Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
ISTJ, 6w5 sx/sp
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
But then what are they but "shitty ENTJs"? Something else? Just because a person was mean to you, doesn't mean their cool type title is revoke.
Yeah, you are a perfect example of a fake ENTJ.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
16,842 Posts
Alright, considering how MBTI community still loves to make really falsely informed stereotypes about the MBTI types, I want to clear it up.

ENTP's arent debaters, they dont spend their time debating with other people, they are just as everyone else have their own interests they occupy themselves with, they arent those extremely charistmatic self-centered debaters who beat everyone constantly in debates with "facts and logic".

Generaly I've noticed that the MBTI community has a very strong fetish for Ne dominant types, many people are mistyped as Ne dominants and therefore they think they are priviliged and entitled to their opinion, and think they are special or something, this mindset is very toxic to say the least.

Finaly, coming probably to the most annoying feat of the MBTI stereotypes, the top of the foodchain if you will.
I think the stereotype that all we do is debate all day long is definitely an exaggeration. I do sometimes do get into debates and I've had fun with it ever since I learned I had a talent for it back in college. I don't have to, but sometimes it can be fun to see how dedicated someone is to a particular idea, or see how their minds work by debating them. We get into moods where we enjoy debate and moods where we don't. It depends entirely on the crowd and the people we are talking with.

My opinion is just as full of dookie as the next person. I try to do what I can to operate with the best information possible. I think younger ENTPs tend to be a bit arrogant about things. Once we get a little older (and develop that tertiary Fe) we start to be a bit more flexible and humble about it.

I don't understand the fetish for Ne Doms. It isn't always fun having your mind split in 20 different directions at the same time. Being able to envision too many possibilities can suck bigtime. I've learned to sort through them quickly and pick what seems the best one, go with that, and adjust as needed.

I admit that I will likely never be the smartest person in the room, but I'll bet you I'll be among the most clever. When it comes to problem solving, I think of ENTPs as the "Swiss Army Knives" of MBTI. We're adaptable, flexible, and good enough to get things working, but our solution may not be the prettiest, or the longest lasting. It will be good enough for the moment. There are always better ideas out there.

·
Registered
ISTJ, 6w5 sx/sp
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
"Only a Narcissist with a superiority complex would dare to disagree with me over the internet. ". I asked you a simple question with no hostile intentions, grow a spine dude.
Nobody has to "Agree", It's simply called seeing things from a factual standpoint instead of through your fantasy filters.

·
Registered
ISTJ, 6w5 sx/sp
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I think the stereotype that all we do is debate all day long is definitely an exaggeration. I do sometimes do get into debates and I've had fun with it ever since I learned I had a talent for it back in college. I don't have to, but sometimes it can be fun to see how dedicated someone is to a particular idea, or see how their minds work by debating them. We get into moods where we enjoy debate and moods where we don't. It depends entirely on the crowd and the people we are talking with.

My opinion is just as full of dookie as the next person. I try to do what I can to operate with the best information possible. I think younger ENTPs tend to be a bit arrogant about things. Once we get a little older (and develop that tertiary Fe) we start to be a bit more flexible and humble about it.

I don't understand the fetish for Ne Doms. It isn't always fun having your mind split in 20 different directions at the same time. Being able to envision too many possibilities can suck bigtime. I've learned to sort through them quickly and pick what seems the best one, go with that, and adjust as needed.

I admit that I will likely never be the smartest person in the room, but I'll bet you I'll be among the most clever. When it comes to problem solving, I think of ENTPs as the "Swiss Army Knives" of MBTI. We're adaptable, flexible, and good enough to get things working, but our solution may not be the prettiest, or the longest lasting. It will be good enough for the moment. There are always better ideas out there.
Boy, as an ISTJ it surely feels extremely painful as you described in the bolded part. I lowkey relate to it, but for me It's simply the difficulty to which path more to choose, as I can see pros/cons and benefits for many paths.

Reactions: tanstaafl28

·
Registered
343 Posts
And thats the point, they only use the internet to roleplay as some grandeur being, thats literaly it. It is not only about you by also, you dont have to "Agree", you just need to see this from a factual standpoint.
I was not asking you about the people who are acting all mighty over the internet; I was replying to a later comment you made about how Narcissism and Superiority Complex is an eliminating factor for "Genuine ENTJs". You then called me a fake ENTJ which I am very curious as to why.

·
Beer Guardian
16,842 Posts
Boy, as an ISTJ it surely feels extremely painful as you described in the bolded part. I lowkey relate to it, but for me It's simply the difficulty to which path more to choose, as I can see pros/cons and benefits for many paths.
I was with an ISTJ for 20 years (Married to her for 15). When I first met her, she would stop by the side of the road whenever she had a major decision to make.

·
Registered
ISTJ, 6w5 sx/sp
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I was not asking you about the people who are acting all mighty over the internet; I was replying to a later comment you made about how Narcissism and Superiority Complex is an eliminating factor for "Genuine ENTJs". You then called me a fake ENTJ which I am very curious as to why.
Because I've seen no reason for you to disagree with my statement, considering you are intelligent enough I thought you would realise it and come from a point of understanding reality, instead of trying to defy it.

I also assumed you as an fake one, because you got rather so defensive over it that you had to defy my statement like that, as I said.

·
Beer Guardian
16,842 Posts
I wouldn't mind being a fake INTJ. Most of the credit for a fraction of the effort. That's INTJ efficiency for you. Wait...
Love it! 😋

·
Registered
343 Posts
Because I've seen no reason for you to disagree with my statement, considering you are intelligent enough I thought you would realise it and come from a point of understanding reality, instead of trying to defy it.

I also assumed you as an fake one, because you got rather so defensive over it that you had to defy my statement like that, as I said.
I wasn't "defying" anything you said. I was checking if this was just another case of a person being demoted to a "less cooler type" in order to maintain a fantasy.

·
Registered
ISTJ, 6w5 sx/sp
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
I wasn't "defying" anything you said. I was checking if this was just another case of a person being demoted to a "less cooler type" in order to maintain a fantasy.
I have no idea what you are talking about, but good for you and your petty attempt to make random second guesses about me.

And honestly, I'm rather annoyed about your post, because first of all, you are already proving what I said, secondly it seems like you are trying to validate their actions.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have no idea what you are talking about, but good for you and your petty attempt to make random second guesses about me.
Holy fuck you're insecure. I ask you a simple question yet you lash out like I'm attacking you. And you lecture people on Narcissism and Superiority Complexes while at the same time unironically saying that people are "defying you" when they question what you say; it's called a conversation.

Honestly what the hell is your problem? Ever since someone mistyped you as an INFP or some shit you have been throwing temper tantrums and launching this crusade against the MBTI. Every fucking month it's something new from you.

·
Registered
ISTJ, 6w5 sx/sp
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Holy fuck you're insecure. I ask you a simple question yet you lash out like I'm attacking you. And you lecture people on Narcissism and Superiority Complexes while at the same time unironically saying that people are "defying you" when they question what you say; it's called a conversation.

Honestly what the hell is your problem? Ever since someone mistyped you as an INFP or some shit you have been throwing temper tantrums and launching this crusade against the MBTI. Every fucking month it's something new from you.
Because the whole IxFP mistype is the same, repetitve vicious circle that the MBTI community loves to continiously maintain. I know this is an old news to you, because it still happens to this day. Honestly, if you are new to MBTI, how do you can get off with valid typing?

I never got the whole "Oh you are offended - must be Fi dom" crap, how do you think this is a valid practice of typing others? How is this an acceptable method of typing others?

Look at @Stevester 's post, because this is how people type others here, and I made this thread because it needs to be stopped.

I think it should be old news to you regarding ENTJ's. While I dont have issues with many, there are few there that I was on the edge with, they keept me putting on the goddamn edge by acting all mighty and opinionated just because they are ENTx or something.

Reactions: Stevester

·
Registered
343 Posts
Because the whole IxFP mistype is the same, repetitve vicious circle that the MBTI community loves to continiously maintain. I know this is an old news to you, because it still happens to this day. Honestly, if you are new to MBTI, how do you can get off with valid typing?

I never got the whole "Oh you are offended - must be Fi dom" crap, how do you think this is a valid practice of typing others? How is this an acceptable method of typing others?

Look at @Stevester 's post, because this is how people type others here, and I made this thread because it needs to be stopped.

I think it should be old news to you regarding ENTJ's. While I dont have issues with many, there are few there that I was on the edge with, they keept me putting on the goddamn edge by acting all mighty and opinionated just because they are ENTx or something.
Lol, I was initially typed as a "Fi Dom" because I was allegedly arrogant, selfish and indifferent to others. Praise Objective Personality.

Internet MBTI is such a diarrhoea and closer to Astrology than to the actual MBTI. For every person that tries to correct it, 10 new people arrive and drive it back into the ground. I'm pretty sure the current owners of the MBTI even made a comment about it.

By the end of the day you can type yourself whatever you want, no one can refute it.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Lol, I was initially typed as a "Fi Dom" because I was allegedly arrogant, selfish and indifferent to others. Praise Objective Personality.

Internet MBTI is such a diarrhoea and closer to Astrology than to the actual MBTI. For every person that tries to correct it, 10 new people arrive and drive it back into the ground. I'm pretty sure the current owners of the MBTI even made a comment about it.

By the end of the day you can type yourself whatever you want, no one can refute it.
Was that their reason for typing you Fi dom? Or did they type you something else correctly?

if that was their reason for typing you Fi dom good lord lol.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Was that their reason for typing you Fi dom? Or did they type you something else correctly?

if that was their reason for typing you Fi dom good lord lol.
It was because of the Objective Personality earthquake that was shaking the MBTI community at the time. Their criterion for Fi-Dom was individualism over the collective; "The tribe needs x but I am going to get y because that is what I want" as they liked to put it.

According to their model like 90% of people were Fi Doms. It was funny seeing a bunch ExTJs being told they're all actually IxFPs

Every year some new person steps up and starts telling people how the current interpretation of the MBTI is wrong.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts