Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking the other day about how stupid in a way it is to writing about things that the other person can observe and judge themselves. Or telling about traits instead of telling about things you might do.

For example... I am pretty. Or, I am intelligent.

Why not let other person just feel about how they find you, and tell about something you do or like.
And think a little about what signals you give, althought there is never any 100% correct prediction in that.

So that is a do and don't I thought about.. what about you?.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I've learned not to think too much about the presentation. Rather create the idea of you&me thru chat.

Put effort in writing to people and meet people. Do not give more than 1 damn about your profile.

Reactions: Belzy

·
Registered
748 Posts
I was thinking the other day about how stupid in a way it is to writing about things that the other person can observe and judge themselves. Or telling about traits instead of telling about things you might do.

For example... I am pretty. Or, I am intelligent.

Why not let other person just feel about how they find you, and tell about something you do or like.
And think a little about what signals you give, althought there is never any 100% correct prediction in that.

So that is a do and don't I thought about.. what about you?.
I think you need to remember that we are N and many of the people I meet on the sites are clearly S not really analyzing anything :p Or even thinking in the first place.. I mean they don't think about their picture, or their text or to update the text so that the text don't say 31 and their profile say 33.. I mean come on?

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,438 Posts
DON'Ts:

* Tell people that you can't stand hypocrisy, lies etc. NO ONE DOES!! Stop making yourself sound like you're the only pure angel on this Earth who's honest all the time no matter. Because you're not. Every single human being lies from time to time. You're not making yourself sound like a unique snowflake by saying you're 100% honest all the time, ironically THAT is bullshit.

* That you're looking for someone who's ''positive'' again, WE ALL look for that. It's another bullshit blanket statement. And it will backfire on you big time the second you whine, mope or complain because apparently you're supposed to be super positive all the time.

* Insisting that you love the outdoors and spending time alone when all your pics show you at parties drinking and smoking. It sounds like a big time contradiction. It's okay to say you would rather castrate yourself with a rusty knife before you go camping in the wilderness, it really is. You'd be surprised how many people will relate.

* Saying that you're ''simple''. Da fuck does that even mean?? And is it really a good thing? Humans ARE complicated.

* Basic spelling mistakes. If you write ''you're'' when it's actually ''your'' I'll pass. Go back to school.

* Having a desperately creative emo title on your profile. I don't want to date a ''Raven Darkmoon'' or some shit like this. Stop pretending you're more deep and poetic than us regular Joes.

Finally, pretty much a mashup of all the above points, but stop making yourself sound like you're a special prize. Over the top assertiveness ''I'm direct and honest, I don't want this and that...'' makes you sound like you're so special no one can handle you. Show some fucking humility. The point of dating profiles is that you're trying to find an equal, not someone who's lucky to score with you. You can be confident but at the end of the day you're not superior to everyone else. People like this usually end up being huge self-centered assholes and who are actually jealous emotional messes. Overcompensating and lack of insight is super obvious in dating profiles.

·
Banned
800 Posts
* That you're looking for someone who's ''positive'' again, WE ALL look for that. It's another bullshit blanket statement. And it will backfire on you big time the second you whine, mope or complain because apparently you're supposed to be super positive all the time.

* Basic spelling mistakes. If you write ''you're'' when it's actually ''your'' I'll pass. Go back to school.
I specifically stated that I didn't want to hear from positivity cultists actually. I don't want specifically "positive" people because that's some weirdly warped cognitive failure to look at reality and pretend it naturally sorts into positive and negative categories. No perspective, no possibility of objectivity or any sane attempt either. This is how critical and hypercritical became synonyms to modern society. The "wise" stuffshirts and moral authorities (and all their over-impressed wannabes) are pompous (wo)manchildren that can't handle reality nor think they should have to. Watch them sneer at those than make uncomfortable, much less strip their pretensions. It's "positive" when they attack since any opposition is "negative", natch.:rolleyes:

Also, I avoid(ed) grammar nazis. :tongue: In all my years of online interaction, nothing preempted a pseudo-intellectual more distinctly. They merely memorize and mechanically apply syntactical purity in inevitable lack of semantic content or the capacity to comprehend or generate such. No intuition, no glarking/groking/etc., probably no functional flow/hyperfocus/flashmode/hackmode/etc.. Syntactical purity can verifiably say nothing or utter nonsense. It's worth is purely for conveying semantics, which it's severely limited in doing. "Quibbling sematics" is arguing about actual content. Functional English is packed with "elliptical phrasing" for a reason. I generally hate rhetoricians even offline, as they apparently infest places like philosophy departments, more than English departments. Sophistry became the word for oratory falsity and sleaziness for a reason. Stoic "virtue" was regarded at its height in the hottest of air. The peak of arete, they claimed. Ironic, they're now pretended to've been stoic, instead of blowhards, when cynic has become a false slam term, when Diogenes out "stoic"ed the loudmouth Stoics, only throwing oral jabs when prompted. *couch*

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,438 Posts
To re-iterate my point, confidence is super important in a dating profile but a lot of people cross that line between confidence and self-centeredness. Like it's okay to list you likes and dislikes, but make sure you don't come off as high and mighty and judgy in the process.

Like a lot of people who preach honesty and straight-forwardness often make it sound like the rest of us are all lying/cheating bastards, which is annoying in itself but more keen people will see it as a ''poor me!'' person whom is passive-aggressively venting about a past relationship where there was infidelity and they're probably right on the money.

Just like if you say you prefer poetry, reading and walks in the woods etc. a lot of times these people make it sound like if you don't like those things you must be shallow ditzy clubbing person who just wants to get drunk and show body parts to strangers. But perhaps it's you who's not the profoundly unique artist that you think you are?

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
^ I agree with avoiding pretentiousness when stating what you want or don’t want. As much as I dislike the hyper happy people (who don’t seem genuine), someone who only goes on about how they don’t want cheaters, liars or drama also seems like they have trust issues and probably a chip on their shoulder concerning the opposite sex. It also makes you wonder why they’re a magnet for such people; where’s their hand in this? Why are they a victim? It’s a red flag....

Although I think if someone really is into poetry and walks in the forest, and you’re really not, then it may simply mean you’re not compatible. Why take that as a personal judgment against you? I understand how some can veer into a pretentious tone and imply judgment of people unlike them, but it can go both ways. You can be too sensitive and read into it too. I think noting some specifics is good because having a wide approach may attract more people, but the purpose is to weed out those who don’t suit you and attract those who do. I don’t think you should be too afraid to turn some people off in order to turn the right people on.

I prefer profiles which focus on what they’re looking for in another person and in a relationship stated in positive terms without a defensive tone, a few details about what they’re like and what they like (i.e. paint a picture of their personality, lifestyle and worldview), and how they want to proceed.

Some people are better writers than others and that doesn’t necessarily make them better partners. Tone goes a long way for me, then. As a woman, I will pick up on emotional tone over how witty, original, “correct”, or thorough someone is. If it’s too much like stock phrases of what sounds good or what you’re supposed to say, then it reeks of insincerity or insecurity over who you are and what you really want. I suppose it is emotionally honest to parade your bitterness, then, but it’s also a declaration that you’re not “ready”.

Reactions: Sensational

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I'll say something I hate to see in guys' profiles:

Answering with external links.
Like for example, the site asks you to describe yourself, and the person just copy/pastes a link to either an article to some other website, or a youtube video that will open yet another tab on my computer (I already keep 40 tabs open at a time). These things are very annoying and I never click on those links because tabs will start popping up and I just can't deal. It's best to actually write about yourself and keep my attention on your profile, instead of distracting my attention with links to here and there, the only thing the guy is accomplishing is to diminish my attention span.

The worst is when the links are to gifs. So the site will say "What do you do on friday nights?" and the person has a copy/pasted link. I used to click the link expecting an article, or a song, or a video, and it's just a fucking .gif of a monkey or something stupid. I think less of the person, for many reason. One reason is they make me think "This guy is so fucking dumb", another reason is I feel like I am wasting my time being redirected to so many external sources that I just click away from the profile, etc.

Something I love: Actual words :)

·
Registered
10,016 Posts
Men have a tendency to really talk about their interests in ways which are ironically VERY uninteresting at times.

Who knows maybe women do this too.

But for example:
I like fishing
I like cars
I like sports
I like hunting
Holds a picture of a fish (wtf is that)

Or...
I am healthy
I like running
I like the gym
I eat well

Or I like movies
Then you get a long list of every fucken B cult classic from the 80s they love
Weird pretentious comments no one would understand unless they have a movie snob step dad :laughing:

I like metal
If you listen to brittney spears I hate you :rollseyes: ok whakadoodle
List of a bunch of metal bands

I like underground
Nothing conventional for me
Everything I do is fucken unique
I am so indie

Doesn't really matter what it is the dudes into the point is usually if they take the time to even fill out the profile they are going really over board to shove down everyone's throats their 'thing' to the point it comes out off putting and like the person is really narrow and pretentious or like the person is completely socially oblivious

Don't try and stage yourself looking sexy men. Either you are or you aren't. Either way in most women's case this is not a deal breaker. What can be is if you make yourself look like a tool. Even if you are hot it can be off putting when it's too staged.

Just saying I don't fucken bore you with a lesson on how to apply fake eyelashes, great cool you know every useless trivia of your said interest go easy on pushing your interests on others.

I was dating this one dude who was into 'punk' I could have handled it if he just said some interests on the subject and played it in the backround. He kept being like wait... "listen to this song, now this song" no dude this is boring it's YOUR hobby. I am not shoving my hobby down your throat. (Plus his version of punk wasn't even good wasn't even vintage, was the terrible wannabe late 90s early 2000s crap that came out of my generation which was horrible then and even weirder to novelize now, like really dude outside this playing on the background of American Pie I didn't know anyone still listened to this shit).

·
Banned
800 Posts
I prefer profiles which focus on what they’re looking for in another person and in a relationship stated in positive terms without a defensive tone, a few details about what they’re like and what they like (i.e. paint a picture of their personality, lifestyle and worldview), and how they want to proceed.
Considering the nature of people, NOT THAT is what I'm mostly after. Potentially compatible traits don't really have specifics in a non-negative sense, unless I want to say something like "only babyfaced, short, skinny chicks", which is not going well, even if they fit the criteria. I don't have an "ideal". I can't even project a realworld example that isn't likely a dud or worse. Women generally don't like men stating what they actually like either. You're supposed to claim so many things, leave out so many things, and lie about so many things as STANDARD, which you'll get explicitly mocked about if you don't.

Similar with worldview, albeit even worse for people in general. It's easier to state which labels indicate incompatibility. NO ONE will generally consciously read even a paragraph of actual philosophical terms describing acceptable meta-ethical positions, much less ontological/epistemological positions. I've gotten a few pseudo-intellectuals that did think all those "big" words might be "sexy" somehow, but that starts sideways and just gets worse. Also, as a dude, how I WANT to proceed isn't ever going to happen, probably not in a thousand lifetimes. The majority still want me to pay bills for them to bother showing up... If nothing else, they'll claim it "indicates interest", which is a cop-out from admitting an actual pretentious demand, the like of which they'd not find acceptable the other way.

They certainly don't want to run through a (direct and only relevantly progressing for this purpose) discussion of things we can't stand and a few technical-ish philosophical comparisons to check the minefield. In my online experience, 200,000 women aren't enough to find even immediately superficial potential compatibility, much less any functional depth. I could list the main labels for why...:wink: Ironically, most will want to fuck around before I'm okay with even a peck on the cheek. Not that I have any use for pecks on the cheek, even less for "hand holding", an awkward notion I'd never have originated even as a bad joke. Even the supposed "fun part" is NOT apparently likely FUN, so we got to discuss that, preferably without them TELLING me how I'm supposed to want to do what THEY want. See I'm usually an idiot/jerk/manchild/etc., if I don't want to give them what they want. Male sexuality is supposed to be dependent, apparently, or it's monstrous or stupid.:angry:

Men have a tendency to really talk about their interests in ways which are ironically VERY uninteresting at times.
That's the big problem with "interesting interests". I find "shared interests" to mostly be a farce that I'm supposed to contort to fit. I keep being told I should have interests that are interesting, like that's how human interest actually works. I'm reminded of the full "Prince Charming" thing, an inhuman with fictional traits meant to be interesting, regardless of their making any damn sense for an actual person with a causally sane present or history, much less lacking some specially tuned split personalities. He's supposed to have an "interesting" job that somehow pays an even more interesting sum that such a job, if it realistically exists in the "interesting" narrative way, likely does. Even if we don't got that money-business dominating, it's just not how people and their lives work.

I don't find things interesting to be interesting to arbitrary other people. I've never done anything in my life because of what it might seem or sound to an external party. Some people may like to tell stories. I don't and sure don't care to live one, much less narrate whatever the fuck I realistically had to live through. Honestly, I don't find interests that ARE shared interesting for being separately "shared". I like X, not "interest in X". Aside from the specifics of my interest NEVER fitting the specifics of another's "shared" interest, my position is first-person, my experience isn't shared since I'm the only one in my own head, and ANY language is a pain in the ass, especially when I'm busy inside my head, either feeling/enjoying and/or performing/contemplating. I have to break what I'm doing and feeling to communicate at all.

What's interesting to actually share seems to have to be something else, that probably doesn't work solo anyway, which I've no idea how to project, even in theory. Mostly, I get the cuddly and the sex, though direct compatibility even, or especially, there seems even physically unlikely, considering even the obvious bits don't line up and limb positions get awkward. "Activities" otherwise confuse me. It's all social shit I avoid that I'm convinced many other people do just to "do social". I don't do cons with fanboys. I certainly not doing what's basically a private con with a fangrrl. I'd certainly end up staff for part of that and some weird, potentially impossibly shifting fanboi/fangrrl hybrid, if not audience, for the rest. That IS my online experience of "dating" so far. I keep getting some form of "You're doing it wrong", which applies even to MY interests, which I'm pretty sure if I'm interested in what I'm doing, I'm doing it right at least as an interest.:crazy:

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮INFJ 666 sx/sp🇺🇸💃🏻💋
2,839 Posts
I said this on another thread but, as someone who has never done it, I find online dating morbidly fascinating.

Not enough to ever seriously try it should I find myself single, mind you, but fascinating nonetheless.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts

Who knows maybe women do this too.

But for example:
I like fishing
I like cars
I like sports
I like hunting
Holds a picture of a fish (wtf is that)

Or...
I am healthy
I like running
I like the gym
I eat well

Or I like movies
Then you get a long list of every fucken B cult classic from the 80s they love
Just listing stuff says very little, I agree. Plus most of it is so similar.
That's why I noted "painting a picture" and being specific so you can reveal who you are through it. Basically, why do you like something and how are displaying your personality when talking about it? Instead of listing 10 movies, name one and explain why you like it. Maybe even briefly recount something you actually did. Maybe I am asking people to be good writers though :D .

Most people don't care about your job either, but noting why you chose it or why you want to move onto something else can give insight into what makes you tick.

I write for marketing..... There's a common approach called the "golden circle", and it's basically describing yourself (in this case...perhaps a product or service for my job) backwards.... not what you do and how, and then why (which is often left out). Rather, start with WHY you do what you do (or like what you like). This cuts to values and drive which motivates people so much more (either to buy something or contact you). It's also a bit intriguing to not immediately list the "what"; someone has to keep reading to find out. Why ---> How ---> What. All of that describes WHO you are.

---
Considering the nature of people, NOT THAT is what I'm mostly after. Potentially compatible traits don't really have specifics in a non-negative sense, unless I want to say something like "only babyfaced, short, skinny chicks", which is not going well, even if they fit the criteria. I don't have an "ideal". I can't even project a realworld example that isn't likely a dud or worse. Women generally don't like men stating what they actually like either. You're supposed to claim so many things, leave out so many things, and lie about so many things as STANDARD, which you'll get explicitly mocked about if you don't.
This looks like casting a wide net as opposed to targeting someone who suits you. And I suppose it depends on your motive. If you're looking for something casual, then you don't need deeper criteria for compatibility, and casting a wide net may make a lot of sense.

Curious - what DO you want to read in a profile? If they shouldn't talk about their interests, their values/views or lifestyle, what they seek in a relationship, or their personal qualities, then what should they talk about? I'm not directing that at this post....I'm asking everyone. Seeing a lot of "don'ts", but not many "dos".

I'm looking for a long-term relationship that could lead to marriage, which means deeper compatibility, so I want an overview of who someone is and what they seek (and the how and the why of it is what creates a "tone" and how personality often comes through). I've found men who are clear on what they want and can state it honestly but with respect are more "ready" emotionally for a relationship. If they can't be honest without being bitter, then they're not ready or they're not for me. Women who can hear that honesty are also more ready for a relationship. Because if you hide who you are and expect someone else to heavily edit who they are - then who are you connecting to? The whole thing is a sham.

It's about knowing your needs and values and being able to define them so as to express them. If you can't be honest about your needs and values, then you won't do well in a relationship. Expressing your needs clearly yet respectfully is a big part of having a happy, functional relationship. I've learned that one the hard way.

As for looks...those preferences are usually set in the search criteria section, and photos also help you quickly determine if someone may be attractive to you in person. I've certainly seen men who only check "brunettes" or certain body types... and I have my preferences too (women make use of the height filter a lot). That's fine. Choosing a partner is an area you have total freedom to discriminate on whatever criteria you want, although you also have to accept the consequences of being "picky" or "unrealistic".

Similar with worldview, albeit even worse for people in general. It's easier to state which labels indicate incompatibility. NO ONE will generally consciously read even a paragraph of actual philosophical terms describing acceptable meta-ethical positions, much less ontological/epistemological positions. I've gotten a few pseudo-intellectuals that did think all those "big" words might be "sexy" somehow, but that starts sideways and just gets worse. Also, as a dude, how I WANT to proceed isn't ever going to happen, probably not in a thousand lifetimes. The majority still want me to pay bills for them to bother showing up... If nothing else, they'll claim it "indicates interest", which is a cop-out from admitting an actual pretentious demand, the like of which they'd not find acceptable the other way.
For me, it's as simple as noting I do a volunteer work through my church, and that this is a central thing in my life. That will certainly repel many and attract a different kind; weeding out is my intention. So I'm talking about briefly noting things about you that are important to you and which possibly define you and your lifestyle.

The "how to proceed" part sounds like a difference in values to me. If you're a "split the bill" kind of guy, then you need a woman who has similar ideas about relationships. It may seem counterintuitive to state unpopular stances, but you may be doing yourself a favor in the long-run. Although I do think it helps to understand why people have certain preferences or expectations and not jump to negative framing because you don't like it. That's why people who are really ready for a relationship can handle respectful honesty. No one will be 100% on the same page all the time.

Of course, it depends on your goal too. I'm coming from the perspective of looking for a relationship, and I realize not everyone is seeking that with their online profiles.

·
Banned
5,117 Posts
I said this on another thread but, as someone who has never done it, I find online dating morbidly fascinating.

Not enough to ever seriously try it should I find myself single, mind you, but fascinating nonetheless.

Im finding the deep analysis of how to just get someone to send you a message quite amazing.

·
Banned
800 Posts
Rather, start with WHY you do what you do (or like what you like). This cuts to values and drive which motivates people so much more (either to buy something or contact you). It's also a bit intriguing to not immediately list the "what"; someone has to keep reading to find out. Why ---> How ---> What. All of that describes WHO you are.
Almost everything I've ever managed to do in my life was something I hated or a shitty alternative to something worse. I can say why I don't do things more than why I do what I do. That's just life as I'm stuck with, especially at this age and in this life trajectory with all its causal limits. Also, people as a rule don't "keep reading". Most don't read much at all and will explicitly tell me to shorten my profile to meaningless nothing. Those that did read weren't any better either since they just ignored what they read.

This looks like casting a wide net as opposed to targeting someone who suits you. And I suppose it depends on your motive. If you're looking for something casual, then you don't need deeper criteria for compatibility, and casting a wide net may make a lot of sense.
I don't do casual. Most people don't do anything but. They just do it more or less in single file and call it serial monogamy, when it's clearly just serial polygamy. I'm trying to avoid people I'd rather kill, much less just random duds. That's primarily a list of things to avoid. It's people. You just have to deal with some people shit. I don't have to like most of it, just avoid the dealbreakers and find a sufficiently sexy/cuddly chick I don't want to kill to hopefully bond with, which sure as fuck won't be verbally. Once I have the details of a given person, I can try to project future incompatibility. I can't project this for everyone on the planet or for undefined types or all possible details. The search function would be impossible to construct, much less to work, which is already improbable with just the bits I'm avoiding.

It's about knowing your needs and values and being able to define them so as to express them. If you can't be honest about your needs and values, then you won't do well in a relationship. Expressing your needs clearly yet respectfully is a big part of having a happy, functional relationship. I've learned that one the hard way.

As for looks...those preferences are usually set in the search criteria section, and photos also help you quickly determine if someone may be attractive to you in person. I've certainly seen men who only check "brunettes" or certain body types... and I have my preferences too (women make use of the height filter a lot). That's fine. Choosing a partner is an area you have total freedom to discriminate on whatever criteria you want, although you also have to accept the consequences of being "picky" or "unrealistic".
My needs and wants don't define a person. They don't even define an explicitly definable class of people, especially without negations to exclude definable traits. My wants define mostly other lifetimes I can never live, so I'm reduced to trying to figure out what I certainly can't stand. I don't find personalities attractive really. Mostly that's arbitrary. It's twitching and posturing. It's the general people blur. I rarely give a shit what someone does beyond things I don't like and that get in my way. Most definable bits about any girl are just things to deal with and get used to. They have no possible worth to me beyond just being the details of the person. In the event I care about the person, I might care about their bits for being their bits, but I can't find most of those kind of bits attractive. I don't get attached to descriptions for damn sure. Like I said, I don't actually like language or dating. I want a future state as beyond them as possible.

Actually, nowadays as things like "mutual fit" and age-restrictions on communication, I generally can't even find attractive, much less non-religious, non-smokers, or non-parents. Yes, it's that damn simple for a 100 mile search to fail COMPLETELY. OkCupid's "mutual fit" instantly reduced my entire 100 mile radius single-only female-only search to 5 people who weren't compatible or interested. PoF wouldn't let me even SEE the only 2 non-smoking, non-Christians because they were early 20s, and I'm a poison-dicked old fuck who isn't worthy to speak to them. eHarmony is a mostly non-functional scam and semi-officially Christian, biased to certain denominations, no less. Tindr is a hookup app. Etc.

For me, it's as simple as noting I do a volunteer work through my church, and that this is a central thing in my life. That will certainly repel many and attract a different kind; weeding out is my intention. So I'm talking about briefly noting things about you that are important to you and which possibly define you and your lifestyle.
See. I don't want any kind of volunteer or religious (possibly excepting something like nontheist Wiccan-ish and certain IRreligions). You can't say that in positive terms. About the only English terms for anything like that are slam terms. Atheist doesn't work very well by itself since atheism doesn't preclude religion and certainly doesn't preclude political shit like "atheism+" and quasi-religious shit like humanism, which sure as hell has articles of faith that have no objective justification. There are no groups that have what I want, so I can't search for someone from a defined group. I can only say what groups I want to avoid, which is usually the limit of language. If I specifically said I was looking for a "bright" would anyone know what I'm talking about? Almost none, and I probably don't want to date convention-going atheists who do.

The "how to proceed" part sounds like a difference in values to me. If you're a "split the bill" kind of guy, then you need a woman who has similar ideas about relationships. It may seem counterintuitive to state unpopular stances, but you may be doing yourself a favor in the long-run. Although I do think it helps to understand why people have certain preferences or expectations and not jump to negative framing because you don't like it. That's why people who are really ready for a relationship can handle respectful honesty. No one will be 100% on the same page all the time.

Of course, it depends on your goal too. I'm coming from the perspective of looking for a relationship, and I realize not everyone is seeking that with their online profiles.
I stated mostly unpopular stances, but I didn't state so much more. You'll get typed even by those that supposedly don't have a problem with any given issue. Women seem to clump more than men and in-group virtue-signaling kills us freaks in dating. Among getting extralegal shit from corrupt mods who thought they were special authorities, there's even lists made to slam and destroy users, including getting them deleted, often for arguing with someone else who started the argument, or doxxed. Nowadays, they'll even try to get you fired sometimes.

Ever heard of domism? It's a favored term by a feminazi group that insists that guys into BDSM things they don't like are all violent misogynists. They kindly made a filter to "protect" women from us evil fucks AKA "predators". Honesty and consent don't matter to them. Even something as simple as consensual choking puts males on their list.
https://maybemaimed.com/playground/predator-alert-tool-for-okcupid/
"Change Log
Version 0.5.3:
Questionnaire: To help protect users against abusive sadomasochists, BDSM’ers, and sexual dominants, Predator Alert Tool for OkCupid now includes questions about rolequeerness in its default set of red-flags."

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
Rarely do I get an unsolicited message. My goal is to filter people out.

I'm not a sensor, and I do not wish to date an SJ. So, my profile is a bit wandering, and my pics are not that good.

If I find a profile I like, I spend a few minutes making a PERSONAL message to her, and ask her a pertinent question to learn more about her. She may go look at my profile, but rarely does the lady make a personal comment back.

Those who do absolutely get my interest.

Reactions: Nephandus
1 - 18 of 18 Posts