• ESTP

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • ENTP

Votes: 72 69.2%
21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
He seemed very ENFP in the movies before he was Deadpool.

Reactions: Clare_Bare

·
Registered
822 Posts
Although I voted him as ENTP, I actually think he is an ENFP.
The Ne & Fi expressions gone wild ...
I can imagine an ENFP to be cold-hearted and seek revenge!
(Admittedly it takes a lot to push an ENFP to that stage - but Deadpool did go through a bit of a difficult experience didn't he?)

Then again, this summary of Deadpool seems to be very ENTP'ish?
https://characters-mbti.tumblr.com/post/155833274092/deadpool-mbti

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Seriously, how can people be picking ENTP for him (12 ESTP to 54 ENTPs). I almost think we must have a lot of mis-typed ESTPs on this thread who see themselves in Deadpool. Ne, when actively engaged, can look like Se in that it can appear impulsive or frantic. However, a lot of Ne happens in our heads and we are assessing the situation as we go and recalculating the future affect. Se is physical, in the moment, and with not a lot of regard for the effect on the future. Think of Ne as "look as you are leaping" while Se is "leap then look". Here are the differences.

'People whose dominant function is Extraverted Sensing usually experience the world as: You prefer to live in the present moment, rather than dwelling on the past or day dreaming about the future. "Be Here Now" comes naturally to you. You are almost always tuned into the present moment, and you wonder why other people seem so spaced out...You probably move gracefully and with ease. You might even have quick reflexes....You might even feel jittery and jumpy if you have to sit still for too long - like at a desk or on an airplane. You probably like to be on the go all day, but the minute the physical activity slows down you get bored and fall asleep. You are definitely the type of person who goes, goes, goes, and then shuts down fast. You like to be engaged with the physical world around you. People with Se as their dominant cognitive function know what is going on around them at all times. They can sense any change in physical movement in the room."

Here is Ne:
"People with dominant Extroverted Intuition (Ne) have an infinite number of ideas and suggestions on how to make the future better. They can see several possible futures. When you want to do brainstorming, you need someone with a dominant Ne function. Their minds will shoot out new ideas faster than most people can absorb them. It's like a rapid fire machine gun but instead of bullets its new ideas for the future. Those with dominant Ne are big picture people. They don't enjoy the details, but will handle them when necessary. Dominant Ne's can see trends and patterns. They are especially good as seeing how things, events and people are connected. They can see the meaning behind people's actions. People with a dominant Ne function tend to be very articulate speakers who can speak quickly, fluidly and with ease. When speaking, ideas come easily to them and they rapidly turn those into words, whole sentences and complete stories."

He oozes Se (all action and mouth-even before he was a superhero and he essentially was a hit man, he had quick reflexes and was physical). I do not believe he is ENFP either. He is not using Fi (or even Fe) that well. Even his "revenge" tendency is more motivated in getting back at Ajax for experimenting on other people along with himself and his choice to try the experiment was motivated in not having Vanessa have to got through him dying of cancer (which appears to be Fe not Fi-but definitely is not one of the leading functions).

The biggest way to look at this is compare the very obvious ENTP Iron Man to the ESTP Deadpool:

Tony is fast talking but not necessarily impulsive (you can see he is calculating as he is talking). You can see the frantic Ne when he is talking to Bruce Banner (who they type INxP-so Ne is there too which I know when talking to someone else with Ne, my Ne goes into overdrive) when they get Loki's staff and he starts looking at making something that could keep peace in the world without the mistakes of being human (the unfortunate result was Ultron). Like happens with Ne, it is very distracted and searching for the next thing but once there is an interesting project to work on, it makes you want to drop what you were doing and obsessively work on it.

Wade is fast talking and does not seem to be calculating the future effect of his words or actions. He is quick, very physical, impulsive, and does not appear to be living in his head but just reacting to his environment.

I love Deadpool and would love to claim his as our own, but there is no way he is ENTP.

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,751 Posts
Hes basically untypable. Major personality disorders (neurotic / schizophrenic and whatnot) so yeah. You could say that when he's not obsessing or anything he's somehow of a major asshole with a demented heart

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sarcasm wit, seems icy with no feelings even though he is not, soo unpredictable and unstable, random acts, energized, he acts like nothing is serious to him, keeps on talking to troll people and piss them off, DEFINITELY AN ENTP

·
Registered
47 Posts
You poor clueless bastards.. You can't make the difference between extraverted intuition and extraverted sensing?!
Deadpool is clearly an "adventurer" (SP), not an "investigator" (NT). Deadpool is one of the dumbest marvel characters out there.. definitely not an NT! Deadpool is a ESxP, with a balance between thinking and feeling.
Extraverted Sensors:
– Are adaptable and easy-going
– Are realistic and down-to-earth
– Are practical and matter-of-fact
– Are excited by adventure and thrills
– Live “in the moment” and prefer to focus on the here-and-now
– Are fond of concrete facts and are aware of details
– Learn best from hands-on experience
– Seek stimulation by experiencing life in a hands-on, immersive way
– Have a “live and let live” mentality
– Tend to be impulsive and trust their impulses
– Are fun-loving and optimistic
– Pride themselves on being bold, unconventional, and spontaneous
– Prize freedom
– See all the details around them
Extraverted Intuitives:
– Are always thinking of possibilities and what “could be”
– Focus on the future much more than the present
– Are original and independent
– Love to start and initiate creative projects, but struggle with completing projects
– Work in bursts of impulsive energy
– Hate routine
– Seek and trust inspiration and are willing to follow it anywhere.
– Tend to be enthusiastic and good with people
– Love to inspire and motivate others
– Find hidden patterns, possibilities, and potentials
– See so many alternatives that they can have trouble focusing on just one thing
– Are open-minded and slow to form premature conclusions
– See things in impressions and focus on “the big picture”

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Deadpool is one of the dumbest marvel characters out there.. definitely not an NT!
I wonder what you mean by that. As a fellow NT, I judge lower wits by merit, not mbti label.

That said, welcome. I joined PerC in a similar 'rage' too:

You poor clueless bastards.. You can't make the difference between extraverted intuition and extraverted sensing?!

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,616 Posts
Deadpool is clearly an "adventurer" (SP), not an "investigator" (NT). Deadpool is one of the dumbest marvel characters out there.. definitely not an NT!
I was like ''Finally someone gets it!'' then of course that part in bold had to reinforce the bullshit notion that N =smart S=stupid.

·
Banned
8,868 Posts
You know the problem with this intuitive idiots is that they think only intuitive types are capable of sarcasms and shits. XD

And, whatever he's probably extp

Because entps can also be action oriented

Hmm.

Or maybe he's in the equilibrium of Se and Ne

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,616 Posts
1) We have to assume that this chart has validity (99,9% chance it's from an INTx)

2) There are some dumbass NT types, they're not all automatically gifted

3) Deapool being ''dumb'' doesn't exclude him from being NT (even though I don't think he is)

4) How is Deadpool dumb anyways? Or is it another INxx seeing his Se energy and skills as short-sighted stupidity

·
Registered
47 Posts
How is Deadpool dumb anyways?
Well, for starters.. 1. He's an extrovert. 2. He's a Dominant Se (either an ESTP or an ESFP). I could probably mention some subjective adjectives too, like: Goofy/unserious, sucks at math, probably doesn't (know to) read, never thinks/plans his actions in advance or anticipate the actions of his opponents, never has a strategy, is spontaneous, too chatty/social, brags a lot about insignificant things that don't matter to intelligent people, he couldn't be less knowledgeable, his IQ seems below average.. should I go on? ^^ Lol

What Extraverted Sensing Does as the main function:

- focus: observing and acting on sensory data as it comes in
- engages directly with the external world as it exists in the present
- cultivated through complete physical involvement in tasks
- maintains a flexible response-ready approach to life (takes an action, observes immediate results, makes physical adjustments, acts again)
- values the ability and freedom to improvise (does not like to excessively plan/prepare as it decreases responsiveness)
- driven to seek the mental state of “flow” or being “in the zone"
- makes decisions based on immediate events or feedback
- defines true knowledge as concrete first-hand experience
- knows that being sensitive to the moment: 1) solves problems quickly before they spiral out of control, 2) simplifies issues that are needlessly complicated by overthinking, 3) provides a genuine appreciation for life by enjoying how it twists and turns, 4) reduces conflict by maximizing adaptability to new situations
- defines social relationships in terms of “doing” (experiencing and sharing activities together)
- brings energy and liveliness to social settings
- interprets social relationships through physical cues and expressions (will push and prod for such feedback if necessary)
- inspires others by being the focal point of people’s admiration
Se-doms are usually drawn to careers or interests that allow them to: get immediate feedback for their actions; build skills through hands-on practice in real life situations; work to exceed their own past performance and be “on top of their game”.

Weaknesses of Se Dominants: (from Se-Ni imbalances)

- have trouble grasping metaphorical, symbolic, or hidden meanings
- tend to overlook personal needs/priorities because of excessive attention paid to external events
- difficulty seeing that their actions have wider or longer term implications
- difficulty understanding that making good choices involves carefully examining what makes behaviors existentially meaningful and significant
- rely too much on external sources for mental/social satisfaction; often dislike being alone with themselves
- can appear impulsive, brash, or superficial to others
- easily bored, needing situations to move quickly with enough variety to hold their attention (restless)
- tend to challenge external limits or regulations (rebellious)
- change priorities as quickly as conditions change (unreliable)
- have trouble solving underlying or intractable problems; tend to avoid issues they do not understand, especially if unrelated to their skills or interests
- high pressure to be “in the zone” means they do not handle or tolerate feelings of anxiety or inadequacy very well
- difficulty seeing when they are overstimulated and close to exhaustion and have trouble developing a sense of their own limitations.

I personally tend to think he's an extraverted sensor and an extraverted feeler.. (ESTP). I already explained in my first reply why he's not an extraverted intuitive.. (ENTP/ENFP).
But I wouldn't find it hard to accept if he's actually an ESFP. That extraverted thinking would make him more efficient in dealing with and defeating his enemies.. Either way, his intuitive function is the last (4th).

·
Registered
47 Posts
"Deadpool is one of the dumbest marvel characters out there.. definitely not an NT!"
I wonder what you mean by that.
That said, welcome. I joined PerC in a similar 'rage' too:
I meant that Deadpool is (or his actions are) completely irrational and reckless.. which gave me an instant xSTP vibe. That poll really infuriated me.. which is the only reason I joined this forum. :) Thanks for welcoming though. ^^ Lol
@Stevester "I was like ''Finally someone gets it!'' then of course that part in bold had to reinforce the bullshit notion that N =smart S=stupid."

Well, Sensors focus on the present and past while Intuitives focus on the future. Sensors usually embrace facts as they are while Intuitives questions the validity of all the facts. Sensors are useful (at physical work) while Intuitives are essential (for mental work). Sensors change the present, Intuitives change the future. I could go on and on about this topic, but my point is that S = doers while N = thinkers. However it's more than N vs S. It's also T vs F. NFs seems to have a flawed logic so they appear kinda silly to me. I find it really hard to believe that INFxs have higher IQs than ENTxs.. due to their "F"(lawed) logic.

21 - 40 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.