Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things are very seldom, if ever, what they seem in the work place. And I have yet to see anyone in a management position that is truely competent, and is actually fair. It's even worse in the non-profit sector where everyone pretends to care about the "mission" and the individual, when in reality, they all operate just like Wal-Mart. The search for a job where everyone can get passed the gossip and office politics and just be real and fair with each other continues, though I will probably never find a place where there is no office politics, surely there is a place where the superiors don't feel threatened by the ones working under them, and bring them down because of it. I just had my review and it was complete bullshit. And that's because my boss is an idiot, and very insecure. If anyone wants me to go into detail with it, I will, but I'm more curious to hear all of your experiences with this kind of stuff, and how you dealt with it. Also, this artical sums a lot of things up well, minus the working with the public/people part, I actually like that aspect, probably because I'm not fake (I refuse!), and get away with it, for the most part.

The GREATEST post about INFP CAREERS in the history of EVER | INFP Careers

Reactions: usherer

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I've just been through some drama these holidays... We sell organic foods and delicacies so needless to say, the holidays are a very important time of the year. I was ready to put in some extra effort, but i ended up calling in sick on the busiest saturday of the year because i hadn't slept for nearly a week due to some pretty heavy family stuff: my grandfather died and an uncle got checked into a care center because of dementia... he's only 52. This happened within the course of a few days and these men have been the most important male role models in my life, so i was pretty affected by it all, and i was actually physically sick because of it. I would have showed up if i could, but there was just no way i could work on a fucking market place in the freezing rain for 10-12 hours. But my boss would have none of it... he simply demanded that i came anyway. I tried to reason with him, but he just kept yelling at me to man up and take some aspirin. Eventually i just hung up the phone and put it on silent :-\

He's a pretty intense dude at times, but at the end of the day he's alright and i do understand his viewpoint. The guy works at least 80 hours a week, he's under a shitload of stress and he needs the extra holiday revenue to support his family. Me calling in sick was a disaster and i felt really shitty about it. But on the other hand, people do get sick and it's pretty unreasonable to yell at them for something they have no control over, especially under circumstances such as mine.

Oh well... i don't take it personally. I got an email the next day which said that i could take two weeks off, so after the initial emotional outburst my situation actually was taken into account. Today was my first day since, and everything seems to be cool again :shrug:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Poor management is the #1 cause of job turnover. Anybody in a leading position should have good interpersonal skills and great communication to effectively pass on relevant information. Both of these will lead to great decision making as well.

I left my car sales job because of the new management take over. Severe micro managing and poor decision making skills resulted in me being blamed for my superiors mistakes. On the plus side, when one door closes another window opens. I got a sweet job serving at an upscale downtown restaurant, and I'm enrolled in an HR program at my local university and planning on doing a bachelor of commerce.

Don't let shitty people drag you down. When enough people quit because of poor management, it reflects on the leading manager. Their superiors will notice and action will be taken to prevent any more profit loss from the loss of a trained employee.

I'd love to hear more details on your situation :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've just been through some drama these holidays... We sell organic foods and delicacies so needless to say, the holidays are a very important time of the year. I was ready to put in some extra effort, but i ended up calling in sick on the busiest saturday of the year because i hadn't slept for nearly a week due to some pretty heavy family stuff: my grandfather died and an uncle got checked into a care center because of dementia... he's only 52. This happened within the course of a few days and these men have been the most important male role models in my life, so i was pretty affected by it all, and i was actually physically sick because of it. I would have showed up if i could, but there was just no way i could work on a fucking market place in the freezing rain for 10-12 hours. But my boss would have none of it... he simply demanded that i came anyway. I tried to reason with him, but he just kept yelling at me to man up and take some aspirin. Eventually i just hung up the phone and put it on silent :-\

He's a pretty intense dude at times, but at the end of the day he's alright and i do understand his viewpoint. The guy works at least 80 hours a week, he's under a shitload of stress and he needs the extra holiday revenue to support his family. Me calling in sick was a disaster and i felt really shitty about it. But on the other hand, people do get sick and it's pretty unreasonable to yell at them for something they have no control over, especially under circumstances such as mine.

Oh well... i don't take it personally. I got an email the next day which said that i could take two weeks off, so after the initial emotional outburst my situation actually was taken into account. Today was my first day since, and everything seems to be cool again :shrug:
Something tells me your supervisor got the message. Sorry about your grandfather and uncle. :sad:

Reactions: Cephalonimbus

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Poor management is the #1 cause of job turnover. Anybody in a leading position should have good interpersonal skills and great communication to effectively pass on relevant information. Both of these will lead to great decision making as well.

I left my car sales job because of the new management take over. Severe micro managing and poor decision making skills resulted in me being blamed for my superiors mistakes. On the plus side, when one door closes another window opens. I got a sweet job serving at an upscale downtown restaurant, and I'm enrolled in an HR program at my local university and planning on doing a bachelor of commerce.

Don't let shitty people drag you down. When enough people quit because of poor management, it reflects on the leading manager. Their superiors will notice and action will be taken to prevent any more profit loss from the loss of a trained employee.

I'd love to hear more details on your situation :)
Good to hear that you found a better job!
I don't mind incompetence, just as long as it's not coupled with unwarranted confidence (arrogance).
That's my boss, basically. It's like, "How can you be so confident? You suck at everything!"

I get a grading scale on my reviews: 1 to 4. 4 being excellent, 3 being satifactory, 2 means you need improvement, and 1 means you suck. He gave me all ones and twos! Why? Because he's an idiot! I work at a group home for emotionally disturbed teenage boys who are also adjudicated delinquent. My approach, from which I learned from my degree and know within myself is that most of these boys are the way they are because their parents suck. These kids grew up thinking that no one loves them and that they can't trust anyone. Being aware of this, I use the democratic appraoch: firm, but flexable. I never talk down to them, I never make them follow rules that don't make sense, and I never raise my voice unless I feel someone's life is in danger, which only happened once, and everyone stifled. They know I mean business, but they also know that they can trust me, they can talk to me about their problems. This is what these kids need. My boss, not so much. My boss thinks because I'm too "soft spoken" (I speak in monotone on purpose, that's crises management 101!) and am "not confident", he doesn't feel like I'm experienced enough and is thinking about taking me off the day shift. He just doesn't get it. His style (If you could call it that) is appaerntly authoritarian, which is proven to be far less effective. My boss is obviously very insecure underneath it all, and takes it personal when people and kids alike don't listen to him. He reacts by raising his voice and liberally gives out consequences. He doesn't get that fear of consequences and respect are not the same thing. He also downgraded me on stuff that he never showed me, like house cleaning kind of stuff. It's stuff that no one would know unless they are shown it! None of this was ever addressed to me before either. I reasoned my side to him, and he basically rolled over on all of it, but he didn't change anything. I still look like shit on paper. I pretty much got shit on because he sucks. How is that fair? I brought this up with my shift partner, and he also thought that was complete garbage. He told me he thinks I'm doing just fine. I am baffled how he got into any kind of management position. He is terrible! I love my job, but I hate my boss. The group home I work at recently got taken over by a bigger organization. If something doesn't change within the next few months, I'm gonna go job searching somewhere else. I really feel bad about it too because I've grown strong bonds with the kids.

Reactions: peterbreter

·
Registered
778 Posts
Good to hear that you found a better job!
I don't mind incompetence, just as long as it's not coupled with unwarranted confidence (arrogance).
That's my boss, basically. It's like, "How can you be so confident? You suck at everything!"

I get a grading scale on my reviews: 1 to 4. 4 being excellent, 3 being satifactory, 2 means you need improvement, and 1 means you suck. He gave me all ones and twos! Why? Because he's an idiot! I work at a group home for emotionally disturbed teenage boys who are also adjudicated delinquent. My approach, from which I learned from my degree and know within myself is that most of these boys are the way they are because their parents suck. These kids grew up thinking that no one loves them and that they can't trust anyone. Being aware of this, I use the democratic appraoch: firm, but flexable. I never talk down to them, I never make them follow rules that don't make sense, and I never raise my voice unless I feel someone's life is in danger, which only happened once, and everyone stifled. They know I mean business, but they also know that they can trust me, they can talk to me about their problems. This is what these kids need. My boss, not so much. My boss thinks because I'm too "soft spoken" (I speak in monotone on purpose, that's crises management 101!) and am "not confident", he doesn't feel like I'm experienced enough and is thinking about taking me off the day shift. He just doesn't get it. His style (If you could call it that) is appaerntly authoritarian, which is proven to be far less effective. My boss is obviously very insecure underneath it all, and takes it personal when people and kids alike don't listen to him. He reacts by raising his voice and liberally gives out consequences. He doesn't get that fear of consequences and respect are not the same thing. He also downgraded me on stuff that he never showed me, like house cleaning kind of stuff. It's stuff that no one would know unless they are shown it! None of this was ever addressed to me before either. I reasoned my side to him, and he basically rolled over on all of it, but he didn't change anything. I still look like shit on paper. I pretty much got shit on because he sucks. How is that fair? I brought this up with my shift partner, and he also thought that was complete garbage. He told me he thinks I'm doing just fine. I am baffled how he got into any kind of management position. He is terrible! I love my job, but I hate my boss. The group home I work at recently got taken over by a bigger organization. If something doesn't change within the next few months, I'm gonna go job searching somewhere else. I really feel bad about it too because I've grown strong bonds with the kids.

My best friend works for a group home. Dealing with Management can be tough. She does it in a small town so the age range of clients is 19-50. All of them have some sort of disorder ranging from autism to down syndrome. Her Manager wrote her up because one of her clients was up at 11pm and watching the TV with her instead of sleeping. She just doesn't think it makes sense to make a grown person, regardless of their disability, go to bed if they want to sit and watch TV with her. She's fed up with them. She makes shit money and had to move back in with her parents because she can't support herself due to the high cost of living where she is. The managers leave her with all the cleaning and shit tasks and get pissed off if they have to do any laundry, or if she does it and leaves it unfolded in a hamper. They make almost double what she does and they give her the shit work that they don't want to do. Then she works her ass off and gets written up by the jerks for such insignificant things.

I don't know why these people think that authoritarian methods are the best. She had all her clients go to their families for Christmas, except for one. They said she wasn't allowed to give him a Christmas gift... How heartless. She did anyways, but still. What a bunch of jerks. I think group hiomes need compassionate workers, not authoritarian power dominant a$$holes.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My best friend works for a group home. Dealing with Management can be tough. She does it in a small town so the age range of clients is 19-50. All of them have some sort of disorder ranging from autism to down syndrome. Her Manager wrote her up because one of her clients was up at 11pm and watching the TV with her instead of sleeping. She just doesn't think it makes sense to make a grown person, regardless of their disability, go to bed if they want to sit and watch TV with her. She's fed up with them. She makes shit money and had to move back in with her parents because she can't support herself due to the high cost of living where she is. The managers leave her with all the cleaning and shit tasks and get pissed off if they have to do any laundry, or if she does it and leaves it unfolded in a hamper. They make almost double what she does and they give her the shit work that they don't want to do. Then she works her ass off and gets written up by the jerks for such insignificant things.

I don't know why these people think that authoritarian methods are the best. She had all her clients go to their families for Christmas, except for one. They said she wasn't allowed to give him a Christmas gift... How heartless. She did anyways, but still. What a bunch of jerks. I think group hiomes need compassionate workers, not authoritarian power dominant a$$holes.
Sounds like this kind of thing is common in group homes. Thanks for sharing. It definitely adds perspective.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Laurence Peter wrote a book in the 60s called The Peter Principle. The Peter Principle states that in organizations, people who advance tend to advance until they reach their level of incompetence and this is where they stay.

I worked for a company that was actually pretty good in a lot of ways. People were mostly smart, mostly sophisticated practitioners of management AND leadership, mostly fair. But if you are not "playing the game" (something this INFP hates to do) you still get screwed once in a while. Sometimes it ends up on your permanent record. There was the manager who always got other people to do her dirty work when it came to performance feedback. She forced me to give a very negative performance evaluation to a young associate that I did not think was deserved. Then she got another person to do the same thing to me. All I did was bend a rule to ensure that my client was happy and it got me written up, punished, and sent to remedial training on the process I authored. Insulting. Then there was the manager who tried to intimidate me by showing me an email he was going to send to the big boss blaming me for the failure of an entire account when I had been asked to come on to the team and save the account. It was a really fucked up relationship and I was not empowered to make any decisions yet I was the one blamed for us losing the account. I worked on it for about two weeks. Every time a manager pulls shit like that or worse, I lose respect for all people in authority. I can't help it. This has always been an issue in my life. After a twenty plus year career in the corporate world I am glad to be out of it even though one of the managers I now work for, a friend, yells and swears and threatens to write everybody up for things they didn't know they were supposed to know because he never communicated them. It's endemic. I just try to let it roll off my back, but it affects me deeply, creates stress, and ultimately makes me physically ill. What can I do? I need a job like most other people. One thing I do is laugh at the sheer incompetence and ignorance among those in authority in the workplace.

The Peter Principle appears to me to be a fundamental law of human ecology.

·
Banned
3,960 Posts
Sometimes I can also see that infamous ripples effect too. Someone made a bad choice somewhere else, not inform any other departments and let them take the BS... I always guarded my IT dept's boundary pretty well, until BS comes flying through and then everybody lies. Just cos some idiot BS person who was put in charge made a bad decision elsewhere without knowing its effect and others go and clean it up as best they could , without being fired of course. As I support a financial system, IT always ALWAYS get the blame for financial errors. Lots of people complain and moan that it is the literal system's fault. But nobody or fairly rarely anyone goes back in the root cause and its chain to check who created the cause and effect that ripples to the end user. When you see "consultants" hired from outside into the company, it is cos they can become the scapegoat basically of all company ills and errors previously before them. I've also come to accept that the IT dept should be named as the "scapegoat dept" which is almost a given. When the poo hit the fan, stay away, never take up the slack, cos in a place where fallout had been already, and that is why those jobs are available, unless you manage to build back up the relationships and maintain a little bit of harmony, and only if the other people wants to as well. Then most often than not, there shall be continous fall out and antagonism and so forth.

In my last company, I saw that I was stepping into an aftermath fallout. There were antagonisms that still exist. People were catty to the high degree. Cos I realised how they played the game and who took who out and so forth. I could see who was trying to build which empire. I did not respond and play it to their rules. I did things my way, and then I took the hit. i.e. absorb the shock, in order to reduce the ripple... and hope that those others who remain can see the effect I left them with. The CIO mentioned that everybody has to let go of the ego and so forth. Cos frankly, he is arrogant to say that when others have been fired and rehired for their own jobs and a lot of people were made redundant. He realises SOME things but doesn't realise OTHER things. He had no idea who was holding the fought and keeping things from falling apart together. Apparently because of the high turnover of non-experienced IT staff into those roles, really bad decisions were made, and nobody had any ideas of how to better it. It took them an awful long time to get where they are today and make some decent decisions. When I said certain things, they thought I was arrogant, cos it went against the grain. I even found out some people stalked my linkedin to check my credentials too. So I went and stalked and checked theirs too.

To know the nature of your business is very important imho... It really is. If you are not the expert in that field, then you got to be humble and listen to others....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To know the nature of your business is very important imho... It really is. If you are not the expert in that field, then you got to be humble and listen to others....
And that's what still baffles me about working in the non-profit sector. There shouldn't be a nature of business. We are here to help people! And that's the only reason I'm continuing my education: so I can get a higher position, so I don't have to take orders from too many idiots. Incompetence and sweeping huge f-ups under the rug is always going to be in management, at least I'll have somewhat of of voice, though.

·
Banned
3,960 Posts
And that's what still baffles me about working in the non-profit sector. There shouldn't be a nature of business. We are here to help people! And that's the only reason I'm continuing my education: so I can get a higher position, so I don't have to take orders from too many idiots. Incompetence and sweeping huge f-ups under the rug is always going to be in management, at least I'll have somewhat of of voice, though.
No, it does not mean that at all. When you get to a certain level, you will realise what is the ripples effect and why. For those who have lived through them, and managed to ride the waves, will allow you to truly comprehend why it happens and what happens. I guess if one is mature, then even if you cannot stop it, you can either pre-empt it from happening, or that you can reduce the effect of the ripples. When I crashed hugely from my previous job, I come to realise that, it isn't the people sometimes it is the system. Good people do not turn bad necessarily, but it is bad effect, and accumulation of chaos, causes big huge waves to roll across an organisation. So, in those kind of chaotic situation, what is the point to bicker amongst yourselves any way ? What is the point ?

Any organisation profit or non-profit will have a structure. You just have to follow the structure, and its working method, that is all. I mean.. with the non-profit sector, cos you are taking free money, of course you got to be seen to be shown that you are putting it to good use. Maybe it will benefit you to understand how money comes into the entity and how it goes out, cos if you understand this, then you will appreciate truly why certain things have to exist and it has to work that way.

Knowledge is power. Power come great responsibilities. Responsibilities come respect.

I am not a techie and I used to cry buckets when I realised how horrible coders can be, but then when I realised how irrational some people can indeed come across and be pushy, even though they are not the technical personnel, then I came to realise the possible cause of conflicts, and if it is my role, I try to bridge gaps where I can. I think other people will appreciate you so much more, if you knew their role and you knew your role and then you all jump together if need be.

To be honest, I think you need to disassociate the organisational culture to "business". "Business" in its strictest sense means selling and buying, and meeting deadlines to earn a profit. Not just a hierarchical structure. If that makes sense. It is not bureaucracy. Or politics. Non-profits do not earn money. It takes free money, and then they have to find ways to spend it. But the rules on how they spend it, has to be checked strictly, depending on the nature of the reason of the entity. (I learnt that in a finance course. It is true.) So, the stakeholder/Finance manager who has to spend the budget towards good causes, HAS to find the best maximal way to spend the money which will gain its best and optimal effect in helping the cause that it stands for. Basically. If the finance manager is a good one and has industry exposures, then I think he should plant seeds, which grows into trees and it sustains itself. Not just to ... buy cut flowers, and continually keepon buying cut flowers which wastes money, for example. That is the best analogy I can think of.

Oh, to summarise, I am telling you this is because, more often than not, when there are conflicts, it is because certain rules or regulations are adhered to, or someone is trying to earn the best optimal impact in one form or another. I can often read between the lines and realise the actual optimal picture.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, it does not mean that at all. When you get to a certain level, you will realise what is the ripples effect and why. For those who have lived through them, and managed to ride the waves, will allow you to truly comprehend why it happens and what happens. I guess if one is mature, then even if you cannot stop it, you can either pre-empt it from happening, or that you can reduce the effect of the ripples. When I crashed hugely from my previous job, I come to realise that, it isn't the people sometimes it is the system. Good people do not turn bad necessarily, but it is bad effect, and accumulation of chaos, causes big huge waves to roll across an organisation. So, in those kind of chaotic situation, what is the point to bicker amongst yourselves any way ? What is the point ?

Any organisation profit or non-profit will have a structure. You just have to follow the structure, and its working method, that is all. I mean.. with the non-profit sector, cos you are taking free money, of course you got to be seen to be shown that you are putting it to good use. Maybe it will benefit you to understand how money comes into the entity and how it goes out, cos if you understand this, then you will appreciate truly why certain things have to exist and it has to work that way.

Knowledge is power. Power come great responsibilities. Responsibilities come respect.

I am not a techie and I used to cry buckets when I realised how horrible coders can be, but then when I realised how irrational some people can indeed come across and be pushy, even though they are not the technical personnel, then I came to realise the possible cause of conflicts, and if it is my role, I try to bridge gaps where I can. I think other people will appreciate you so much more, if you knew their role and you knew your role and then you all jump together if need be.

To be honest, I think you need to disassociate the organisational culture to "business". "Business" in its strictest sense means selling and buying, and meeting deadlines to earn a profit. Not just a hierarchical structure. If that makes sense. It is not bureaucracy. Or politics. Non-profits do not earn money. It takes free money, and then they have to find ways to spend it. But the rules on how they spend it, has to be checked strictly, depending on the nature of the reason of the entity. (I learnt that in a finance course. It is true.) So, the stakeholder/Finance manager who has to spend the budget towards good causes, HAS to find the best maximal way to spend the money which will gain its best and optimal effect in helping the cause that it stands for. Basically. If the finance manager is a good one and has industry exposures, then I think he should plant seeds, which grows into trees and it sustains itself. Not just to ... buy cut flowers, and continually keepon buying cut flowers which wastes money, for example. That is the best analogy I can think of.

Oh, to summarise, I am telling you this is because, more often than not, when there are conflicts, it is because certain rules or regulations are adhered to, or someone is trying to earn the best optimal impact in one form or another. I can often read between the lines and realise the actual optimal picture.
Agreed, but I think I need to clarify: when someone administers meds to the wrong people on multiple occasions, and instead of calling the doctor, the clients are instructed to puke, and nothing gets done about it, no incident report, nothing, that's what I mean by sweeping it under the rug. When a kid gets molested because the person working at the time (same person btw) wasn't supervising properly, and falsifies an incident report, with the supervisor knowing because they don't want to get cited, that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about.
As for nature of the business, I get the whole "we need to put good use to our money" principle, but there's a difference in making it look like you're putting money to good use in order to please the share holders, and actually putting it to good use to actually, truely serve the mission you claim to stand for.

·
Banned
3,960 Posts
Agreed, but I think I need to clarify: when someone administers meds to the wrong people on multiple occasions, and instead of calling the doctor, the clients are instructed to puke, and nothing gets done about it, no incident report, nothing, that's what I mean by sweeping it under the rug. When a kid gets molested because the person working at the time (same person btw) wasn't supervising properly, and falsifies an incident report, with the supervisor knowing because they don't want to get cited, that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about.
As for nature of the business, I get the whole "we need to put good use to our money" principle, but there's a difference in making it look like you're putting money to good use in order to please the share holders, and actually putting it to good use to actually, truely serve the mission you claim to stand for.
Point 1 - This is not called sweeping under the carpet, this is malpractice. So, if this is pretty important and that it can cost the non-profit to be sued in any way or actually for their reputation to go down too. Then as an employee you can "whistle blow". I did not know what this meant before, but you can. Even in the nursing industry, if a nurse wrongly administer the drugs, then they would be sacked basically or held off from administering drugs to patients. As an INFP, even I have come under situation whereby I couldn't get my colleague sacked, so instead, I did the work to cover for them. But this is something that one has to make a judgment call on. I mean, your example sounded even MORE serious.

Point 2 - Okay, so if this kid gets molested, and unless you get proof to out this person, or indeed again, whistle blow. Then it is indeed worth sending info for an investigation via a newspaper (this is the format here in the UK)... say. If you knew and you do not do anything, then nothing happens.

Point 3 - Well, shareholders and non-profit is not the same. If a company has gone onto the stock market, their ultimate goal is obviously to make more money. I mean, the method of execution could be more humane, or more easy on employees. It depends on the company. Not all of them are run like machines against humans. From how you wrote, I think we are in agreement somewhat. You seemed to have paraphrased what I wrote.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Point 1 - This is not called sweeping under the carpet, this is malpractice. So, if this is pretty important and that it can cost the non-profit to be sued in any way or actually for their reputation to go down too. Then as an employee you can "whistle blow". I did not know what this meant before, but you can. Even in the nursing industry, if a nurse wrongly administer the drugs, then they would be sacked basically or held off from administering drugs to patients. As an INFP, even I have come under situation whereby I couldn't get my colleague sacked, so instead, I did the work to cover for them. But this is something that one has to make a judgment call on. I mean, your example sounded even MORE serious.

Point 2 - Okay, so if this kid gets molested, and unless you get proof to out this person, or indeed again, whistle blow. Then it is indeed worth sending info for an investigation via a newspaper (this is the format here in the UK)... say. If you knew and you do not do anything, then nothing happens.

Point 3 - Well, shareholders and non-profit is not the same. If a company has gone onto the stock market, their ultimate goal is obviously to make more money. I mean, the method of execution could be more humane, or more easy on employees. It depends on the company. Not all of them are run like machines against humans. From how you wrote, I think we are in agreement somewhat. You seemed to have paraphrased what I wrote.
Response to 1: Well, malpractice and sweeping it under the rug. They didn't want the county to know about it, they did end up filing an incident report, after somone said something. but left out the making the residents puke part. I think I'm going to start documenting things I see that are totally wrong. And when I leave for another job, I might release the happenings. I would be going over my boss' head if I did it right now, which is a big no no.

Response to 2: The incident is under trial right now, the defendent is claiming she didn't "hear anything" odd going on while she was sitting down watching t.v. I'd send it to you, but I still work there...

3: Well, the "non-profit" organization I worked for (the one I got canned from) was privately funded. Maybe shareholder is not the right word... It's the word they used... They were trying to recruit as many kids as possible, kids that shouldn't be there. They were going for quantity because it looked good instead of actually seeing if what they were doing was working. And the programs they ran, for the most part, were terrible. From my observation, it was a mess. Kids who actually benefited from our services weren't because all of our, mainly my, attention was focusing on all the kids who shouldn't be there from killing each other, or bullying the other kids. I was very outspoken about this, and I'm wondering if that is really why I got fired from there. I later found out that that organization, or better put, local branch, had a reputation for staff not doing anything about kids being bullied. Funny, the INFP staff was the outspoken one breaking up fights, while all the other staff didn't do much about it, or better put, waited for me to react. how's that for stereotypes? I learned to forgive and let go of all those negative feelings I had toward that. I had a feeling they weren't happy with what I was doing there, though they didn't tell me even when I asked my boss there about it. I forgave myself for ignoring my intuition. Same kind of situation here at the group home: no one here wants to change, if I'm not careful, I'm going to end up being canned again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.