Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i call my bf daddy, he calls me bae. im normally strong and independent, but around him i act like a kid and i fake being physically weak and emotionally sensitive, but i make it in a way that is funny and not annoying, and we make our relationship more interesting and fun tks to all that acting. i think i want a kinda DDLG relationship because my dad is always superficial with me and i never even had a convo with him that last more than 30 seconds, he doesnt ignore me or anything and still support me financially, and thats pretty much enough for me so i love him. but i think a girl still instinctively needs her daddy to act like daddy and not like an ATM
so yeah, thats my story
if youre in a DDLG relationship then share your experiences, or just share your opinions about this thing, anything related, id love to hear

·
Banned
307 Posts
I don't think this sort of relationship is very healthy. If you have unresolved issues with your real father then that sucks, but trying to find a surrogate father in a romantic partner doesn't seem like the right solution. Romantic relationships should be between equals, not one partner being dependent on the other.

In the more extreme cases is becomes downright creepy and pedophilic.

·
Banned
3,936 Posts
I don't think this sort of relationship is very healthy. If you have unresolved issues with your real father then that sucks, but trying to find a surrogate father in a romantic partner doesn't seem like the right solution. Romantic relationships should be between equals, not one partner being dependent on the other.

In the more extreme cases is becomes downright creepy and pedophilic.
You aren't too familiar with BDSM, are you? You can't measure relationship of initial power unbalance in conventional terms.
Even if cause is unhealthy, relationship should be fulfilling first and foremost. What is unhealthy is when aforementioned power unbalance emerges in otherwise equal relationship and when one of partners is coerced into playing along the other's fetish.
I see no sensible reason to frown upon "parent-child" relationship following "safe, sane, consensual" rule. Note I'm not talking about abuse, emotional or physical (that's what SSC is meant to prevent).

Reactions: fieryelf

·
Banned
5,075 Posts
Curious: Would a woman in a "daddy's little girl" relationship with their SO also feel comfortable starting a family with the same man in which he'd actually be a daddy if the relationship gets serious? If yes, would you continue with the "daddy little girl's" fetish? Would you feel comfortable calling him daddy in bed when your children call him daddy outside of it?

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
You aren't too familiar with BDSM, are you? You can't measure relationship of initial power unbalance in conventional terms.
Even if cause is unhealthy, relationship should be fulfilling first and foremost. What is unhealthy is when aforementioned power unbalance emerges in otherwise equal relationship and when one of partners is coerced into playing along the other's fetish.
I see no sensible reason to frown upon "parent-child" relationship following "safe, sane, consensual" rule. Note I'm not talking about abuse, emotional or physical (that's what SSC is meant to prevent).

I AM quite familiar with BDSM. This is not at all the same.

The difference is in doing this just " In bed" or behaving this way in the real world all the time.

The second is not at all healthy.

·
Banned
3,936 Posts
I AM quite familiar with BDSM. This is not at all the same.

The difference is in doing this just " In bed" or behaving this way in the real world all the time.

The second is not at all healthy.
About as unhealthy as blurring any line between reality and fantasy. While degree it's taken to may vary, it all rests upon person's psychological comfort at the end of the day, and retaining awareness of fantasy being, well, just fantasy. S&M relationship is not always "only" "in bed", sometimes it's taken outside of one, and if you call that unhealthy, well, I just don't.
Relationship are, in the end, all about complementation between partners in one way or another.
This may be, for all I know, a stage in personal development, a struggle with unresolved inner frustration. When it is resolved, e.g. the woman with daddy fetish has her share of "daddy attention", she can finally mature properly, revise her needs and move on, maybe with the same man, deciding to drop the act, or with someone else if the change in nature of relationship becomes impossible (that is partly an answer to @Tropes). It's not a bad thing in my book. Better than immaturity and neediness for attention and pampering seeping out to cripple actual relationship.

Reactions: salt

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Dd/lg is on the BDSM spectrum. It manifests in different ways for different people. Some "littles" are not even remotely sexual when they are in "little space." And for others, it's only sexual. Age play varies too. Some are "middles." So there's quite a bit of variety there which isn't surprising considering how different people can be.

I do engage in this type of play with my hubby sometimes. We respect each other as equals, we know we're "Equals." Great, now lets have some fun and play with the power dynamics. That's mainly what it's about for us - fun + it has the potential to be very therapeutic and healing. I was already a child-like person (which is not to be confused with "childish" in the immature sense) before I learned about this type of dynamic and implemented it into our relationship. I still like toys/dolls etc., enjoy child-like activities, can be child-like in my personality. It just caused me to indulge in it more and become more playful (have more fun) once we learned about it. In the general sense, I don't believe anyone should ever kill their inner child (I don't think that's healthy) - which is not to say you have to partake in this type of fetish to keep your inner child alive lol. It's just one way in which I keep mine alive.

I do call him "Daddy" and before I knew about this dynamic, I naturally called him something else silly. So basically, the dynamic was some what already present even if there was no official label on it. And, I think many couples are this way. There's usually an unspoken dynamic there which can often manifest in similar ways as a parent/child dynamic even if the couple doesn't recognize it or label it as so.

I don't think of my own dad when I call my hubby "Daddy" because that would be gross lol. It's just a word and words mean whatever meaning or power you give them. For some people (even "littles") they feel uncomfortable using that title (they choose something else). I can understand that but it's not that way for everyone. There's a lot of taboo or stigma attached to it, I guess and this whole dynamic as a whole. To me, it's just a term of endearment I've currently chosen for him. I can't even remember ever calling my own biological dad "Daddy" so maybe that's why I don't feel the same way emotionally about it as others do? It's a very personal/individual thing. A word never means the same thing to all people. I personally never got hung up over the word. Anyway.

It's not 24/7 for me and it didn't sound like it was something 24/7 for the OP either. Everyone plays different roles in lives. We have things to do. I'd say I have many personas and this is one of them. I'm normally a person who is very much in control and tightly wound. Entering "little space" helps me loosen up. It also deepens the bond I have with my husband. I'm not 100% dependent on him. We are interdependent which is how I believe any healthy relationship is.

I do think there are ways it can be done in an unhealthy way just like with anything. And I do think there are guys out there who call themselves "Daddy" or gals who call themselves a "Mommy" who are more like predators. So "littles" looking to entering that type of relationship should be wary of that. But if it's something you're interested in trying in your current relationship and your partner is down to play, then I say - why not?

·
Banned
307 Posts
Dd/lg is on the BDSM spectrum. It manifests in different ways for different people. Some "littles" are not even remotely sexual when they are in "little space." And for others, it's only sexual. Age play varies too. Some are "middles." So there's quite a bit of variety there which isn't surprising considering how different people can be.
These more extreme types of, "littles" that want to act like they are kids their whole life are seriously mentally ill. I'm not even sure that falls into the same spectrum as the sexual fetish.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Curious: Would a woman in a "daddy's little girl" relationship with their SO also feel comfortable starting a family with the same man in which he'd actually be a daddy if the relationship gets serious? If yes, would you continue with the "daddy little girl's" fetish? Would you feel comfortable calling him daddy in bed when your children call him daddy outside of it?
well when i have a family with him i would definitely drop the act and the nickname and act more mature of course
when we're alone we would probably bring back the ddlg thing but when with our kids and other people, definitely no
thats what i plan at least

·
Banned
307 Posts
well when i have a family with him i would definitely drop the act and the nickname and act more mature of course
when we're alone we would probably bring back the ddlg thing but when with our kids and other people, definitely no
thats what i plan at least
Yeah, but how old are you? The sort of guy who gets off on dd/lg isn't likely to be attracted to some 40yr old still trying to play the school girl act, they will want a younger woman to fulfill their fantasies with.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
These more extreme types of, "littles" that want to act like they are kids their whole life are seriously mentally ill. I'm not even sure that falls into the same spectrum as the sexual fetish.
I disagree. A lot of people have a child-like side. Some people just suppress theirs which I personally don't consider to be mentally healthy. It's also not considered solely a sexual fetish which I already mentioned in my initial post. For many, it is solely non-sexual play. And it does all fall onto the BDSM spectrum (which is very broad, I might add).

You also made an assumption about all men/women no longer wanting to engage in it with their "little" at 40 and beyond which is also completely false. Age really is just a number, as they say. It is not just some simple "school girl act" as you put it but often a very inherent part of a person's personality. It would be akin to denying a piece of who you are which is never wise.

·
Banned
307 Posts
You also made an assumption about all men/women no longer wanting to engage in it with their "little" at 40 and beyond which is also completely false. Age really is just a number, as they say. It is not just some simple "school girl act" as you put it but often a very inherent part of a person's personality. It would be akin to denying a piece of who you are which is never wise.
Being a pedophile is a piece of who a person is and we don't say it's healthy for pedophiles to act out their fantasies. Certainly this instance isn't as bad, but it's still unhealthy. I'm sure a lot of people DO want to act like a kid (hell, who doesn't sometimes?), but when you are an adult you have certain responsibilities that you have to take care of.

Hot as fuck. A 10 year age gap never sucks either.
My current girlfriend is 12 years younger than me, but she doesn't act like a kid. She works 12 hours a day 7 days a week to try to pay for her college because she is actually trying to make something of her life instead of being some man's school girl fantasy. Needless to say she wasn't born in the US, she was born in a Communist country so she actually understands how lucky she is to have the freedom to determine the course of her own life unlike most American girls who complain about basically everything and apparently just want to be some older dude's fuck toy so they don't have to work at all.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I was just researching this when Melanie Martinez was exposed as a rapist.

The people in the dd/lg community strike me as healthy, comfortable people. Very... balanced. Where people see "daddy issues," they see "having fun and taking nothing seriously." I remember I saw a thread once in a dd/lg forum where someone asked if the community wanted dd/lg to come into the mainstream, and the universal response was, "As great as it would be to not be judged, I'm afraid men will take advantage of women." What a mature response. Concern. It's easy to see why (dds being protective of lgs).

I think the dynamic is a positive sign in the relationship. It's a mistake, imo, to confine your relationship to societal norms. That dooms a relationship. Every relationship is different. If something weird works between two people, how on earth could it be unhealthy or toxic?

Also, these people tend to be open-minded and equality is a given before dd/lg comes into play. Sexual deviance tends to take an unbelievable amount of respect and trust.

I really used to find this dynamic creepy, but now I see it in a generally positive light. I've been considering engaging in it myself.

Reactions: Vivid Melody

·
Banned
307 Posts
I think the dynamic is a positive sign in the relationship. It's a mistake, imo, to confine your relationship to societal norms. That dooms a relationship. Every relationship is different. If something weird works between two people, how on earth could it be unhealthy or toxic?
What makes a guys dick hard and what makes for a stable life-long relationship are two totally different things. Just because it works TODAY doesn't mean it's a stable foundation for a relationship. How many of these people do you think are still with their, "little" in 10 years?

·
Registered
897 Posts
What makes a guys dick hard and what makes for a stable life-long relationship are two totally different things. Just because it works TODAY doesn't mean it's a stable foundation for a relationship. How many of these people do you think are still with their, "little" in 10 years?
Dd/lg isn't about "what makes a guys dick hard." Sometimes sex isn't even involved in a dd/lg interaction. It's about a man taking on a parental persona and a woman taking on a child persona. It involves a great degree of comfort and vulnerability, which is why I think it can only help a preexisting relationship. It certainly has with the dd/lgers I've met.

·
Banned
307 Posts
Dd/lg isn't about "what makes a guys dick hard." Sometimes sex isn't even involved in a dd/lg interaction. It's about a man taking on a parental persona and a woman taking on a child persona. It involves a great degree of comfort and vulnerability, which is why I think it can only help a preexisting relationship. It certainly has with the dd/lgers I've met.
What about, "a woman taking on a child persona" sounds healthy to you? How do you expect a man to respect a woman who acts like a child?

·
Registered
897 Posts
What about, "a woman taking on a child persona" sounds healthy to you? How do you expect a man to respect a woman who acts like a child?
It's being comfortable enough with your partner to act any way you want without judgment. It's showing your partner a vulnerable side to you and knowing this partner won't reject you. It's learning the boundaries of your relationship with your partner. These are all things that strengthen a relationship.

If you really love your partner, watching them have fun with you (without hurting anyone) should not make you lose respect for them. If my SO wanted to do a reverse dd/lg dynamic, even if I wasn't into it, I wouldn't lose respect for him. I'd actually respect him more for confiding in me.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Being a pedophile is a piece of who a person is and we don't say it's healthy for pedophiles to act out their fantasies. Certainly this instance isn't as bad, but it's still unhealthy. I'm sure a lot of people DO want to act like a kid (hell, who doesn't sometimes?), but when you are an adult you have certain responsibilities that you have to take care of.
Comparing dd/lg to pedophilia only indicates how much you seriously misunderstand the whole dd/lg dynamic.

Real "littles" do not deny that they have responsibilities in life. "Little space" is something you enter in your own down time. It is a mutual desire (between Caregiver and little) and can include activities such as: coloring, watching cartoons, dress up, playing with toys etc. This can be done alone or with a partner. A "little" doesn't NEED a caregiver (Daddy/Mommy) to be complete or to enter "little space." Some are quite content that way. Others desire a partner. It's a personal choice.

I think you are confusing a girl wanting to leech off a "sugar daddy" to be the same as a "little" in a dd/lg dynamic. The two are not the same at all and obviously the former would be unhealthy. A girl just wanting a sugar daddy would not be considered apart of dd/lg dynamic and would be shunned by most in the dd/lg community as being a "fake little." They also have ways of determining what makes someone a "fake Daddy/Mommy" which are usually things which involve abusive behaviors.

Perhaps you yourself wouldn't have the capacity to respect someone (or be attracted to someone) who enters a child-like persona some of the time or perhaps I'm misunderstanding and you're simply referring to a girl wanting to leech off of someone (not a "little.").

1 - 20 of 71 Posts