Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not my research...

Sensing Judgers (ESTJ, ESFJ, ISTJ, ISFJ) have a satisfaction rate of 79% when paired with other Sensing Judgers.
These types tend to be traditionalists who value and honor their commitments.

Intuitive Feelers (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ) have a satisfaction rate of 73% when paired with each other.
Intuitive Feelers tend to place a high value on relationships and are the most likely of all the types to devote themselves to healthy relationships and open communication.

Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving types (INFP and ENFP) had a satisfaction rate of only 42% when they were paired with Sensing, Thinking, Judging types (ESTJ and ISTJ)
The NFP partner is likely to feel that their partner is conservative and stifling, while the STJ partner may find their partner unpredictable and unreliable.
When partners have a Feeling preference in common, this can compensate for differences in other areas, perhaps due to Feelers' inclination to spend more time and energy on their relationships in general.

Specifically, Sensing, Feeling Judgers (ESFJ and ISFJ) reported an 86% satisfaction rate when paired with Intuitive, Feeling Perceivers (ENFP and INFP).
They had a 67% satisfaction rate when coupled with Intuitive, Feeling Judgers (ENFJ and INFJ).

In some cases, having similar type preferences did not mean higher satisfaction. Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving types (ISTP and ESTP) had only a 33% satisfaction rate when paired with other STPs.
The researchers theorized that this is due to their findings that ESTPs and ISTPs are the least concerned of all the types with the quality of their relationships.

Similarly, Intuitive Thinking types (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ) have only a 59% satisfaction rate when paired with another Intuitive Thinker.
These types tend to be among the most critical of their partners and may be harder to please in general.

Some types showed greater partner dissatisfaction in general. Women married to INTP men had the highest level of dissatisfaction, at 31%.
INTP is one of the least common types in the population, and INTPs may find it especially important to find a like-minded partner.

Read more: Do Opposites Attract? Compatibility and your Myers Briggs Personality Type
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

·
Registered
911 Posts
Haha I can picture an average ESF woman being paired up with an INTP man... it always brings a smile to my face!

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can find more information please post it

·
Registered
442 Posts
Little more information...

Article : here

The authors found very little evidence that opposites marry. The only exceptions were ESTJ men married to INFP women and ESTP men married to INFJ women. These two types of men, said the authors, were also the two types who had been married the most often.

Men who were INFPs, INFJs and INTPs most often married a female with the same psychological type. Women, on the other hand, who were ENFJs and INFJs married men with the same type.

The researchers also found that female feeling types (mostly ESFJs) were married the longest and that female thinking types (mostly INTP) were married the fewest number of years. Perceiving types were more likely to have divorced than judging types.

Extroverts tended to be more satisfied with their relationships than Introverts which didn't take into account their length of marriage or how many times they had been married.

"Our research and the overall trend," said Dr. Marioles,"supports the likelihood that people are more likely to be attracted to and marry someone of the same type then they are a person of the opposite type."

Women were dissatisfied with the marriage most often (33 percent) when they were married to a man who was an INTP; 31 percent were dissatisfied when they were married to an INFP; and 22 percent were dissatisfied when they were married to an ISFP.

Only 13 percent of the men were dissatisfied when the women were an ENFJ and 12 percent of the men were dissatisfied when the women were an ENFP. Myers-Briggs types give some insight into partner satisfaction.

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only 13 percent of the men were dissatisfied when the women were an ENFJ and 12 percent of the men were dissatisfied when the women were an ENFP. Myers-Briggs types give some insight into partner satisfaction.

Yet another reason to love those ENFPs

Reactions: pinkrasputin

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts

Yet another reason to love those ENFPs
That's because ENF's are flippin amazing people! :crazy:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
In some cases, having similar type preferences did not mean higher satisfaction. Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving types (ISTP and ESTP) had only a 33% satisfaction rate when paired with other STPs.
The researchers theorized that this is due to their findings that ESTPs and ISTPs are the least concerned of all the types with the quality of their relationships.
If they are not concerned, why are they less satisfied?

Regardless, I feel like I should love them through it. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Not my research...

Sensing Judgers (ESTJ, ESFJ, ISTJ, ISFJ) have a satisfaction rate of 79% when paired with other Sensing Judgers.
These types tend to be traditionalists who value and honor their commitments.

Intuitive Feelers (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ) have a satisfaction rate of 73% when paired with each other.
Intuitive Feelers tend to place a high value on relationships and are the most likely of all the types to devote themselves to healthy relationships and open communication.

Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving types (INFP and ENFP) had a satisfaction rate of only 42% when they were paired with Sensing, Thinking, Judging types (ESTJ and ISTJ)
The NFP partner is likely to feel that their partner is conservative and stifling, while the STJ partner may find their partner unpredictable and unreliable.
When partners have a Feeling preference in common, this can compensate for differences in other areas, perhaps due to Feelers' inclination to spend more time and energy on their relationships in general.

Specifically, Sensing, Feeling Judgers (ESFJ and ISFJ) reported an 86% satisfaction rate when paired with Intuitive, Feeling Perceivers (ENFP and INFP).
They had a 67% satisfaction rate when coupled with Intuitive, Feeling Judgers (ENFJ and INFJ).

Similarly, Intuitive Thinking types (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ) have only a 59% satisfaction rate when paired with another Intuitive Thinker.
These types tend to be among the most critical of their partners and may be harder to please in general.

Some types showed greater partner dissatisfaction in general. Women married to INTP men had the highest level of dissatisfaction, at 31%.
INTP is one of the least common types in the population, and INTPs may find it especially important to find a like-minded partner.

Read more: Do Opposites Attract? Compatibility and your Myers Briggs Personality Type
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
I love this! ;) nice thing, jack london!
Well, I agree with this. Right now i'm with another INFP and we're the best thing in the world, seriously. he understands me and all that...and I can't get along with ISTJ and ESTJs because they always attack me.
Does anyone think that xSTJ are violent against xNFPs? Because I do

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I still say it's because STP is prototypical "maleness" and ENF is prototypical "femaleness".

They just go together.
Ah. That does make sense. And yeah. I'd have absolutely no problem being a yin to their yang. :blushed:

Reactions: sofort99
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.