Personality Cafe banner
81 - 100 of 153 Posts

·
Retired Administrator
17,701 Posts
Since covering women and letting women be uncovered hasn't solved the world's problems, perhaps we need to consider covering men.

I can't fathom any respectable lady letting their husband outside without a blindfold on.
What if he saw a boob.
Only cheap men go out without covering their eyes.

They say that eyes are the windows to the soul and ancient Latin texts say that love starts with the eyes, so then what if a woman sees a man's uncovered eyes and falls in love with him, entrancing him with her seductive feminine charms as women are wont to do? This is completely scandalous, intolerable, unacceptable, unthinkable etc.

Look at this cad--his wife must be so ashamed...just flashing everyone. What if he sees the outline of a breast through clothing? OMG the scandal!

What is this world coming to. Men gone wild.

I deeply regret having to show you this picture, but it just shows how serious this problem is.

(also I am kidding, which is hopefully obvious. my point is that at some point people need to assign responsibility to where it belongs rather than to breasts or whatever. I wrote this after researching "breast ironing" which is so disturbing, but also makes sense as an extension of this idea that one's body somehow has any responsibility for the behavior of others, which it doesn't.)

·
Registered
ENFJ - MM BP/C(S), 825
168 Posts
Yet, something as trivial as how one "presents" themselves is a frequent and enduring focus for control.

It is often taboo to show sympathy or respect (as opposed to pity, opposition, fear or disgust) for the plight of a disempowered person. All the considerations I'm hearing so far, whether in favor or against, appear to be bound by this taboo.
Yup, it's such a well known power dynamic you see it in dehumanization tactics in all sorts of history.

In cults they call it having 'no image'. By forcing you into dull clothes that represent the group, you're less likely to feel empowered as an individual.

·
Registered
Nemophilist
2,508 Posts
Yup, it's such a well known power dynamic you see it in dehumanization tactics in all sorts of history.

In cults they call it having 'no image'. By forcing you into dull clothes that represent the group, you're less likely to feel empowered as an individual.
I suppose the question I’m interested in is how the topless lass (as an individual) might be responding to a power dynamic via her toplessness.

And then, how a man (or other) whom is involved with her is responding to a power dynamic, as well.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I am kidding, which is hopefully obvious.
Sorry, not obvious. I'm not sure how to understand your whole post, paragraph in parentheses included, I'm not sure what your stance is in this post.

There would be things to say, and to rebut, about it. But since I have no idea about what you're joking or to what degree…

The only thing I'm gonna say is that the responsibility is shared. Regardless of if one agrees with how things are being perceived and interpreted or not, if one knows that it will perceived one way, one can't just decide to ignore how it will be perceived, then be surprised, or complain that it is being perceived that way. One, has to take responsibility for their own decision.
In such a scenario, "one" is "any woman".

It's not fair, but life isn't fair ; moreover it's not fair that men are wired like they are wired. And, just like it's not fair that women are sexualized, it's not fair that men are financialized.

·
Retired Administrator
17,701 Posts
Sorry, not obvious. I'm not sure how to understand your whole post, paragraph in parentheses included, I'm not sure what your stance is in this post.

There would be things to say, and to rebut, about it. But since I have no idea about what you're joking or to what degree…

The only thing I'm gonna say is that the responsibility is shared. Regardless of if one agrees with how things are being perceived and interpreted or not, if one knows that it will perceived one way, one can't just decide to ignore how it will be perceived, then be surprised, or complain that it is being perceived that way. One, has to take responsibility for their own decision.
In such a scenario, "one" is "any woman".

It's not fair, but life isn't fair ; moreover it's not fair that men are wired like they are wired. And, just like it's not fair that women are sexualized, it's not fair that men are financialized.
edit: I will say this in a plainer (ok--less angry) way:

1. Men aren't "wired" to be incapable of taking responsibility for their actions or acting in an ethical manner.

Many men are ethical and responsible people. Just because a few men and women have trouble with behaving in a responsible way doesn't mean that it is how men or women are wired.

2. People choose their behavior and actions--one's physical form does not share responsibility for another's actions.

3. It would be unethical to prohibit men from carrying wallets just because some women are attracted to wealth. I don't see why we would blame men for the right to own money, or for having a wallet in town anymore than we would blame women for their physical form and dress.

Other people acting unethically is their responsibility...not the wallet or the physical form.

4. I'm not even arguing against nudity laws. I'm just saying that I think it's dangerous if we don't assign responsibility where it belongs--to the individual who is committing the unethical act...not the physical form or wallet.

I feel that when we take these scapegoating to extremes, gross human rights violations tend to occur, which I do not think should happen to men or women.

·
Registered
Nemophilist
2,508 Posts
@WickerDeer

A guy in line at a store randomly bragged to me about how much money he had, lamenting about how he didn’t know where to invest it.

I couldn’t handle it - exposing his wallet to me like that. I can’t help that gold-digging instinct and men need to be more mindful of how their wallets affect women.

·
Retired Administrator
17,701 Posts
@WickerDeer

A guy in line at a store randomly bragged to me about how much money he had, lamenting about how he didn’t know where to invest it.

I couldn’t handle it - exposing his wallet to me like that. I can’t help that gold-digging instinct and men need to be more mindful of how their wallets affect women.
Yes...men like that need to stop sending women mixed signals. A woman can't be blamed if she just reaches out and grabs a wad of cash in a situation like that, and runs out the door as someone calls the police. It's unfair how the laws are stacked against our female biology.

He could at least have covered up the wallet with some lace or something, like a classy man. Leave something up to the imagination!

·
Registered
Nemophilist
2,508 Posts
Yes...men like that need to stop sending women mixed signals. A woman can't be blamed if she just reaches out and grabs a wad of cash in a situation like that, and runs out the door as someone calls the police. It's unfair how the laws are stacked against our female biology.

He could at least have covered up the wallet with some lace or something, like a classy man. Leave something up to the imagination!
I don’t care if this is a false analogy, it is hilarious. 😂

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮ INFJ TinyDancer KarateKid SoccerMom GingerMagic 479 sx/sp 🇺🇸💃🏻💋
5,082 Posts
Since covering women and letting women be uncovered hasn't solved the world's problems, perhaps we need to consider covering men.

I can't fathom any respectable lady letting their husband outside without a blindfold on.
What if he saw a boob.
Only cheap men go out without covering their eyes.

They say that eyes are the windows to the soul and ancient Latin texts say that love starts with the eyes, so then what if a woman sees a man's uncovered eyes and falls in love with him, entrancing him with her seductive feminine charms as women are wont to do? This is completely scandalous, intolerable, unacceptable, unthinkable etc.

Look at this cad--his wife must be so ashamed...just flashing everyone. What if he sees the outline of a breast through clothing? OMG the scandal!

What is this world coming to. Men gone wild.

I deeply regret having to show you this picture, but it just shows how serious this problem is.

(also I am kidding, which is hopefully obvious. my point is that at some point people need to assign responsibility to where it belongs rather than to breasts or whatever. I wrote this after researching "breast ironing" which is so disturbing, but also makes sense as an extension of this idea that one's body somehow has any responsibility for the behavior of others, which it doesn't.)

Forehead Nose Cheek Lip Eyebrow

I apologize to any dudes lead into sin due to my wantonness.

·
Retired Administrator
17,701 Posts
I don’t care if this is a false analogy, it is hilarious. 😂
I just want them to come out with wallet string-bikinis so I can comment about how classy it is for a man to have a tiny little string around his wallet than one of those cheap, slutty men who might let his wallet be exposed just as it is.

(sort of a reference to @DOGSOUP comment)

It's just silly though. It isn't really analogous but its still funny to think about.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
20,610 Posts
I’m not clicking that link…

LOL...it's just a description of the meme. Whenever I link to something questionable, I shall always preface it with a warning.

·
Registered
Nemophilist
2,508 Posts
LOL...it's just a description of the meme. Whenever I link to something questionable, I shall always preface it with a warning.
Oh, do you post saucy links often? :LOL:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
1. Men aren't "wired" to be incapable of taking responsibility for their actions or acting in an ethical manner.

Many men are ethical and responsible people. Just because a few men and women have trouble with behaving in a responsible way doesn't mean that it is how men or women are wired.
Women aren't wired either to be incapable of taking responsibility for their actions. Dressing a certain way is an action, whether you like it or not. You have to take responsibility in how your present yourself, and in how people perceive you as a result of you presenting yourself a certain way. Women aren't exempt of that responsibility.

2. People choose their behavior and actions--one's physical form does not share responsibility for another's actions.
Agree with the first part, half agree with the second one. There is a responsibility in how one presents themselves. This is not a debate, this is not up for discussion.

3. It would be unethical to prohibit men from carrying wallets just because some women are attracted to wealth. I don't see why we would blame men for the right to own money, or for having a wallet in town anymore than we would blame women for their physical form and dress.

Other people acting unethically is their responsibility...not the wallet or the physical form.
However, generally, people have their wallet hidden from sight. Men who flaunt their money inevitably end up attracting gold-diggers, the same way that women who flaunt their bodies, end up attracting the least refined men. Some of them don't complain about it, others get played over and over while avoiding taking responsibility in regards to how they present themselves, shifting the blame entirely on the person who was attracted to that.

Saying people are wired like that does not excuse their actions, but for the love of all that is holy, stop saying that presenting oneself in a certain way never leads, or should never lead, to certain outcomes. That is just a childish, and spoilt way of viewing the world. The world doesn't work like that. Never has, never will.

Because we talk about how women dress here, but here, have an example of the reverse : PJ Washington (NBA player) got recently played by an IG thot (there's really no other way to describe her). They were married, the idiot went in raw, knocked the thot up, and she divorced him for $200k/mo compensation, can't remember if that's full child support or if there's some alimony included in there. And that's after she had made a video about how much of a thot she was. So, she, is an entire thot and a half, but HE, he's a first class idiot and deserves what happened to him. He is responsible for that, at least for half of it. Because he's doing it again, he's already with another IG thot. It's probably gonna get played again, and it's gonna be even more deserved, why ? Because he's fishing in the same pool. If he really didn't want to be played like that he would fish elsewhere. He wouldn't lead with money or status. Except that's convenient for him you see. Just doing his job brings women right to his doorstep, in a line, but possibly catfighting to get first in line, who knows, so why wouldn't he take advantage of that, right ?

Same here with women who dress a certain way.

4. I'm not even arguing against nudity laws. I'm just saying that I think it's dangerous if we don't assign responsibility where it belongs--to the individual who is committing the unethical act...not the physical form or wallet.
So, should the IG thot be entirely responsible for that situation with PJ Washington, and him not at all ? Or does he, at any point, have any ounce of responsibility in it ? Because that's what you're arguing here. She's being unethical, she's profiting, and she did the act of divorcing him after having a kid from him.

The answer is they are both responsible. Arguably him more than her. And to be extremely clear because I see the line coming from someone : this is not victim blaming. This is not what it is. Either way.

See, now the situation is reversed, and I'm pretty sure everyone would be extremely quick and happy to assign some, if not most, responsibility to him, possibly to excuse her behavior as "well he let her do it, she just did what she had to do to get the bag". Suddenly when the women are at that end of the stick, it's entirely men's fault, and not at all women's. I don't buy it. I can gladly accept that some men acting the way they do is unacceptable and that it shouldn't be done, but I cannot feel sorry for women who end up in those situations. And the same goes for the situation in reverse.

I feel that when we take these scapegoating to extremes, gross human rights violations tend to occur, which I do not think should happen to men or women.
I'm not arguing for any ban either, just, if you do A, expect B. If you know men are thirsty, and you dress skankily because you "feel like it", then expect men to thirst after you. That's not rocket science. If you know women are attracted by money and status, and you flaunt your money and status, then expect women to try and play you. Still not rocket science.
If you (not you personally, but maybe, I don't know you) can't accept that as men we are wired to like what we see, and also to take initiative or else we don't even get to reproduce, then that is not a men's problem. That is a you problem. You know that fact, you just choose to ignore it because you don't like it and you think you should be able to wear what you want, and then what was going to happen, finally happens, and you're somehow… surprised ? Nope, no compassion for you. The same way the vast majority of women don't care about that PJ Washington situation.

The world is unfair, life is unfair, we all just do with what we have, but we have to take responsibility for what we do. And dressing any way or another is an action that we all choose to do. That men also do, and take responsibility for it.

Reactions: ENFPathetic

·
Premium Member
MULTIDIMENSIO
1,748 Posts
try to date a topless ( not brainless) being who wants to be a girl ( issues over issues on board).

81 - 100 of 153 Posts