Personality Cafe banner

11561 - 11580 of 11606 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,561
Dear Ms. Patti,

I do not know you personally and am saddened to only learn of your name while searching up the article of your fatal accident. We've never met in person, and if you were still alive, I doubt that we'd ever even cross paths in this lifetime. But I find it nearly impossible to forget you.

On October 26th, 2019--around 7:30PM, right around the time I'd usually be leaving work, you were hit by a driver right around the corner of my job while trying to cross the streets to fill a prescription. That night we closed a lil earlier than usual, so I was long gone when your body made impact with the car.

You hear about accidents all the time, but rarely so close by and in such a small town. Something about your death felt personal. I was sad. And I found myself mourning you--you, a person I've never met.

It was a hit-and-run. They still have not found him. The next couple of days you were all anyone in this town could talk about, but like a drop of water in the ocean...your death blended in the background of the next tragedy and now, only a few mere days later, this town has forgotten you.

Save for the one pink balloon set up in the street corner as a reminder that something tragic happened, the world has moved on.

I hope they find the guy who fled the scene and I hope your family finds peace in that.

You deserved more than being a statistic. You were a person, you had a family, you had stories and memories to pass onto your grandchildren.

I will remember you. Everyday as I drive to and from work. Even if it's just a passing second in a whole day. Someone will remember that something unjust happened to someone who was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

May you rest forever in peace,
-INFJ

·
Registered
363 Posts
Dear Night Sky,

I like the way you waver on cold clear nights.
Shifting with the seasons yet staying stable and true in your relative position.
When I look at you I feel both lost and comforted, alone and together. I fantasize I could fall up into you and be held floating in the deep heart of the universe, surrounded by nebulous beauty, or be swallowed pitilessly and crushed in the vacuum of cold emptiness.

You were here before I came, and you will remain after I leave. If you had a voice it would be the last notes of a fading wind chime on the breath of ocean surf, sifting sand through an hourglass, the noise of a cassette tape rewinding and sticking and spitting out lengths of film incompatible with knowing your beginning, incompatible with knowing your end.

You are a graveyard of myths and a cradle of new stories. I don't know how else to tell you that you are the human lost-and-found: we look at you and peer with telescopes and naked eyes alike, searching for what we don't know - whatever we are missing, hoping it's out there. It doesn't feel like it's in here for most of us.

Please stick around. You're doing important work shining on all the time and not imploding or anything. I don't want to put pressure on you, just let you know your effort isn't unrecognized. You invented stark timeless beauty and we cling to it when the rest seems ugly. Without something mysterious and unfathomable, how would we dream? Between you and the ocean, all our dark hopes and fascinations cluster. The more cold, the more pressure, the more desperate the struggle. Who can be complacent when there is struggle? It keeps us sharp and focused. Touchstone stars to navigate by.

I'm grateful that you keep yourself dignified and stately, dependable and presentable barring the odd weather pattern.

Sincerely,
An enchanted viewer

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,563
Dear ENFJ SO,

It's been a crazy trying year for you, anything that could go wrong went wrong. But no matter how much you went through, you never projected any frustration towards me. I am extremely happy things are slowly turning around for you, and thank you for vocally telling me you appreciate all that I've done for you this past year. I don't do them to get acknowledged, but as an a human being who sometimes feel under-appreciated for sometimes going above and beyond--it made me happy to be seen and heard.

With everything that's been going on this week, all the running around and getting things straightened out--I thought you would forget our two year anniversary. Instead, you waited until midnight to wish me a happy anniversary. Beat me to it by a split second, too!

I'm such a sap.

Happy Anniversay,
Your INFJ

·
Super Moderator
11,119 Posts
Dear INFJ self

Reeaaccchhh wayyyyy dowwwnnn innnsiddde...

Do it no matter how much it hurts!

Sincerely,
INFJ me

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,565
Dear Members Who Reached Out to Me During My Long Ass Hiatus From PerC,

I'm only now checking my private messages. So many of you reached out to see if I was okay, and even though some of you might not be active on here anymore...thank you so much. I was not okay, I had a lot of personal issues to deal with but I'm back. I've missed you all. Thank you for not forgetting me.

Love,
An INFJ

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Dear Goddess/Professor/INFJ,

There may not have been a lot of sun, but it was a beautiful morning nonetheless; and so I don't know why you should be brooding. Even I don't brood on such mornings. Leave the brooding for chilly December evenings. They'll be here soon enough. I'd rather see you laugh, so I wanted to come after you and make you do just that. A few more pretty smiles perhaps?

Yours sincerely,
INFJ

Reactions: ohTOMICho and AnneM

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,567
Dear INTJ Brother,

Man, I am proud of you and how much you've grown in just the last couple of years. People always thought you were unfeeling, selfish, and hard headed...that you're just like your dad. We had a rough time when you were going through your early teens but I'm happy you chose to trust us to protect you and have opened up more.

You make more of a conscious effort to be part of this family, you are considerate, and you show your affections more easily

This morning when I woke up to a text from you suggesting we do a Pollyanna with the family and that you'd chip in so the kids can do it too, I almost cried. I'm fact, I'm kinda choked up still.

You went from not wanting to spend time with us on Christmas to being an active part of it.

Man, my baby bro is growing up. :crying:

Love,
Your INFJ Big Sis

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,570
Dear INFP Friend,

You are my oldest friend in terms of how long I've known you. We've drifted apart for years but always manage to come back to each other, but unfortunately our friendship will never be the same.

I recently started writing again, it just reminded me of days when we were 12 and 13 writing silly stories and reading them to one another. I miss those days.

Love,
An INFJ

9,999 Posts
Dear INFJs and PerCians,

That's it for me - this is my 9,999th, and hopefully last, post. Won't retire my account for now, if you feel like dropping a VM or PM.

Be well :happy:

P.S. I would really appreciate it if some of you could be arsed to thank enough of my posts to push my thank count to 16,999. Thank you :tongue:

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
@Marvin the Dendroid So now I must figure out how to write a post that makes you reply and thus become a Legend. Hmmm.....

Reactions: Kelly Kapowski

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Dear musicians,

This is a homage to all those masters who have always been faithful to the composer instead of putting themselves and their self-indulgence before the intention of the composer. I would like to especially express my love for all the musicians associated with the tradition of historically informed performances beginning with people like Sir Roger Norrington, Sir John Eliot Gardiner, and Benjamin Zander. They regularly remind me how lucky we are to have them. Bless you all.

Yours always,

INFJ

Reactions: WirelessSleep

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Dear INFJs and PerCians,

That's it for me - this is my 9,999th, and hopefully last, post. Won't retire my account for now, if you feel like dropping a VM or PM.

Be well :happy:

P.S. I would really appreciate it if some of you could be arsed to thank enough of my posts to push my thank count to 16,999. Thank you :tongue:
AHHHHHH NOOOOooooooooooooooooooo :shocked::sad:

Dear @MarvintheDendroid
PlEaSe DoN't LeAvE :sad:

Edit: I heard this song for the first time last night & immediately thought of you because Leonard Cohen. I love it. Best wishes, my friend :heart:

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Mystery Man,

You said you wouldn't come back. Liar.

If you didn't respond to my thread, I wouldn't have known. But I was only able to read two out of twenty-two posts, and your comment on mine was gone when I checked after a few hours.

You only care about the INFJs, not me. You don't even bother to email so I know you're still alive.

I hate you.

The mistyped INFP who actually listens to what you say and cares about you.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dear friend,

loyalty does not depend on how you feel. loyalty does not depend when things make sense to you. your kind of loyalty is shallow for me. your kind of loyalty is flip flop. your kind of loyalty is dipping out. if that's your kind of loyalty, then you're not ready for hardships and going to the deep ends with me.

Sincerely,
iblameyou

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Dear pretty girl who likes me,

It is nice to imagine a future with you. I can see you are a very loving woman. You will make a fine partner, but I am at such odds with my people and my country that I cannot possibly imagine any life with someone who has permanent ties here. The love in your eyes, however, makes me want to give in.

Yours truly,
INFJ

Reactions: Aizar
11561 - 11580 of 11606 Posts