Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :D

Well, after sometime, I guess, The Goddess herself put one of you guys on my ways (thanks a lot x3 ), but I'd like to know your opinion on the subject.

I met this guy when he was around 21, but we couldn't have a relationship back then because I was in one already, and back then I chose to do the best to keep it, although I lost it anyway. So I had to say goodbye to him back then. We started chatting on msn about two weeks ago, and he was so anxious to see me, but I was so full of fears (as a good INFP), then, a couple days ago I decided to take a chance on life again, and we went to the movies.

I had told him about my fears, and he was really understanding, but yesterday I decided to let go of them, and I asked him to be my partner. He kind of freaked out, and got very serious, and he said he wanted us to get to know each other better. He's the nicest person to me, he does things I hadn't even thought about (like holding the napkins for me to get them easily, or asking me how I feel and being supportive all the time), but somehow I think I screwed it by acting so fast, when I was so full of fears before.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
When I was asked to go to one of my high school proms by this girl. My response was "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm..... I'm not sureee....."

I think you ought to have taken it slower, but I don't think you made that big of a mistake. He would've likely understood why you acted that way.

One of the things I feel makes us want to commit to a relationship is seeing how much the other partner cares about us. You seem to want to show this. Keep that up.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Yeah, I think Handi's exactly right. I think it's very natural for ISFJ's to want to ease into things, take things slowly, and get comfortable. You shouldn't be alarmed by his reaction, nor should you feel like you made a mistake. If he's at all like me, he was probably very flattered and appreciated your eagerness, but still cautious about wanting to make a jump into something unfamiliar.

Remember, J's aren't as spontaneous as P's, and SJ's in particular like routine and consistency. I know for me, I only take on change if I'm confident that it'll be an improvement, because otherwise I feel like it's a waste of my time.

So don't worry about it, but also be patient. Just plan on spending some time with him, getting to know him better, sharing things about yourself, and just try to enjoy yourselves. If there's natural chemistry between you two, he'll warm up to it and you guys will be in great shape. If not, then at least you'll know you're not meant to be together.

Reactions: Albion
1 - 5 of 5 Posts