Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you wake up and think to yourself "Damn, I'm awesome" or "Damn! I'm good looking" Or somthing similar?

If so, raise your hand.
Then proceed to tell us exactly what you do to keep your Ego from deflating and sinking into depression.

Really, I'm just wondering if this is at all normal... and healthy behavior.... by asking a bunch of ENTPs? wait... this makes sense... I promise... somehow... maybe... err... lolwut?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I wake up saying, "Fuck, another day in this scheduled, rigid, merciless, world."

Though there are days I do that. Most of the time, it's the above statement.

I learned to live with depression. All I have to say to myself is, "here comes the drop again...I will live through this."

Perhaps this may help you?

·
Registered
733 Posts
The following are my common first thoughts as I wake up:

"Fuck. I don't want to go to work. There must be an easier way to make money."
"Fuck. I don't want to go to school. That hot girl doesn't even go to that class anymore"
"Fu- Oh, it's only 3:00 am. more sleep!"
"Who the fuck is calling me at 6:00 a.m.!!"
"aaaww shit. I have to go the bathroom but I don't want to get up..."
"... ... ... fucking awesome night..."

·
Banned
998 Posts
Not IMMEDIATELY when I wake up ... usually takes about five minutes, but then I remember that I'm fuckin awesome. I have a pretty good situation where I get coffee brought to my bed every morning. That usually does it for me. Once I get my coffee I'm set for the next few hours until I get coffee number 2. I go through about 3 cups of coffee per day. 5 if the days is rough. Never more than 5 though. Wait what was this thread about again?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
If I wake up feeling that way I have gotten used to preparing myself for the opposite sort of day.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well I don't really think this is how it goes. I wake up ... lay in bed some more, don't think about anything if I have a day off. If I don't, I curse the day that man invented routine and I get all cranky because I have to go to work or school. When my brain start to function I start thinking what I should do today...or think about some random stuff or personal interest that cought my eye.
I never really thought that I'm so awesome and beautiful. But I am glad that I am the way I am and have my personal believe that I can do almost everything. I must admit that sometimes I have my moments when I think I understand things better then others and that makes me feel awesome lol.
I think that person who constantly thinks that he/she's so awesome has some personal issues that even they might not know about. And once they realise that, they might fall into some sort of depression. By the way...people with biggest ego that I know really have quite low self-esteem and need to tell themselves how awesome they are because they'd be hurt otherwise. (I know that because people like to tell me stuff about their personal life and feelings...I dunno why).

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Well one time I woke up and wondered whos body I was looking at, that was pretty weird. Most mornings I wake up and wonder where I am then work it out and get up (my mind doesn't function in a memorable way until I've had breakfast)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
A weekly look at my thoughts upon waking:
Fuck, I'm not dead- sunday
Shit.....I fucking hate reality - monday
This sucks, - tuesday
Fuck, shouldn't there be a chick next to me? - wednesday
Oh fuck, was that a dream? - thursday
Fuck, I got to be awesome....again...today.... - friday
Oh hecks yeah, that wasn't a dream, I am that awesome. - saturday
God damn, I can't wait to get the fuck out of here - saturday (if it was boring)

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
A weekly look at my thoughts upon waking:
Fuck, I'm not dead- sunday
Shit.....I fucking hate reality - monday
This sucks, - tuesday
Fuck, shouldn't there be a chick next to me? - wednesday
Oh fuck, was that a dream? - thursday
Fuck, I got to be awesome....again...today.... - friday
Oh hecks yeah, that wasn't a dream, I am that awesome. - saturday
God damn, I can't wait to get the fuck out of here - saturday (if it was boring)
Oh dreams can be really fun! I got told to wake up when having a dream and woke up screaming!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
i raise my hand, then what?

·
Registered
483 Posts
When I get up, I roll my eyes. I have also rolled my eyes during sleep. Knowing that I have to wake up and get to school is very, very annoying. I actually have to say to myself (as stupid as it sounds) "You wouldn't get anywhere by lying around. How else would you get stinking rich if you don't get up and do stuff?"
And also, did I tell you that my mind starts wandering from one thing to the other as soon as I wake up? I soon have a song running through my head, thinking again of what someone said the other day, how the food last night tasted and how I forgot to brush before I sleep. It is merciless, I tell you.

·
Banned
492 Posts
My mornings are filled with hopelessness and depression. Worst time of the FUCKING day...well, its not the morning i hate, its the waking up to the responsibilities of life, knowing that 90%of what i will do today is completely useless and makes no logical sense for the psychological health of a human being.

fuckin alarm clock can suck my dick

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
When I wake up I usually roll off the bed (not a morning person), but other than that, days are slightly unpredictable.

·
Banned
627 Posts
you make feel vulnerable and "horny", but I will do my best to hide it in person (to avoid feeling stupid; rejection from an enxp is the worst...any other mbti personality, it's just a shrug and look to see what else life brings about)

·
Registered
651 Posts
My reactions are generally dependent on how much sleep I got the night before. 6-7 hours and I feel great (full-body stretch implies this), anything less than that though will incite curses to the past me.

I don't pull out the "Oh damn, you've got this" card until after I walk past a mirror.. LOL

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
-wakes up- *moans* -goes back to sleep-
-is dragged out of bed-
-thinks up of ways to destroy said obligation and kill everyone having to do with it-
*feeds fish*

during no point do I consider my own physical self or spiritual being to consider whether I am awesome or not.

1,237 Posts
I wake up thinking about the epic adventure in my dream the night before, actually.
I then spend the next half an hour coming up with an entire plot-line based on that adventure, and consequently end up late for my train.

About two hours later, I finally notice myself, and think 'I'm doing alright today'.

Complete blissful ignorance of my own self keeps me happy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts