Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can people with the NT type usually sing or play instruments well?

I was wondering becuase i really want to learn how to play my acoustic and eventually learn how to sing like that awesome guy from coldplay (lol i dunno his name but damn does he sing great ;)) The chicks would digg it and now who woudn't agree that would be as epic as a flying donkey or whatever!?

Lol just joking around, but seriously though i think that the artistic game is really something for the SF/NF types since their feeling side comes out with way much more flow then with my fellow NT brothers and sisters. I really think it would be a shame to presume that NTs with a inferior feeling function can't perform as well in that area so i've thinked for awhile and decided to learn how to sing and play the guitarr with as much soul as possible :wink: lol that'll show them lads ;)

So anyways what do you guys know about this??

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
My Dad is an ENTJ who plays guitar and he can sing too, but he doesn't usually sing around people. He's not one to move around and get into to the music. When he plays, he usually sits steadily and gets this weird "day dreaming" look on his face.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
My profile video is of my piano playing.
Aside from the initial grating hours of learning the key skills (reading, finger position and rhythms), once that's done the variety of music you can play makes it quite exciting to hear something you like the sound of, then decide you'll learn to play it in under a week.

I haven't learnt much lately though.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
My INTJ daughter is an Oboist. She was always 1st chair Oboe in band. She also has a beautiful voice, and has perfect pitch. I think it is more in the genes than the personality type.

·
mafia mod
13,335 Posts
I can sing and I used to play trumpet and French horn. Did very well in music theory classes

·
Registered
646 Posts
I can play the kazoo like no other :)

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Reactions: 2eng

·
Registered
646 Posts
Reactions: Thomas60

·
Registered
3,918 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
No no, that's the sequel! :)
Oh,well I figured once you had Captain Corelli's Mandolin you had it all. How could it get any better? I'll tell you, replace the mandolin with a kazoo... that's how!

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Oh,well I figured once you had Captain Corelli's Mandolin you had it all. How could it get any better? I'll tell you, replace the mandolin with a kazoo... that's how!
Afraid not, the sequel is better because he became Captain!

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
I've always wanted to be able to sing like an opera singer.

But no, I can't play an instrument because my parents never put me on one. But Im drawn to the piano and the violin.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I like drums. I haven't played them very much, but I quite capably grasp the concept. They appear to be the most flexible of the instruments. No rules of melody, redeeming notes, all that mess that it takes to construct a good song. Rhythm is more basic, and you can produce it so many ways.

I really like music in general.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I can play multiple instruments (bass, drum, guitar, piano... in descending order of skill) and sing fairly well.

The problem I uncovered isn't that I lack the ability to play an instrument, its that I can't write a song or freestyle play - you know, play/sing from the heart. I'm more of a technical person and play what I know.

For example, I can sing, but if I sing a song, I mimic the exact notes of the singer with maybe some changes in notes but its still in harmony. I could never be a contestant on American Idol because I can't alter the song to the point where its a new/different song if that makes sense.

Which is slightly weird to me, because I have no problem being creatively different if I'm drawing or painting an existing picture or landscape. Different senses perhaps.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm a jack of all trades- master of (almost) none when it comes to musical ability. I can play many instruments in a basic manner. Violin was my main but I quit. I have been classically trained in singing so that is my "master." lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.