Yagami Light INTJ
L INTP
Misa ESFP
Ryuk ENTP
Matsuda ISFJ
Mello ENFP
Mikami ENTJ

Feel free to argue against my typings~

I see a lot of people debating over intj and entj for yagami light, even infj. But that's the one typing I won't budge from unless you prove it.

Also, I left out Near on purpose LOL. Because his character is the only thing I don't like about this anime, so I know I'll be super biased towards him.

Please share what you think. You can add other characters, too.

·
Banned
2,042 Posts
Show me a real life INTJ that does this, and I'll concede that Light is an INTJ.

PS Mikami is more likely to be INTJ, btw. But I don't remember every detail about the anime :shrug:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Show me a real life INTJ that does this, and I'll concede that Light is an INTJ.

PS Mikami is more likely to be INTJ, btw. But I don't remember every detail about the anime :shrug:
I don't really know what you mean with that scene, but I think it's actually the opposite. I think Light and Mikami are great examples of the difference between an INTJ and ENTJ. They obviously both have Te-Fi in their functions, but the way they express it is completely different. Before the access to the death note, they both had lots of personal Fi values. Difference is Light never pushed any of it onto others. He didn't approve of the actions of others, but at the same time he never said anything because he didn't feel the need to. Mikami on the other hand, had been pushing his values onto the people around him since young.
This is the difference between tertiary Fi (intj) and inferior Fi (entj). Inferior Fi feels that everyone should comply with their personal values and will achieve this through Te. Tertiary Fi does not have this wish, and will only be expressed when given the opportunity. Mikami had a lot of personal values regarding justice since young, and he always forced them upon others. He stood up to bullies always even if they weren't personally victimizing him. He wanted everyone around him to follow the same set of justice-filled value as him. He even became a prosecutor to fulfill this desire. Light also had a lot to say about justice, but he didn't force any of it on other people. He just kept it to himself while working towards becoming a police inspector. When Light came across the death note, that was the opportunity that tertiary Fi looked for. There was finally a way for him to express his Fi values. Everything that happened after it's basically an overload of tertiary Fi. If the death note never crossed path with Light, he would have became a police like his father and expressed his Fi that way like he had planned.

·
Banned
84 Posts
Near is also an INTJ, I can't believe you left him out. Do people really hate him that much?

Light is most likely an INTJ, although it is difficult to see because he is mentally disturbed. Not sure about Mello, we don't see much of him.

·
Banned
2,042 Posts
I don't really know what you mean with that scene, but I think it's actually the opposite. I think Light and Mikami are great examples of the difference between an INTJ and ENTJ. They obviously both have Te-Fi in their functions, but the way they express it is completely different. Before the access to the death note, they both had lots of personal Fi values. Difference is Light never pushed any of it onto others. He didn't approve of the actions of others, but at the same time he never said anything because he didn't feel the need to. Mikami on the other hand, had been pushing his values onto the people around him since young.
This is the difference between tertiary Fi (intj) and inferior Fi (entj). Inferior Fi feels that everyone should comply with their personal values and will achieve this through Te. Tertiary Fi does not have this wish, and will only be expressed when given the opportunity. Mikami had a lot of personal values regarding justice since young, and he always forced them upon others. He stood up to bullies always even if they weren't personally victimizing him. He wanted everyone around him to follow the same set of justice-filled value as him. He even became a prosecutor to fulfill this desire. Light also had a lot to say about justice, but he didn't force any of it on other people. He just kept it to himself while working towards becoming a police inspector. When Light came across the death note, that was the opportunity that tertiary Fi looked for. There was finally a way for him to express his Fi values. Everything that happened after it's basically an overload of tertiary Fi. If the death note never crossed path with Light, he would have became a police like his father and expressed his Fi that way like he had planned.
Do we know the reasons why Light didn't impose his Fi values on others? I know for one many ENTJs who didn't give a shit about the bullied or the oppressed. In their eyes, it probably did not need attention at all. In Light's eyes, they probably deserved it because this is a rotten world.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Light is a sociopahtic/dark triad wielding INTJ 1w2 so/sx, a pretty wild combination and the anime at least shows quite a few key characteristics of someone like that. His dad is an ISTJ 1.

Ryuk, Id say he is definitely an ESTP.

Mikami doesnt seem like an extrovert.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Near is also an INTJ, I can't believe you left him out. Do people really hate him that much?

Light is most likely an INTJ, although it is difficult to see because he is mentally disturbed. Not sure about Mello, we don't see much of him.
I think if Near wasn't so similar to L, he and the second part of the anime wouldn't be seen as unnecessary. I think the second part is just as good as the first part, but so many people disregarded it just because what happened to L, and bringing in a new character so similar didn't help. He and Mello were L's successor but Near didn't have to act so similar, you know? I don't hate him, just find that it's a fault since he could've been better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do we know the reasons why Light didn't impose his Fi values on others? I know for one many ENTJs who didn't give a shit about the bullied or the oppressed. In their eyes, it probably did not need attention at all. In Light's eyes, they probably deserved it because this is a rotten world.
I am not saying that all entjs feel that way. In fact I am sure they don't. But that was just Mikami's personal values that he thought was efficent and wanted everyone to comply to. By this logic, I wouldn't think intjs care about the bullied and oppressed more? Of couse we don't know the whole reason as to why Light didn't impose his Fi values on others. But the truth is Light didn't and Mikami did.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Light is a sociopahtic/dark triad wielding INTJ 1w2 so/sx, a pretty wild combination and the anime at least shows quite a few key characteristics of someone like that. His dad is an ISTJ 1.

Ryuk, Id say he is definitely an ESTP.

Mikami doesnt seem like an extrovert.

I agree on Ryuk being ESTP actually.

For Mikami, I don't think it's really a matter of seeming introverted or extroverted, but his use of the function Te. Plus if it were between introversion and extroversion, Mikami focuses on the external world a lot more than his internal one.

·
Banned
2,042 Posts
I am not saying that all entjs feel that way. In fact I am sure they don't. But that was just Mikami's personal values that he thought was efficent and wanted everyone to comply to. By this logic, I wouldn't think intjs care about the bullied and oppressed more? Of couse we don't know the whole reason as to why Light didn't impose his Fi values on others. But the truth is Light didn't and Mikami did.
That makes things a lot simpler. It means this Fi approach is wrong. Let's go with Te-Ni axis. Don't you think Light would be a little more skeptical and introspective if he were INTJ? Instead what we have is a bulldozer who's so sure of himself that he can die for it -- classic Te-dom with disturbed Fi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts