Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 11606 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be a simple and easy way to get things off your chest without losing your cool or sounding like a whiny little piece cheese. The purpose of this thread is for you to write letters to people or things that will never get to read them--sounds stupid?

Probably.:dry:

But at least you can say what needs to be said without being judged for the contents of your letter and have some anonymous person out there in the world actually give a damn. :wink:

Also, I didn't want to limit this thread to only INFJs--but I have a feeling we'll need it the most. :crazy: So be serious (or not)--just have fun with it, darlings!

I'll start:

Dear Smoothie Girl,

I think you might have slipped a bit of alcohol into my strawberry-banana smoothie--and although I cannot stand the taste or smell of liquor, I thank ye kindly for it and will smile extra nicely at you the next time we meet.

Sincerely,
An INFJ

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dear ENTJ Honey Bunny With Cannibalistic Tendencies,

You jerk! I am not food! I don't think I'm delicious and neither should you! :mad: It was awkward having to explain to my mother why I had teeth-shaped bruises on my thigh. How embarrassing.

Sincerely,
An INFJ

PS. I secretly like it.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Dear ENFP-real-life-woman-girl,

in my dream we had a terrible fight. And I have the feeling that this fight exists in reality. Don't you feel ashamed for your falseness - your animosity you can hide so well? But I can see through you. I want to tell you about my dream, but you would probably feel compelled to say it's not true and that I shouldn't worry too much about what you think about me (etc.). But from the way you say such things I see that you only say them in order to cut it off. Maybe it will help if I just act reserved towards you...to take away from you the pressure of the need to be nice. Or it will eventually make you feel guilty...:frustrating:

Sincerely,
Me...the annoying and meticulous INFJ

PS: I know your falseness from your interactions with other people you can't stand...

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Dear Students Who Call My Office To Check On The Status Of Your Paperwork:

If you do not tell me what your name is, I cannot look up the status of said paperwork. I realize that you are a special, unique snowflake in the midst of a school of about 12,000 students and that I should be able to recognize your voice because you are FAR more important than anyone else in the world, but quite frankly our office hasn't been trained in instant voice recognition due to budget cuts.

Irritatedly yours,
INFJ

·
Registered
197 Posts
Dear Patient of the Chiropractic Office that I Work In:

I hate when you ask me, "How are you?" after I greet you when you walk in. I cannot actually tell you how I am doing. This is my place of work and I'm paid to be pleasant so you want to come back here and give of some more of you monies in exchange for (hopefully) getting healed. If you really want to know how I'm doing, stalk me on PerC. Until then, don't ask me, "Really?" after I give you my standard answer of, "Good." We cannot be real friends now, or probably ever. It's ok. I have to ask how you are doing. I do not expect the same from you. Sit quietly, please. And let me know if you need the trash can or restroom.

Sincerely,
An INFJ

P.S. Don't bring your children ever again. I'm not a babysitter.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Dear Classmates,

I understand that we're from completely different worlds. I wanted to know the real you, but you people never disclose that to me, and instead, only disclose that between yourselves, leaving me out. But you are doing terribly when you don't even try to make me feel welcome, and later want me to tell you my points of view for important things. I'm not a computer interface. I want to feel like I belong to your group, and not that I'm a tool for your group. Compliments aren't going to make us friends.

Sincerely,
INFJ

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dear ENTP guy,

I have no idea why do you like me, but I also have no idea why do I like you. I find it kinda funny and frustrating at the same time. Please, be less kind, because I feel like you are in love with me and it frutrates me a lot, because you are so much older than me. Be a jerk! Please. Please. Please. If you're playing a game, then please stop it!

Sincerely,
an INFJ

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Dear most people,

try to be a bit more accepting of others and less judgemental about things you don't understand. You might also want to stop gossiping about others in their absence.

Thank you!

Your's sincerely,
an INFJ

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dear Inconsiderate Dingleberries of Society,

My four-year-old brother is not cute because he is obese. He is obese because he has Prader-Willi Syndrome. Do not, I repeat, do not pity him. Do not shake your head as if you truly care, do not give him your damned prayers, and do not ever look down on him because of his illness.

All he needs is patience and understanding, not your sympathy, and especially not your looks of disgust. You have no idea how it feels to be genetically hungry all the time and you do not know--or ever will--know how it feels to never be completely full.

He is not just going through a phase and he would never grow out of it; so please stop looking at him as if he's some kind of zoo animal. He doesn't know fullness, but he does know hurt. All I ask is for you to be considerate of his feelings--there's always more than two sides to a story, nothing is ever just black and white. There are a million shades of gray in between...

If animals can understand this, why can't you?

Sincerely Fed Up,
An INFJ Sister

·
Registered
309 Posts
Dear Co-worker,

Stop muting your brain waves so that I'll be unable to hear them! I've NEVER met someone so hard to read! Stop making it so hard for me to accept that you're just an amiable, laid back and very attractive guy who talks to me simply because you're an extrovert and I'm easy to talk to. Why can't you just ignore me like all the other guys? Why is it you've said more words to me in the few months I've seen you at work than the guys I've been friends with and living in the dorms with for almost 3 years?

Sincerely,
An INFJ

P.S I almost think you're an ENFP because of all this...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Dear INTP,
You leave your shit all over my room and I always have to pick up after you. You never ask to borrow my stuff. Yesterday, you decided it would be a good idea to go out and eat in my car and did not invite anyone, especially me. When we argue, it's okay for me to be right, sometimes. You don't have to win every argument. I am a bit emotional right now, and you are right "bringing emotions into arguments does not help win." So you are lucky, I'm not saying this to your face, which reminds me. When I'm in the restroom. GO AWAY. You selfish SOB.

Here's some directions about Conway's Game of Life:
1. If a live cell has <2 live neighbors, then this cell will become dead in the next generation.
2. If a live cell has >3 live neighbors, then this cell will become dead in the next generation.
3. If a live cell has exactly 2 or 3 live neighbors, it will live on to the next generation.
4. If a dead cell has exactly 3 live neighbors, it will come to life in the next generation.
5. No one gives a fuck.

You think you are so much better than me and you don't do anything incomparable, really. You treat nearly everything as a joke and never acknowledge me unless you need help. Maybe one day, you'll come to realize there are other people than yourself.
Sincerely, yourself. P.S. I would hate to have a twin.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dear INFP,

I don't know what happened, and I know you don't either. Three weeks of bliss and then you act like you don't even know me. I never thought an INFP would treat me this way. I'm scared of your type now, I'll never go near them again. You took my heart and smashed it up and ruined all the little budding dreams I was having about our future, and even though I threw away the mix CDs you made for me in the same garbage can that i used to clean up my dog's vomit, and I fantasize about sticking a pencil in your eye, it doesn't make me feel any better. I just want to cry.

Love, still, your
INFJ

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dear Doomsday Theorists,

Please, please be wrong. I want to have a family of my own and a couple of years is barely enough time to start! I don't even know where to begin! I still need to find my soulmate(if I haven't found him yet) and will be severely upset if we die before I have babies. Just sayin'.

Earnestly Yours,
Frantic INFJ

1 - 20 of 11606 Posts