Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that Helen Keller is on a lot of the celebrity lists of INFPs out there.. Are there by chance any others that you know of or think??

I found this to be very interesting as I am deaf/hearing impaired myself... I think there's a bit of a coorelation there, the deaf can be pretty isolated from the world at times and wind up being very internal, feeling, etc..

Whatcha think?

Sometimes I feel like I still would have had the same personality regardless, however, being hearing impaired seems to have enhanced it.. because I feel like I have very extreme INFP qualities in general.

Hmm..

·
Banned
3,764 Posts
I've never met any INFPs in real life that I'm aware of, but if someone's communication to the outside world is impaired in some way, it makes sense that their internal world would be overly developed. Introversion, Intuition, Feeling, and Perceiving all seem to be self-oriented functions. I also believe that our personality types are determined more by environmental factors than innate ones.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I don't have any experience with deaf INFPs, but I was once friends with a blind INFJ with some occasional P tendencies. The love of order was partly for convenience, since it made navigation easier, and it increased her sense of security when she planned things.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a moderate hearing loss and was actually wondering about a possible correlation too! I do believe my hearing loss has, in some ways, shaped who I am. I feel like I am good at reading people and I think that maybe it's because I have always had to read non-verbal cues to figure out what people are saying. I would say that maybe my hearing loss has made me more intuitive and adaptable? I'm close to the middle on a lot of the personality scales (except for N, I'm very strongly intuitive) but am closest to infp. It has probably made me more introverted as well because I've noticed that it has caused me to sometimes second guess what people are saying and unfortunately it can prevent me from being as outgoing. I would say that I'm more of an ambivert, but I have a really rich inner world and I process things in my head. Hmmm... It's interesting and I'm glad that someone else has thought about this too! :proud:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts