Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
ISTJ, 6w5 sx/sp
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, considering how MBTI community still loves to make really falsely informed stereotypes about the MBTI types, I want to clear it up.

IxFP Fi dominant does not mean they are crybaby, they simply held to their beliefs, opinions and able to think and feel for themselves, a very respectable trait to have. If you slander IxFP's as "Crybaby" you are probably not any less than the crybabies themselves.

ISTJ or ISFJ arent workaholics; based on the fact that I am an ISTJ, I am more focused on working on myself and my own comfort, those things should not be confused for Workaholic, cause as an ISTJ am far from a workaholic.

xSTP aren't Car or Engine Engineers who are curious how things work.

ENTP's arent debaters, they dont spend their time debating with other people, they are just as everyone else have their own interests they occupy themselves with, they arent those extremely charistmatic self-centered debaters who beat everyone constantly in debates with "facts and logic".

Generaly I've noticed that the MBTI community has a very strong fetish for Ne dominant types, many people are mistyped as Ne dominants and therefore they think they are priviliged and entitled to their opinion, and think they are special or something, this mindset is very toxic to say the least.

Finaly, coming probably to the most annoying feat of the MBTI stereotypes, the top of the foodchain if you will.

ENTJ's aren't those edgy CEO military general running operator highly arrogant dominatrix "Born leader" or some shit, especialy when it is a woman because for some reason this MBTI type is surprisingly popular amongst women on the internet. It's probably the worst stereotype I've came across so far in the MBTI community, it creates that huge envy power gap, because of extremely idealised this particualr MBTI type is in the most unrealistic levels ever.

ENTJ's are just people, they have their own stuff, such as work, doing whatever they are busy themselves with, etc. When people make those ENTJ's look like what usualy they are portrayed stereotypicaly, it is being disrespectful towards people who genuinely are ENTJ's.

I think the worst part is are the fake ENTJ's on the internet, especialy women. Always the most noticable thing about them is they always try to appear as edgy as possible by applying random overly-formal avatar to try to look like some CEO. As I said previously, ENTJ's are people who have their issues, but those are just trying to play themselves as something extremely grandeur, their attitude is always to talk down on others in an arrogant manner, brag about their fake real life status to appear superior to others, and usualy roleplay as the dominatrix woman on the goddamn internet.

Personaly, nobody will find such people anything desireable or attractive, because nobody really wants to be near a narcissist, speaking from someone who has a functioning brain. This is unless they capture some very submissive, desparate men who lack any self-respect, not to mention they tend to unironicaly call someone "Weak" if they arent submitting to them, which is typical feminist behaviour, be vary of those interent women.

Now, regarding the MBTI stereotypes, some of you might say they are only jokes to be laughed, but when people start joking for long time, it eventualy will be believed as the true definition of the MBTI personality types.

Thats all.

Reactions: Whippit

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Generaly I've noticed that the MBTI community has a very strong fetish for Ne dominant types, many people are mistyped as Ne dominants and therefore they think they are priviliged and entitled to their opinion, and think they are special or something, this mindset is very toxic to say the least.
As an ENFP, I mostly find the Ne-dom fetishization pretty annoying. It just promotes mistyping to get the desirability/aspirational factor and creates a lot of typology noise. I'm not sure what you mean about mistyped Ne-doms being privledged/entitled and toxic. Can you say more?

·
Registered
ISTJ, 6w5 sx/sp
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As an ENFP, I mostly find the Ne-dom fetishization pretty annoying. It just promotes mistyping to get the desirability/aspirational factor and creates a lot of typology noise. I'm not sure what you mean about mistyped Ne-doms being privledged/entitled and toxic. Can you say more?
I'm talking about fake, mistyped ENTP's who try to hard to roleplay as one, they are very annoying and they tend to think they are very special or something, they are especialy very common in Personality Database The Personality Database | Personality Types for Famous & Fictional People

·
Registered
2,087 Posts

·
Registered
ISTJ, 6w5 sx/sp
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ah, the wanna-be-ENTPs. Yeah faux ENTPs are really just DICKs.
Fake ENTJ wannabes are way worse in my opinion. They have an over-inflated ego and probably also have Narcissism. Superiority complexes should not be confused with genuine ENTJ's.

I'm quite surprised how this type is common amongst women on the internet, when ENTJ women are tremendously rare. Real ENTJ women also most likely dont spend their time roleplaying as the dominatrix on the freaking internet.

·
Registered
INTJ-Fi, 5w4 (549 sp/sx)
134 Posts
Debunking myths? Well, how about "INTJs are simply just cold brute logic masterminds, always examining your slightest move, interpreting everything as a perfect chess move, you are simply just a piece, everything is based on logic, nothing more..."

I myself have an idea, which is to post my own profile information, topic title could be "INTJ with INFP-complex" or "INTJ-Fi posting personal experiences" or, if you want to be funny "INTJ with mommy complex"

I will update the OP from time to time, with personal opinions, purpose is to give some food-for-thought to other who are unsure if they are INTJ or INFJ or even INFP.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I myself have an idea, which is to post my own profile information, topic title could be "INTJ with INFP-complex" or "INTJ-Fi posting personal experiences" or, if you want to be funny "INTJ with mommy complex"
Ngl I'd enjoy reading that.

Reactions: Glittris

·
Registered
ISTJ, 6w5 sx/sp
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Debunking myths? Well, how about "INTJs are simply just cold brute logic masterminds, always examining your slightest move, interpreting everything as a perfect chess move, you are simply just a piece, everything is based on logic, nothing more..."

I will update the OP from time to time, with personal opinions, purpose is to give some food-for-thought to other who are unsure if they are INTJ or INFJ or even INFP.
Oh yea, I missed the INTJ one, thanks for reminding me. Though the INTJ stereotype mistypes tend to be rare nowadays, thankfully most of them are locked in that r/INTJ Reddit.

Reactions: Glittris

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Fake ENTJ wannabes are way worse in my opinion. Most of them aren't ENTJ's, they simply have an over-inflated ego and probably have Narcissistic Personality Disorder, superiority complexes should not be confused with actual ENTJ's.
I don't think I'd even notice this if it were true. Typologically I tend to circle the NFP universe. The only NTJs drop in every once in a while to flirt with NFP ladies so that they appropriately follow the typology interaction script.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think these stereotypes are why I haven't been able to type myself yet. It's hard to wade through them to figure out which type fits the best. Sometimes I wonder if there really is such a thing as people who perfectly "fit" their type without forcing it.

·
Registered
ISTJ, 6w5 sx/sp
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I think these stereotypes are why I haven't been able to type myself yet. It's hard to wade through them to figure out which type fits the best. Sometimes I wonder if there really is such a thing as people who perfectly "fit" their type without forcing it.
The best way to look and find your type is to ignore the stereotypes, just look at the cognitive functions of the MBTI types, and see which type fits you the best. The best way is to learn what the cognitive functions are, and learn what cognitive functions each MBTI type has and their order is in the stack, as cognitive functions work slightly differently in different positions of the cognitive stack.

Reactions: Whippit

·
Registered
27 Posts
The best way to look and find your type is to ignore the stereotypes, just look at the cognitive functions of the MBTI types, and see which type fits you the best. The best way is to learn what the cognitive functions are, and learn what cognitive functions each MBTI type has, they are also in different order for each type.
I've looked at the cognitive functions quite a bit and keep coming out as ENTP. But I'm not as charismatic as they are usually described. I am a bit of a devil's advocate and like a friendly argument, but I don't constantly debate and I'm fine with backing down sometimes and not winning every debate. Also, sometimes I'm quiet and appear introverted. I may not be ENTP, but none of the other personality types fit perfectly either.

·
Registered
ISTJ, 6w5 sx/sp
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've looked at the cognitive functions quite a bit and keep coming out as ENTP. But I'm not as charismatic as they are usually described. I am a bit of a devil's advocate and like a friendly argument, but I don't constantly debate and I'm fine with backing down sometimes and not winning every debate. Also, sometimes I'm quiet and appear introverted. I may not be ENTP, but none of the other personality types fit perfectly either.
As I said, it is up to you to decide which MBTI type suits you best. You do not have to fit all of the stereotypes of the MBTI type to be one, just choose which one feels correct to you.

·
Registered
One of a Kind
1,114 Posts
I don't think I'd even notice this if it were true. Typologically I tend to circle the NFP universe. The only NTJs drop in every once in a while to flirt with NFP ladies so that they appropriately follow the typology interaction script.
You (inadvertently, I hope) just stereotyped me. :cautious:

I don’t drop by to flirt, I genuinely enjoy the discussions and the overall vibe. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I do not want to spam this thread but I may be able to offer some perspective - I know an ENTP who said he enjoys debates because that's the way he gets to understand the other person's thought process. He doesn't want to win debates, he simply wants to know how others think, why they think that, etc.

Also remember that cognitive extraversion doesn't mean someone needs to be sociable, simply that they mainly focus on the "outside", what is "external", be it an object or people. That was a hard to swallow for me, too. ENXPs are sometimes referred to as being the most introverted extroverts of MBTI, I'm not sure about the validity of this statement though.
You might have already seen this site but I consider this a decent well of knowledge.

Reactions: justfantastic

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
You (inadvertently, I hope) just stereotyped me. :cautious:

I don’t drop by to flirt, I genuinely enjoy the discussions and the overall vibe. :)
Yes, it was inadvertent. It wasn't even attempt to cast shade, or much of it anyway, it's just a thing that happens. Also, I feel like I've observed INTJs enough to note that, also like ENFPs, they're not above using type stereotypes to enhance their life experience. This also creates an increase in the noise-to-signal ratio by creating a Flanderization effect, but it's pretty authentic type activity.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
There's not an insignificant amount of Enneagram 9 (harmonizer) ENTPs, they're not all in-your-face types. And ENTPs are really only as rambunctious as the stereotypes say online, and in limited social settings. Like ENFPs, they're on the lower scale for social extroversion. Chances are you're right, and you're just inclined to not be as performative as other ENTP (e3, or faux) PerC denizens.

·
Premium Member
unknown
18 Posts
I read the ISFJs complaining that they are discriminated against here as nothing but sensors. They are more then loving nurturers too, they can do heavy logic and complex thinking like anyone else. ISFJs are a majority of the general population, so we all know one. Over the years I've come to realize all types are necessary and it's just so great to have them and all people can do things ouside their typical type bounds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There's not an insignificant amount of Enneagram 9 (harmonizer) ENTPs, they're not all in-your-face types. And ENTPs are really only as rambunctious as the stereotypes say online, and in limited social settings. Like ENFPs, they're on the lower scale for social extroversion. Chances are you're right, and you're just inclined to not be as performative as other ENTP (e3, or faux) PerC denizens.
That makes a lot of sense actually.

·
Registered
One of a Kind
1,114 Posts
Yes, it was inadvertent. It wasn't even attempt to cast shade, or much of it anyway, it's just a thing that happens. Also, I feel like I've observed INTJs enough to note that, also like ENFPs, they're not above using type stereotypes to enhance their life experience. This also creates an increase in the noise-to-signal ratio by creating a Flanderization effect, but it's pretty authentic type activity.
Fear not. I feigned victimhood, amusing oneself at the idea of being stereotyped in a thread about dispelling stereotypes. Flirting with NFP ladies sounds like a good time to me. Even so, the individualist in me will rebel against being stereotyped. :sneaky:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts