Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think your daydreams and musings might be telling you about yourself or different areas of your life? Thanks to anyone who responds.

·
Registered
642 Posts
That's a cool topic!

Usually my daydreams are just random and I don't pay too much attention to them after I "wake up", so I end up forgetting what they were about.
But in general, I'd say they mean I need friends lol.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Typically, my daydreams/dreams tend to make me aware of my highly self-hated, but highly self-aware sexual instinct. I freaking hate it, but damn is it just too strong to ignore. The other two instinctual dimensions don't even come close to it in terms of strength. It's absolutely dominant.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
My "daydreams" mostly consist of past reflections; and ways to resolve unsolved problems. Cliché, but they often just inform me about how to better solve/prevent present and future conflicts, both impersonal and personal.

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
No daydreams here. They seem pretty pointless to me. The most I do is envision some sort of wild scenario where I have something I think I want but I always end up seeing both sides. Negative and positive.

My nightly dreams however ... Completely amazing. Just woke up right now having dreamt of being on a giant ship that capsized where I led a few others on a hunt to rescue as many people as possible. It eventually ended up with me trying to escape a giant shark and somehow marveling at my new found ability to swim (I can't swim IRL). Eventually I escaped the shark but then ran into a giant horde of SWIMMING ZOMBIES. Fuck. I turned into an Assassin and just hacked all the zombies' heads off. Finally reached the surface only to realize I was now in the middle of the ocean in a massive storm with no land in sight. So I refused to give up and started swimming as fast as I could. Found a raft and started building a boat (no idea where the materials came from but it's a dream). But then out of nowhere a giant whale decides to surface which destroys my raft and sends my flying through the air and I wake up as I'm falling back towards the ocean.

No idea what it's trying to tell me about IRL but I love having these adventures. They're my favorite part about sleeping :proud:

·
Not Banned Yet
2,665 Posts
Thinking of completely unrealistic "possible" scenarios that "could" happen in the future during a time period i dont have much of worries.
Currently im mostly thinking about grounding cold reality and how to resolve some problems because im busy.

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
I have no clue on what they might be telling me about myself or different areas of my life. They all tend to differ based on time and location and are all recurring themes, in context of style. The implied meaning of them is nothing more than a mystery of sorts, which may end up differing based on theme. Some of them may end up becoming repetitive too, and all of them mainly involve recurring events and characters. In the end, they simply seem like nothing more than pure randomness and I happen to be bad at reading myself, so in turn their meaning or the reason they are like this will most likely stay a mystery to me.

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
and all of them mainly involve recurring events and characters. In the end, they simply seem like nothing more than pure randomness and I happen to be bad at reading myself
This caught my attention. Do you also dream in sort of an episodic nature where you'll have the same dream multiple times just with some slight variations but also serialized where the story unfolds more for several nights till there's a conclusive ending?

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
This caught my attention. Do you also dream in sort of an episodic nature where you'll have the same dream multiple times just with some slight variations but also serialized where the story unfolds more for several nights till there's a conclusive ending?
Pretty much, though there are close to no conclusive endings to my daydreams. Even if the story moves along it may end up having exact recurring elements, such as an ostrich, for example.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anyone tried keeping a journal of their daydreams to look over at a later time? Thanks again to everyone.

·
Registered
443 Posts
My daydreams would scare and put a shiver in the finest of people he he he he he. Hmmm Id say my daydreams are mostly about fantasy worlds, purple stuff and theme park ideas and dinosaur cloning and surreal worlds and many other things far too much to write about lol.

·
Registered
8,766 Posts
Dreams are a catharsis of a kind for me, it's clear. And I say that like, Morgan from the Walking Dead, with his insane preoccupation, 'I got's to clear! I NEEEEEEED to!' That man scares me.

Seriously though, dreams come up and revolve around the issues of the day, in like hyper-weird jammed together format, but ... relevant. That is how it is for me. I have done a lot of lucid dreaming and reality is rather pathetic if you ask me. Except that reality includes dreams, so ... psyche!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts