Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in keeping in spirit with all the "Argument/Debating with an <insert NT type here>" threads, I've decided to take it to the next level and have an intellectual debate on managing verbal jousting with inanimate objects. We'll start off with a chair, and then gradually move it up on the Ikea food chain. What are some of the joys and sorrows you've experienced while going back and forth with a chair on a topic of interest you're passionate about? Do chairs tend to be obstinate with their points when debating? Discuss.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I absolutely hate arguing with chairs. Especially these Ikea ones.

Office chair Furniture Chair Beige

Look at his smug face. Really? Just because you look more minimalistic that the rest doesn't make you better.

Once after imparting some really good insight on coffee tables, it looked at me with these empty soulless eyes, completely dimissing my opinions. Sometimes even having the nerve to turn away from me.

I get so angry sometimes I have to just lie on the couch and tell him how I feel.

·
Registered
196 Posts
In most cases when I am arguing with a chair:

Before things get too intense.... I have to stop, sit down, and think on it.

Desks, on the other hand, I have to do a lot more work on, in order to win the argument.

And bookshelves are the worst, their arguments... are structured around their library of books, and tend to refuse any literature you suggest that doesn't fit into their frame work.. of life.

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
My computer is incapable of processing my thoughts. Rather then argue; we sat around the house watching Invader Zim instead. My coffee cup is emotionally indecisive about being a pessimist or an optimist, the argument revolves on the necessity of understanding its emotions. My futon will obey; eventually, but as we speak its providing the correct resistance. My electric piano will reiterate the same argument in a pleasing seductive manner. My laundry's capacity for reason stinks; and its got a dirty mouth that needs to be washed out with soap.

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you had to pick one piece of furniture for each MBTI type, based solely on the style and the way they argue their points across, what would it be?

Here are some of mine:

ENTP: Swivel chair-they go around circles with many different points they want to get through, but ultimately stop spinning and reach the conclusion of their argument to the idea they're trying to convey

INTP: Rocking chair-they slowly go back and forth between two different key ideas until they gradually stop and forget what the point was

INTJ: Armchair-they are more linear and structured feel to the way they convey their arguments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.