Personality Cafe banner

Dark VS Light Alter Egos

[INFP] 
903 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Somniorum 
#1 ·
Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Ever since I can remember... they've both been there. But the dark isn't necessarily evil, and the light isn't necessarily good. When I was in middle school I was bullied and alone. I only had my "dark" imaginary friend who I later identified as someone I had within myself. I preserved my strengths in the form a masculine person, so I could stay strong.
I could make this very long and share everything, but I have a feeling you all will know what I'm talking about and relate in some way.

#4 ·
Very wise, I'm impressed! From what I've read on here, not too many people can seem to grasp the concept you described. Lots of people, in general, associate light with good and dark with bad, but I guess Star Wars does that to you :p (offence intended).

Rather than ramble about my own experiences though
I could make this very long and share everything, but I have a feeling you all will know what I'm talking about and relate in some way.
Let's hear at least some of what you've got, color me curious.

#5 ·
i've always found comfort in darkness and generally need a "darkness fix" every bit... well, "need" may be a strong word, but i really really *want* it. light and shiny can be pretty neato keen too, but it doesnt compare to how pleasant the dark feels, in my view.

of course, i'm mostly talking about aesthetics there, but i've also never really got the way people treat the duality of light/darkness as meaning "good/evil"... it's gotten to the point of the ridiculous, where all sorts of things which *obviously* ought to belong more to the dark category are appropriated for the light side (look at introversion, for instance - obviously a "dark" aspect, if you're going by the whole idea of symbolic duality, but how many light-focused introverts will just appropriate it for the light? a hell of a lot, i assure you).

i've hardly understood why people so commonly associate light with goodness (aside from all the genuine sun worshipping that's become embedded throughout the planet, with many modern religions carrying over some of the previous sun-worship jazz but thinly veiled and oft-unrealised), when some of the most outrageous, despicable evils are done with barely any pretense or attempt to hide them, right out in the open under the sun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.