Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do different MBTI types react when faced with conflict?
I personally don't do shouting and violent curse words. I have an intense need to get away and that's what I do. I like properly discussing a situation and reaching a meaningful resolution; without getting too personal.

Which type is drawn too conflict the most? and which type tries to avoid it the most in your opinion?

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
I think the smarter ones realize that the MBTI type is just an in-comprehensive model that is useful to a point, and realize that the real conflict you need to worry about is the one with yourself when you start confusing a model with reality or your identity.

And if you start thinking that 7 billion 'people', who are in turn made up of billions of internal processes, and connected to each other in continually changing and developing networks, in a 'reality' that is itself in effect complete chaos that keeps re-inventing itself... If you think THAT can be fit neatly into 16 different boxes with ready made 'solutions' to generic 'conflicts', then you will be guaranteed violence and conflict. Because anybody with a brain will violently smash that illusion and cause a conflict within You.

Good luck and have fun.

;)

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
INTPs avoid conflict when it shifts from being objective to subjective, however we often ask rather instigating questions. Thus we often unintentionally start conflict then try to back out right away lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the smarter ones realize that the MBTI type is just an in-comprehensive model that is useful to a point, and realize that the real conflict you need to worry about is the one with yourself when you start confusing a model with reality or your identity.

And if you start thinking that 7 billion 'people', who are in turn made up of billions of internal processes, and connected to each other in continually changing and developing networks, in a 'reality' that is itself in effect complete chaos that keeps re-inventing itself... If you think THAT can be fit neatly into 16 different boxes with ready made 'solutions' to generic 'conflicts', then you will be guaranteed violence and conflict. Because anybody with a brain will violently smash that illusion and cause a conflict within You.

Good luck and have fun.

;)
I completely agree. This is one of the issues I sort of have with MBTI. Honesty I am interested in psychology and came upon this theory a while a go. I don't consider it as something set in stone since all of us are different and I don't use it to define my identity. I like to explore and studying this theory is just a way for me to understand and explore people.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts

Good luck and have fun.

;)

·
Registered
503 Posts
How do different MBTI types react when faced with conflict?
I personally don't do shouting and violent curse words. I have an intense need to get away and that's what I do. I like properly discussing a situation and reaching a meaningful resolution; without getting too personal.

Which type is drawn too conflict the most? and which type tries to avoid it the most in your opinion?
That depends if you are strong or not so you are ready to escalate the confrontation - not on MBTI.

So maybe, the right question is how MBTI relates to physical build.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
That depends if you are strong or not so you are ready to escalate the confrontation - not on MBTI.

So maybe, the right question is how MBTI relates to physical build.
Bullshit. I've got two cousins (brother and sister) who used to start shit weekly and get their arses kicked frequently. It made sense when there was someone with them that could cover their arse's but usually it was just them. They're both cheeky and live in a rough neighbourhood. Surefire way to get your arse kicked. The girl is small at 5'7" and maybe a 120 lbs and her fighting skill is limited to legging it (running). The guy... usually too drunk to do anything about getting is arse kicked. He's a pretty boy with a medium build.

Physical build has little to do with instigating confrontation. I've seen plenty of people get into fights that by all rights, probably shouldn't. More swagger than brains.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Bullshit. I've got two cousins (brother and sister) who used to start shit weekly and get their arses kicked frequently. It made sense when there was someone with them that could cover their arse's but usually it was just them. They're both cheeky and live in a rough neighbourhood. Surefire way to get your arse kicked. The girl is small at 5'7" and maybe a 120 lbs and her fighting skill is limited to legging it (running). The guy... usually too drunk to do anything about getting is arse kicked. He's a pretty boy with a medium build.

Physical build has little to do with instigating confrontation. I've seen plenty of people get into fights that by all rights, probably shouldn't. More swagger than brains.
I was thinking about people with an IQ superior to that of an amoeba.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
I was thinking about people with an IQ superior to that of an amoeba.
Awww, don't be like that. People who know better do stupid shit all the time. :laughing:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts