Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

So I have completed for the Myerbriggs test and initially I got ENTJ but then as I saw the practical examples, I felt I related more to an ENFJ. In fact, the second time I did another test, I got ENFJ.

Why I thought I was an ENTJ

1 - I am really bad at listening, just talk a lot
2 - I have good time mangements skills but not the BEST.
3 - I read lots and lots of facts. Like for example, I have been wasting my time reading about these personalities for like the millionth time! Or maybe I am just obsessed with theories?
4 - I try to find the shortest way to do a particular thing. Therefore I don't just follow the set orders for a particular task.
5 - I say things as they are at times but now I am becoming more conscious about peoples feelings.
6 - I enjoy intelligent conversation. I mean people who are stupid and a bit immature at times really get to me. They are good in small doses but not always being around you.
7 - Knowledge is power. I believe that by gaining knowledge I will always get a step again.

Why I think I am ENFJ
1 - I am good with keeping relationships
2 - I am really crazy in gatherings.
3 - At times I do think with my heart
4 - If someone gave me a task to do and they are waiting for it then I would do theirs first before starting mine.
5 - I like hugs, hehe, but being in a Non-Hugging kinda family I kind of grew up without it! But secretly I do. :) lol.
6 - I apologise to people.

Okay so what do you guys think?

Thanks
- Violet

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The reason I was doubting ENFJ was about the 'feelings' part.

Feelings to me equals emotions and I don't think I am an overly emotion person.

Also I have issues with expressing affection like an ENTJ - I can express it though via email but saying it is kind of hard. It can be possibly because I was raised up in a No Emotion family and that this skill can later develop on.

I also am attracted guys that have a sweet caring side BUT are serious when the situation comes and man up. I absolutely hate it when people act silly 24/7 and that's how I am - I don't see myself acting silly 24/7. There is a time and place for everything.

so that's about it. Looking forward to your replies.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
The best way to be sure about your personality type is to take a look at cognitive functions. And then self-reflect, naturally. ^^ Like @Swordsman of Mana said, Te and Fe are very different. Looking at what you've said, I'm leaning more towards ENFJ because I see more Fe in you.

My Fe is quite high and my Te is quite low. When I'm making a decision, I always bring feelings into account - especially the feelings of other people. I can tell what a person if feeling, and generally why. When somebody is sad, I feel that emotion too. Fe wants to connect with people, consider others, organizing to meet others' needs and honour their values and feelings, and adjusting to accommodate others.

Te is segmenting, organizing for efficiency, applying logic, checking for consequences, setting guidelines, deciding if something is working or not...

As one source put it:

Fe: focus on set humane considerations
Te: focus on set technical considerations

Fe wants to connect and always considers other peoples' feelings. Leads more with feelings.
Te doesn't always do so. ^^' I'm not great at explaining Te. o_O

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your responses guys.

Yes considering the feelings of people is important but the part you say about being able to read other peoples feelings, now that is a challenge for me. I am not so good at that.

So from what you said - does this mean that ENTJ don't have many friends because they can cold?

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Thanks for your responses guys.
Yes considering the feelings of people is important but the part you say about being able to read other peoples feelings, now that is a challenge for me. I am not so good at that.
So from what you said - does this mean that ENTJ don't have many friends because they can cold?
they're not always cold, it's just that it's not in their nature to take people's feelings in to account unless they see a specific reason for doing so. ENFJs fixate on people's feelings, so much so that they begin to blur boundaries between themselves and others something forget what they want/need as opposed to the needs/wants of their friends and comrades.
ENTJs are all about task oriented
- what do we need to do?
- how do we do it?
- okay, now let's make a plan?
- how do we make this more efficient
- how can we outsource this?
- how can we expand?
- where is the problem? how do we fix it?
- action steps, action steps, objective, planned out action steps

PS: you don't seem like an ENJ at all so far. you seem more like some sort of ExxP to me

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
No no no, I knew a guy that I'm really sure was an ENTJ, almost everyone in the school considered him to be really nice and extremely knowledgeable.

Fe and Te are in entirely different worlds.

Fe considers the values of the community and adapts after it.

Te organize information after what is generally considered correct/logical..

F is value based (not emotionally based)
T is information based (not thinking capacity or bound to apathic behavior).

A lot of F-doms can be really cold and vice versa with T-doms.

PS. I can't read people so well either.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
@violet1 talking more than listening has nothing to do with being an ENTJ. Also, the entire list you gave does not equate to ENTJ or ENFJ. The important thing to remember is that what you test as doesn't necessarily mean that's what you are. Whilst reading your original post I definitely thought more ExFP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.