Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In all honesty I've never really liked having this constant strong Ji-dom. I mean feeling the need to cater to structure into whatever comes to avoid judgement or cater to the so many sensibilities/sentiments of many, it sometimes takes away and ruins the originality/creativity of things. Sometimes it causes you to overthink so much that you never get around to doing anything...

How to overcome/leave things as they are without feeling the need to control?

This is why I like spam world, it lets even you write out even the messiest stuff, ideas or jokes without needing to resort to that?

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Hm, if I am understanding you correctly, it can be tiring to try and make sense of everything. YES.
Constantly looking for the meaning or trying to relate something to something else to understand it.
Letting go and just accepting stuff at face value or not needing to make sense of it is difficult.
It's my understanding that Pi and Pe dom chalk stuff up to randomness more easily and don't need to frame it within some conceptual structure. It's almost like to accept randomness, it has to be accounted for within the conceptual model hahaha. Even emotions are dealt with this way (they are made sense of, subjugated to the rational ordering of feeling, given purpose) and it sometimes has made me wonder if I am not in fact Ti-dom, until I see other INFPs expressing the same experience.

I suppose integrating Ne more, not just using it in service of the Ji ego, can ease this tendency to "over think".

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So to share I was raised by somebody who was literally obsessed with 'Order'. Holding a strong and unwavering belief that perfection is never impossible, and even if you can't reach it to always go for it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is that really typical of INFP in particular? I am usually the one who doesn't understand it when others keep trying to over-structure, I assumed that's why I ended up scoring INFP and not INFJ...

I'm new to MBTI etc. so I apologize for my cluelessness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts