Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, thanks for reading! I am in dire need of enlightenment via your personal and highly valued opinions on the subject of an ENTP male & ISTP female match-up. Liiiike:

- What strengths or weaknesses could you forsee in such a relationship?
- Are they compatible at all?! (Some info said they're ok, others said heck naw; I couldn't find consistent information on who's good with whom. This is much more complicated than looking up sun signs..)
- If you are an ENTP, would you be wary/ecstatic/some-other-variant-in-between of dating an ISTP?
- Do ENTPs like being the one in control who plans the adventures or being swept up by their partner's enthusiasm for spontaneity?
- All types!: what is it like to date an ISTP woman? I like ego-stroking as much as the next ENTP, but I'm looking to better myself by identifying potential weaknesses.

In case it wasn't painfully obvious: yes, I do have a personally vested interest in your feedback. :wink:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't waste his time.
Constructive comments are always welcome, though your one-liner is duly noted and given the attention it deserves.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I can't answer your question directly, being neither male nor dating an ISTP.

But I will say that I get on very well with ISTPs, find them very relaxing to be with (they have the same approach to transparency in speech), and interesting.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I think it would work out well, I'd like to give that relationship a shot. I'm not sure about others but as long as the female ISTP used her feminine side I think it would be fun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
May I ask how you guys have gotten along?
I know two ENFPs, and one of them who leans more towards ENTP, we get along fantastically,
but the other who is definitely a stronger F, we don't get along so well.
and right now I'm trying to find an ENTP...not working out on my part so far

·
Registered
328 Posts
well, I am in a relationship with an ISTP. Hes male though. We get along just fine. It was kind of hard at first because he wanted HIS space so I would always assume he didnt care but when I got use to it and found out that I like my own space as well, things started to get better :happy:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I tried once. I think she was a Cluster B/Borderline by the way she (overre)acted. At her best we got along well. At her worst I felt like punching her in her face. So maybe not a representative experience.

In all fairness and with all else being as equal as possible, I don't think this is the most ideal pairing. ENTP males do desire a level of femininity and feeling that F females are more natural to provide.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
I've had a pretty terrible relationship with an ISTP... I don't think they're very compatible. You'd have to put a fuckload of work into it in order to deal with each other.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
My brother is most likely ISTP, and although he isn't a female, and more importantly, I'm not interested in dating him, there are a few things about our relationship that I would like to comment on.

He is a really chill guy and I really love that about him. He is just as comfortable sitting and just talking about random off the wall things as he is going out into the world and doing things. When ever I go visit, he always has things plannedish. He has a list of things he wants to do, we usually don't do all of them because we get sidetracked XD

We have a very complimentary sense of humor. We feed off of each other in a comedy sense. Whenever we are together, most people are in stitches. He is always laughing which is just fun.

He likes to forgive and forget. A real life example. I had done something to make my brother upset. I went to visit him and he was going to be really mad at me the whole time. So right when I saw him, I cracked a really funny joke, he busted out laughing and said, "You are lucky you're funny. If you didn't make me laugh right away, I would have been pissed at you the whole time."

He can usually keep up with me in conversation, and also guide it to a logical conclusion.

We have very similar views, but just different enough to make it fun.

I don't know how much comes from us growing up together (although I used to not be able to stand him), how much comes from both of us being more mature now, sharing the same DNA, being brothers, personality type, or what have you, but at this time, he is a great brother and I love the time I get to spend with him. Good luck to you :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts