroy it. i'd go crazy with power...
accept the past.everyone has the ability to change

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
without having read any of the responses...

whichever one is closer to me. or maybe flip a coin. no picking favourites :tongue:

heh. end it. i have my limits.

i frankly couldnt care less - a woman can ruin a country quite as well as a man, they just havent been given the chance quite so often.

homeless person. and i dont care what the fellow spends it on - sure, would be nice if s/he used it on food or whatever, but, as i always say, it's their money now, it's none of my business how they use it.

i believe i'd keep confidentiality, but there'd certainly be the temptation... i mean, i'm a rather quiet guy, but i kind of enjoy gossip :frustrating: oh well, i'll keep shut up, i'm pretty good at that.

this is the only question that really gave me pause, and i'm still not sure. if "ask her what she wants and support her choice" isnt an option, i guess i'd keep it, though i'm not anti-abortion.

i can certainly think of a number of people who would warrant Death Noting, but i wouldnt do it. because i dont believe in magical solutions - that is to say, it's not just that i dont believe such things exist (and i dont), but i believe that if they DID exist and i were given the option to use them, i ought not to. if i want someone dead, i'd better just go kill the fellow all conventional-like. it's difficult to explain precisely why i'm inclined this way, though i suppose it's strongly attached to my political and metaphysical views... political, in the sense that i view such power as a particular danger that anyone should possess such casual, infallible ability to kill.

and it also strikes me as a bit unhuman (not to be confused with inhumane) and hypocritical - this all seems far too clean and simple, and murder shouldn't be like that. if i kill someone, even if it's for good reasons, i damned well want to be haunted by guilt and a tarnished heart there-after.

oh, accept the past. i view it as fairly regular that most folks out there would have a number of sexual partners, and think i'm the weird one for not :dry: i'm fairly open-minded, and, if anything, i'd be genuinely (non-judgmentally, at least at first) curious as to why they had so many partners.

Reactions: Aish, Aero and Lad

·
Registered
298 Posts

I do whatever it takes to save both. I would never leave one behind

End it

No diffrence, it depends on the person

homeless person

Keep it secret

Not telling

Destroy it

Get over it

·
Registered
717 Posts
Indecisive. We will all probably end up burning.

Continue relationship if romantic partner wants the same thing.

Honestly, don't care about my country.

Attractive male/female

I think it is alright if you completely disguise the situation, change all of the details, only offer a general idea, no specifics, nothing that could link to any person, share nothing crucial, and offer it up as a hypothetical. Example: "Honey, what would you do if you knew something was going to happen and you weren't allowed to stop it?"--a statement that says nothing but could possibly relieve stress if you had been talking to someone who is working to bring about the end of the world. Your honey doesn't know that someone is trying to end the world, but at the same time, you may be able to slip out your troubling thoughts by way of a hypothetical situation.

Keep the child

I wouldn't write down names, but I would probably keep it.

I don't really have an idealism, but even if I did, I would go with the heart.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would save whichever child is able to be saved. (I'm assuming that since I can only save one, there is a reason why I cannot save the other.)

Well certainly this decision would not depend entirely on me, but I would still marry him. We could adopt if we wanted kids. Yeah it's looked down upon by society, yeah it's taboo, but fuck, I only live here once. I want to be happy. Plus, we could always keep it as secret as possible, and if those who already know (the ones who told us) were taunting, I'd have no problem relocating and cutting some ties. But all of this is only true if this person and I were otherworldly together.

Fuck politics. But seriously, I really don't think the gender of a person matters, not just in politics, but in many things. Be cut out to do the job and who cares.

I come across this scenario often, and I almost never give change. I never know who's legit and who's an alcoholic/junkie/con/whatever. Sometimes I will give food. If they're truly hungry and homeless, they'll take food. As for the bus guy, dude, that happens to me all the time. Go home and get the money you forgot.

This is a tricky one, and I'm certain I'd have a severe moral conflict about it. If it was an absolute mind-fuck and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what to do on my own, and I was near a mental breakdown because of my job, I would probably let it out.

6. Early pregnancy and future disability of the child. Are you more inclined to have an abortion or keep the child?
Another question that could not be resolved only on my own. I want to say that I'd probably abort, because it just seems the best thing to do for all involved (life is hard enough as is...) but I have a strong feeling I'd be too attached to the little baby. I think this is one of those where I say one thing now, but if the time came, I'd probably do the other and keep it.

I would absolutely not write down any names.

I don't care if he's a virgin, if he's touching my thigh right away I'll be turned off. If he had tons of partners, I really don't care, as long as he's STD-free and he's not wanting to get in my pants before he knows my birthday, and when he does get in my pants, it's only mine he's getting in. I feel like I have a pretty good judge of whether or not a guy truly likes me, or just wants my super sweet sex. And if I genuinely feel he likes me, the number of past sexual partners isn't much of a big deal.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I chose not to answer questions which I felt forced an answer that would not be forced in reality; such as my spare change - I don't have to give it to anyone :tongue: . I also don't see gender as an issue for the other two questions; I need additional criteria to make a decision.

End it. I consider this an unnatural romantic/sexual relationship, indicated by the high chance of negative psychological and physiological effects on children born from it. My happiness is less important than upholding what I feel is right. It would also give me the creeps to know...

No, it is not okay. I would try & remain silent about it. It would certainly be difficult, and I admit I'd be tempted to generalize a situation so as to vent. I would look into a career change also...

Keep the child; abortion would mean destroying innocent human life.

Destroy it; I cannot know a person's heart to judge them accurately.

I would not hold a person's past against him, but I'd need to see he has changed for the better. The scenario indicates he has not, as the thigh is an intimate part of the body, and to touch a stranger there is very forward. Touching my thigh upon meeting me is not okay in itself, regardless of the past. That in itself would turn me off.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.