Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you react and respond if someone you know criticized your personality or character for whatever reason?

I try to see to determine why they think the way they do before I respond, because it could either be 1) a misunderstanding, 2) a vendetta against me, 3) A careless remark by an asshole, or 4) a valid criticism that is intended to help me.

If 1, I would try to correct them. If 2, I would probably argue with them. If 3, I would roll my eyes and walk away (or attempt to humiliate them). If 4, I would ask them to elaborate and explain how I could be better.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
If it is my character they are criticizing, I'll probably get annoyed. My integrity is important to me, and for someone to suggest it is lacking would make me angry.

If it is my personality they are criticizing, they can f*ck off. I am who I am. I treat others with respect and accept them for all their quirks and differences. If they can't accept mine, that is their issue.

:)

·
Registered
291 Posts
If the criticism is incorrect, I attempt to correct it. If the criticism is correct, and bears importance, then Fi feels bad for a bit and then Te lashes Fi for being childish until it gets pissed off and motivates me to fix it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If someone wants me to treat them differently, for example use softer words to communicate, then I am happy to oblige. But as for criticizing me, who the hell cares? I want to know what they need from me in order to have a better relationship - it's about their needs, not about me. I don't want to hear their opinion of my character or personality. Because it doesn't matter to me. And it shouldn't.

So in terms of criticism I would probably just frown and walk away and mutter, "idiot".

Reactions: BeanDelphiki

·
Registered
36 Posts
I encountered some very stupid remarks about me from my former seniors like I don't know how to manage time well, that I cannot multitasking. I was pissed off...& I found them ridiculous. First thing that came up in my mind was "who the hell do you think you are to give me such comments? Those that are much more intelligent than you are & have much higher status & credibility than you are give totally opposite comments. U'd better have IQ test or fMRI scan before giving such stupid comments".

I find it damn funny because they told me opposite of beliefs I hold about myself. More correctly, I can put it this way their comments are opposite of truth :crazy::crazy:

She should have given it a 2nd thought why I was recruited to do her job while she was on leave while she is 5 years older than me :-j

But I am well-aware that some people project their own short-comings on others (psy problem lolz) because they cannot accept the truth *poor them*

I can accept & always welcome comments & recommendation on how to improve myself. But if someone tries to demotivate me by stupid criticism then she can forget about it. My self-confident won't be destroyed by those stupid people..

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm not that bothered by others opinions of me, only the girl staring back in the mirror. I'd either take what I can out of their criticism or at worst I just end up feeling misunderstood, either way I would re-evaluate my relation with them. I don't like nags and criticisers, they tend to be in reality unintelligent and just annoying, the opposite of what they think they are.
'Sweep first before your own door, before you sweep the doorsteps of your neighbors.'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts