Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately when things become tense and when conflict arises between the people I work with, I can't stomach it. I used to deal with it fine when I was younger, and I still handle things decently when the tension arises from a situation that I am partially at fault for (in fact, sometimes I present myself as perfectly blank faced, perhaps a bit stern when I know there's tension between me and someone else, but really I'll be basking in the sweet, glorious warmth of their obvious discomfort.)

I tend to either snap and suggest we just handle the task at hand, or I just leave for a few minutes. I don't know when or why I started doing this, but I reckon I should go back to being able to silently work in fucking stupidly tense environments instead of throwing a bitch fit. Any tips?

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
Almost sounds like more your place of work is going through some tense times, rather than you forgot how to deal with tension. Just my Ni speaking.

As for tension...I find perspective helps. Take a walk through a strange neighborhood, read about some people living on the other side of the world, give your Fe more information to chew on. Adopt an attitude of "whatever happens here, my life will go on and be just fine for it".

When dealing with tense people, do your best not to be affected by their emotions. Stay calm and rational. You can try humor, too, if you think it'll be taken well. But don't bottle up your own feelings--be sure to let them out constructively after you're away from the tense situation.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Tension is a bitch, i always try to stay extremely active whether physically or mentally and it seems that helps me get through it. Also playing a musical instrument is a great way to relieve tension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts