Personality Cafe banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
I've always been aggressively chased by extroverts in the past hence that assumption. This is my first time encountering an ISTP so this is a completely different ballgame for me.
ISTPs are the opposite of aggressive when it comes to expressing their interest in a potential significant other. When gauging their interest do not look for words or verbal affirmation from them, as they will always be vague and dodgy and give you mixed signals. The ISTPs words will frequently if not always contradict what they did in the past. Instead, use your eyes and look for what they do, with you or to you (XD). As if they're making a word-less presentation of how much they care for and want you.

When this comprehensive presentation is translated into words, it is as follows:

"I want to be your significant other but will not say it, instead I will show it by sacrificing my own time out of my life in order to spend time with you, make and/or fix things for you, do things with you. Do not ask me if I want to be yours, instead please tell me you want to be mine."

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
When this comprehensive presentation is translated into words, it is as follows:

"I want to be your significant other but will not say it, instead I will show it by sacrificing my own time out of my life in order to spend time with you, make and/or fix things for you, do things with you. Do not ask me if I want to be yours, instead please tell me you want to be mine."
Update: My ISTP and I were recently talking over text (since we are long distance), and I told him that I wasn't sure what he saw me as, but that I like him a lot and want to be his girl. He responded saying that he likes me a lot too but thinks that this should be discussed in person.

I thought that was fair, so we just left it at that - except I have no idea when the next time we see each other in person will be. But at least he knows where I stand now right? So do I just wait? Is it fair for me to assume that if he wants to commit then he'll go out of his way to have the discussion with me in person? Or is this his way of dodging the question?

I don't really want to be the one to bring this up again because I would feel like I'm pressing him but I do want to know where we stand and what the expectations are.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Update: My ISTP and I were recently talking over text (since we are long distance), and I told him that I wasn't sure what he saw me as, but that I like him a lot and want to be his girl. He responded saying that he likes me a lot too but thinks that this should be discussed in person.

I thought that was fair, so we just left it at that - except I have no idea when the next time we see each other in person will be. But at least he knows where I stand now right? So do I just wait? Is it fair for me to assume that if he wants to commit then he'll go out of his way to have the discussion with me in person? Or is this his way of dodging the question?

I don't really want to be the one to bring this up again because I would feel like I'm pressing him but I do want to know where we stand and what the expectations are.
Yes, your assumption in him wanting to go out of his way to discuss in person is a very good sign, in my opinion.

You will know where you stand when you meet, but do not press the issue again. The ball is in his court now.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts