Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear <Subject Inserted>, Sincerely <Personality Type> (Stolen from ENFJ's and INFJ'S)

Apparently an ENFJ found this on the INFJ forums and now I'm putting it here. :)

Dear ESFJ sister,
we're supposed to get along but it seems like lately we fight more than ever. When we're being buds it's great, but you need to realize the things you do have consequences and grow up a little. It hurts me when you're unhappy.
Sincerely,
an INFP.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Dear long-time family friend,

I'm deeply hurt that you didn't invite me to your wedding but constantly talk about it to my family right in front of me as if I can't hear you. I thought I was as much a friend to you as the rest of the family but apparently not. I hope your wedding is amazing anyway.

Sincerely,
An INFP

(Don't know if I did this right but whatever.)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There weren't any specific instructions on the other thread so I think you can be as creative as you want with it. :)
and that letter breaks my heart. It's a shame when things like that happen. Then you're kind of stuck in limbo unless you confront them. (which can be a difficult thing to do sometimes.)

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Dear family-

I know you don't understand me at all- and that's fine. It would be so nice if you would stop attacking me for who I am though.
Just because someone is different from what you consider normal- does not give you a pass to try and "correct" them. I think I am perfectly fine the way I am, and I don't need your help to become "normal". I would also appreciate it if you would stop giving my cell phone number out to preachers/other people you think can help me. I don't appreciate the calls at 8am from people telling me that I fail at life.

Thanks.

-A very irritated INFP

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Dear my favored INTPs

I love you. I love how you care so much about knowing things correctly. I love how you come up with absurd ideas and laugh easily. I love how you don't give a crap about what anyone expects of you yet you don't act boastful about it. I love how you are always challenging your mind. I love how patient and thoughtful you can be with me. I love how you are usually up for anything once, and often twice or three times. I love your reserved nature and your gentle aura. You guys are my favorites.

Sincerely,
INFP admirer

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Dear my ISTP friend,

Although you are the most impulsive person I have ever met, your reactionary nature makes you good to have around when the shit hits the fan and I'm too pansy to fight. and I love how appreciative you are when I pay attention to you. It's easy to pay attention because even though you may seem threatening on the outside, I know you are a fun loving person with simple needs who just likes feeling wanted. A lot of people make it apparent they don't care if you are there or not. I don't understand why. Also, I really admire your skills with all things mechanical. It blows me away that you can look at something and figure out how it works and fix it when it breaks. I like how you can explain the physical world to me in a way that is not condescending and at the same time, I can help you figure out your emotions and you don't blow me off.

fondly, your INFP feeling-interpreter :)

PS, thanks for taking me to the NASCAR race. I actually had tons of fun. I NEVER would have done that if I didn't know you, you big old hillbilly, you. ;)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
(this thread is fun!)

Dear ENTP pal,

You are super fun! Having you around always makes things more exciting and enjoyable somehow. I think it's funny that you think me and you are the same person but opposite genders. I see you more of a brother than like a twin. And it's awesome that we are both only-children so we can call each other brother and sister and get away with it. Plus, we even look like we could be related! I think that is really exciting and fun and i'm glad we get along so well. I'm happy to have met you and it doesn't bother me when you call me "darlin" or "sweetheart" or that you hit on me (and on every other girl you see within 50 feet of you) because I don't see you as a threat at all. You just love everybody and are full of fascination for other humans! I share this with you and so we can be fascinated together and not be offended when we ditch the other person to go get in someone else's head for a while. Oh, and I love when you make up words when you text me. :)

Your "pal"- INFP sis

·
Registered
217 Posts
Dear ENTP acquaintance,

I know I'm the one who approached you in interest of finding a new friend. At that time I didn't know much about you, and
I was sincerely happy I could meet someone new. I know it's completely rude, non-acceptable, and the lowest thing one can do, but I just couldn't keep replying to your e-mails anymore. The thing is, you are a great guy, but our views of the world largely differ and I honestly don't think we can get much out of going out together and getting to know each other better. I must say I found some of the comments you made in your last mail quite offensive, I know that your intentions were never to offend me, but by reading that I just figured out the way you think, and it completely clashes with my way of thinking. And just to inform you, I do HAVE general knowledge about things, it's just that I like to focus more in the world inside me, rather than the one outside me. However, thank you for your time until now but I don't think this can work out. At all. I'm really sorry.

Sincerely, an INFP

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Dear ESFJ mother

Do I even attempt to write you a faux note on PerC? No, I shouldn't. Too much to say that would bring me down. I feel good right now. You try really hard to make me happy and I feel like a guilty brat rejecting you the way I do. I know I reject you. I know it hurts your feelings or "hurts your heart" as you often put it. I am sorry that I reject you and push you away and never let you get close to me. You smother me though. Your hugs last too long and suffocate me and your kisses are hot, wet and give the feeling of being eaten, slurped up. like Ursula in the Little Mermaid, you will swallow me with your giant tentacles if i'm not careful. I am sorry to describe you in such a way because I know you don't mean to come across this way to me and that you are just totally confused by me, if anything. Perhaps some day we will be friends and I will call you when I am having a good day just to chit chat, the way you call me when you are lonely and I remain on the line in silence, counting the seconds. I am sorry I reject you so harshly. I promise to work on it. I still love you even though it feels weird to say it.

your INFP daughter

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Dear INFP forum,

You are fun. you taught me a lot about myself. Sometimes I feel like a complete stranger on here though, like I'm always in the minority. It makes me question my type a lot. But every time I reanalyze it, I come up INFP, every time. I can accept it, if you can. I consider a lot of you folks my friends, even I don't often engage in one on one conversations with any of you. I think i'm just shy. Or maybe I don't want to get involved with anyone. I had an online friend once and it eventually died away. It took a lot out of me to keep in contact with her as much as I wanted to. I don't really want to do it again. As much as I like the people on here, I think I just use this place as a coping tool for real life. You guys help me a lot, even if you don't realize it. thanks for being there! :)

warmest regards,
ethylester, someone not so different than you when you look at the big picture. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dear ENFP friend (female)

Yeah its me... your "psychologist"... although you can be a little TOO negative at times... you need to leave the past behind and think about your future and things that make you happy... you need to be a little bit more postive :D... other than that I appreciate that you accept as I am, you trust me and like me for who I am... for that I am grateful, I like who you are too (I dont LIKE you... you know as a friend) you are deep, strong, emotional, principled and you can be interesting... though sometimes you can be a bit rebel and unpolite.. you are my best friend ever... and i am grateful for everything... stay true to yourself and i hope you find peace and happiness :D

- Your INFP friend

Reactions: clowder and Kriash

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Dear crazy INFP girl,

You are way too sweaty to be considered attractive right now, so just give up. Put your hair up, go barefoot, forget about attempting to deodorize yourself. It's 90 degrees outside, you have the day off, don't sweat it (har har). You aren't going to a ballroom dance or anything, nobody cares! Go do something productive instead of sitting on the stupid internet writing letters to yourself. Your husband is outside mowing the lawn and you are in here doing nothing. There are dishes to clean! Laundry to put away! Artwork to make for your beloved tape that needs to be ready by July 30. Go do something!!! No pressure or anything... you lazy ass.

Begrudgingly,
the same crazy INFP girl

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Dear Dad

What the hell is your personality type?!??! You confuse me so much. I have seen you in basically every light. You are my hero. You are everything! Why can't I figure out your type? Maybe it's because I see you through rose colored glasses. It is impossible for me to see you the way others see you. You are my dad, the pure essence of love, you are what love is. Love is all! So you are .... all?

Pease take the MBTI. It gnaws at my mind every day not knowing what type you are.

Love,
your favorite and only offspring

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Dear ESTJ (most likely),
I really do think you are a wonderful person. You are silly and unwavering, bright and sharp and stiff and opinionated and yet comically, endearingly shy. Nonetheless, you are distant, and I am distant, and in the past two years I remember only a handful of isolated moments when we really connected. I have a feeling each of us underestimates the other. Thus I think it is time for a change. A change of label, that's all. I hope we can continue to go on as though little has changed, because little needs to and after all, I like you an awful lot.
Sincerely, your INFP.

Dear INFP,
It astounds me that not everyone finds you as intoxicating as I do. When I think of what your mind must look like, I imagine stars glittering through the roof of a windswept palace of spidery lace. You would look perfectly at home there, Mother Nature, warm, pink-cheeked queen of both the earthly and the ethereal.
I know it would unnerve you to learn I have these kinds of insane ideas, but it's ridiculously difficult not to think of you that way.
Sincerely, an INFP who feels like an ISTJ in comparison with your exceptional INFP-ness.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dear INFP,
It astounds me that not everyone finds you as intoxicating as I do. When I think of what your mind must look like, I imagine stars glittering through the roof of a windswept palace of spidery lace. You would look perfectly at home there, Mother Nature, warm, pink-cheeked queen of both the earthly and the ethereal.
I know it would unnerve you to learn I have these kinds of insane ideas, but it's ridiculously difficult not to think of you that way.
Sincerely, an INFP who feels like an ISTJ in comparison with your exceptional INFP-ness.
I think that description you just came up with sounded rather INFP! c:
and ISTJs are still pretty great. One of my closest friends is an ISTJ, so we'll love you no matter what.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dear ENFPs,
You're sending me mixed signals. One of you has ruined my life, though I imagine that's half my fault, we kind of just burnt out. And now it's really awkward when you call and I pretend like I have other plans. But then there's another, who's grown up so much in the past fours years, no longer so close minded, if just still a little gullible. You mean something in my life, a part of the inner circle, one of the few. Then there's the one, more exuberant then most, but unfailingly kind. I wish that I could know you better.
Still learning about people,
an INFP

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I think that description you just came up with sounded rather INFP! c:
and ISTJs are still pretty great. One of my closest friends is an ISTJ, so we'll love you no matter what.
(I meant no offense to ISTJs, by the way. I'm sure they're lovely!)

1 - 20 of 245 Posts