Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new here. I've taken various kinds of the MB tests and I'm pretty sure I'm an INFP. Also reading the actual detailed descriptions of INFPs and they really resonate with me. My question is: what's the best way for INFPs to make decisions? I know INFPs tend to delay decisions a lot ( I know I do), but how do you REALLY know what is the right choice to make, or alternatively how should an INFP make a big life decision?

Thanks for your inputs.

Artuto

·
Registered
556 Posts
Making big life decisions is easy for me for some reason. Making tinier, day-to-day ones... not so much. For the big life ones, I just go with my heart and what I believe is right and just go for it. Day-to-day, I often have to ask people for reassurance or weigh too many options. When I taught middle school, I obviously did not have that luxury, so I just made whatever decision needed to be made and wouldn't let myself agonize about it till AFTER, whether it was right or wrong, etc. I'm still working on getting a good system down.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
Intuition has always guided me. I once chose last minute to go to _______ instead of ________ because of my gut instinct. I knew I would always regret it if I didn't go there. Turns out I made the right choice; one of very few right choices I've made in my life.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I tend to go with this formula: Expected Value of Anything = (Odds of Gain) x (Value of Gain)

But in real life, our cognitive biases make the formula really hard to apply. I wrote a long post about it a few years ago. - Making a Better Decision

1 - 8 of 8 Posts