Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I seriously wish they had a organized dating site on here so for all us lonely infps could find goods matches or at least get some kind of better chance i mean who better to understand a infp then another infp and wat do infps want other then to be understood and understand the other person

does anyone second this idea wat better way to match people then through a real personality site?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Through serendipity.
didnt know wat that word meant but i looked it up and yeah it would be awsome for that to happen and in the world where i spend most my time it does, but reality is harsh and it happening through serendipity is like winning the lotto it happens but not alot or at least i never win

it for it to happen through love well u dont just meet someone and say i love you..... thats like saying i love lamp i love couch // you have to actually get to know someone to find out if you love them which is why dating is good time spent with others is good (unless their a bad influence then its bad lol)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Love is a dark ocean with no shores or lighthouses, and countless shipwrecks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Love is a dark ocean with no shores or lighthouses, and countless shipwrecks.

Love love is going to lead you by the hand into a white and soundless place. Now we see things as in a mirror dimly.

I can't decide if a relationship with another infp would work very well, or if we would be too similar. Maybe a more complementary personality would be better. However infp's are so unique and wonderful, so 'too similar' may not even be a factor...

:wink:

·
Registered
583 Posts
I can't decide if a relationship with another infp would work very well, or if we would be too similar. Maybe a more complementary personality would be better. However infp's are so unique and wonderful, so 'too similar' may not even be a factor...
I've had two VERY passionate flings with INFP women, both of which I wanted very badly to become actual relationships. We connected so well and so deeply, and I loved them dearly. However, they both felt awkward in the respect that they were weak in exactly the same areas that I was. We understood each other's problems, but were unable to help. That wouldn't have stopped me from dating them in earnest if the opportunity presented itself, though.

But both women, despite thinking highly of me, decided they could be doing better, as ALL women do. It's easier to be a female INFP than a male.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've had two VERY passionate flings with INFP women, both of which I wanted very badly to become actual relationships. We connected so well and so deeply, and I loved them dearly. However, they both felt awkward in the respect that they were weak in exactly the same areas that I was. We understood each other's problems, but were unable to help. That wouldn't have stopped me from dating them in earnest if the opportunity presented itself, though.

But both women, despite thinking highly of me, decided they could be doing better, as ALL women do. It's easier to be a female INFP than a male.
thats sad man some women just dont know what they want
but they had one thing wrong its not them who can do better but u.... someone who gives up cause your both weak in the same areas isnt someone you want if you both knew your weakness and u were willing to stay together anyways it wasnt u who gave up

because in the end its not another who strengthens your weaknesses but you and only you// where you find that strength to do so is entirely up to you it just seems to me you could have shared more in knowing the difficulties in trying to strengthen your weakness

and unable isnt in my idealistic dictionary faith hard work and patience is (though i have a hard time with patience when it comes to certain areas) never give up my friend life is to short ... and though its hard sometimes i think we infps can change the world even if its one person at a time .

much love brother goodnight ;)

·
Banned
472 Posts
My lust has disappeared into itself, and I feel I may be free for a while... its sort of scary, because it has never happened like this before.
I've honestly stopped thinking about girls, beyond the occasional release. I'm just floatin, and having mad bromances. Bromances are infinitely more useful than romances. Your friends show you the way to strength, and that's time well spent.

·
Registered
583 Posts
thats sad man some women just dont know what they want
but they had one thing wrong its not them who can do better but u.... someone who gives up cause your both weak in the same areas isnt someone you want if you both knew your weakness and u were willing to stay together anyways it wasnt u who gave up
I wouldn't say that was why they gave up; just the timing and situational factors, and they both went for other guys who's types I don't know (one is likely an ISTP or ISTJ). Both tell me about how much of a wonderful guy I am and how they're certain I'll find someone who'll love me for who I am some day etc. etc.

I hate it when girls who have rejected me say something like "You're a wonderful person." It always sounds like a lie. The first thing I think is, "Not wonderful enough for you, obviously."

I've been single for the last 5 years. There have been a few dates here and there, but they almost always go nowhere or lose interest after the first. And always, I am left clinging to a false hope for a lasting connection long after, thinking that maybe the girl in question really was too busy with her new job, and maybe I should try calling her again.

I am fairly certain I'll die alone; I just wish I could be OK with that. When I pray, the prayer isn't "Please God, put in my path the good woman you intend for me", it's "Please God, kill my desire for love." Of course, this can no more change than can my type.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
No offense, but the above is most certainly a myth. Perhaps they were just in the same place as you were, looking for a brief fling, and not for a real relationship-it was never going to move from there. INFP women may start a relationship with whatever men they wish, and people are not just types. As for their choice "I could be doing better elsewhere", it has nothing to do with you and them being INFPs, and more about who you all 3 were (or maybe are) at the moment. Never think, for instance, than being a INFP man is a liability, for I cannot see how so (unless you are seeing the world from the point of view of a biased non-INFP?) Can you unequivocally affirm than female INFPs have an "easier life", even romantically?

As for the topic at hand, I LOVE INFPs, but never close the door to an individual based on his/her type. INFP-INFP pairings happen and do work, but so do other combinations (the wrong INFP won't work as well as the right ENFJ, if you understand my meaning.)

Lastly, INFPs are not a very large population, so hoping that he/she "must be" INFP is setting yourself for huge disappointment (I've really known only one off this boards, and I knew of her online-never met real female INFPs, except for hunches). A given NT might be right for you, as well as a INFx, and there are some SJ-NF pairings on this board. I myself am naturally drawn to NFs, but dating/meaningful relationships are more complex than just meeting "the right MBTI type" for you.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Two INFPs aren't necessarily the best match as far as compatibility within a romantic relationship, even if they might relate very strongly in a lot of meaningful ways. Sometimes two people of the same type can have trouble bringing out the best in each other and may even do quite the opposite under stress or when things get difficult in any way. Often different but complementary traits are better.

All that said, if I were in the position of looking for a relationship, you can be assured that I'd be throwing all caution to the wind and looking amongst my fellow INFPs anyway, haha.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Two INFPs aren't necessarily the best match as far as compatibility within a romantic relationship, even if they might relate very strongly in a lot of meaningful ways. Sometimes two people of the same type can have trouble bringing out the best in each other and may even do quite the opposite under stress or when things get difficult in any way. Often different but complementary traits are better.

All that said, if I were in the position of looking for a relationship, you can be assured that I'd be throwing all caution to the wind and looking amongst my fellow INFPs anyway, haha.
Often, but not always. :) Two INFPs can work together like a charm! I believe we have such a couple on this very forum (they started a thread-and website-about it.) I just feel we should be wary of excluding some individuals altogether based on type along (and that works both ways too-although INFP pairings may not be theoretically "complimentary enough", an SJ and INFP maybe mature/compatible enough so that they can live happily together despite their different preferences and ways of seeing things.) I personally am not too fond of the common belief and theory that INFP couples must somehow (and by necessicity) be missing something by not being "different enough", because in the end no two INFPs are alike, and it all boils down to the particular individuals involved in the relationshop (I.E. it is good to know about how the MBTI affects the dynamics of a relationship, but it shouldn't be used as a strict "match-finder" romantically.)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
@IcarusDreams Yeah, I do agree with you for sure. Hence the fact that I wouldn't ever rule out a relationship with another INFP if it felt right. I can imagine such a pairing being quite intense and very fulfilling if it worked out well! I saw the thread about that website, by the way, and spent some time looking it over.

Personally, I believe any two individuals of any kind, who are open-minded, willing to learn about each other and able to make compromises can work well.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts