Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as the title suggests, I curious about other ENFP's decorating styles....Either how you've decorated or how you 'want' to decorate....

Im stuck with my 2 bed terrace at the bottom, it's bare and personality-less (i know that's not a word, but it damn well should be :tongue:)

Basically, i'm struggling because I want my home, to be a reflection of me....I don't know exactly what that is yet so its having to wait - Which is so annoying, i want to finish it all but I can't now because I know that I won't be happy with it at the end unless I know what it is I want...haha! I'm so serious about something so trivial...

At the moment, Im playing with idea's for my hallway of old fashioned wooden coat stand....painted on the wall in black or a similarly 'in yer face' colour....A mouse hole painted onto the skirting board and picture frame's painted, askew, on the wall and own canvas artwork placed on top....Though i've yet to make my own artwork :tongue:

Anyway, that's mine....Be truly inspired to hear yours...

Good day all...
Pie xx

Reactions: Agile

·
Registered
33 Posts
my idea of decorating is just sticking a bunch of crap on my wall.

this includes personal artwork, artwork from friends, sticky notes, signs, posters, CD's, random tokens of memories/inside jokes, etc. then again, i'm a teenager, and i'm just talking about my room here.

as far as decorating the house goes, i plan to just get a whole bunch of cool shit as i go along in life and put it where it looks nice.

so basically, i'm not helpful at all. i say go minimalistic though. it's always prettier that way.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Basically, I always come up with a bunch of great decorating ideas but never get around to putting them into action.

I'm actually really big on lighting moreso than actual decoration. The right lighting can make any room look great. Or at least decent.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I like to have a lot of shelves - not because they're aesthetically pleasing but it helps clear out a walking path in my room. I agree with Vivacissimamente and really appreciate side lighting as opposed to overhead lighting, and find it oddly comforting.

Otherwise I think it all depends on your personal taste. I am influenced by Abstract, Impressionist, and Japanese art so have some Kandinsky, Hokusai, kawase Hasui, Diego Rivera, and Group of Seven prints on my wall and mounted on a woodblock. Paint wise I like the pastel colours, and my room now is green tea. I would show a picture, however of course it's way too messy :)

Reactions: ENFPie

·
Registered
444 Posts
Paint a room every day,(if you've got the time) that way you can make it up. Thats the best way an ENFP thinks on her toes.
I would paint, then change my mind, paint it again. Then go middway on what my partner wants.lol
If you're looking to sell, keep it as blank as poss. Little details make up the whole picture, you could try putting up some cool decs? :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paint a room every day,(if you've got the time) that way you can make it up. Thats the best way an ENFP thinks on her toes.
I would paint, then change my mind, paint it again. Then go middway on what my partner wants.lol
If you're looking to sell, keep it as blank as poss. Little details make up the whole picture, you could try putting up some cool decs? :)

Oh days....im so scared of diong that, which is why i havent started - I know what ill to ill be unhappy with, it probably a case of making a decision and sticking to JUST that!

Oh one day ill get there!!

x

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
All you need is a (colour (?)) printer, some tape, this program, and some imagination.

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
I decorate with a colour scheme of black, white, and some silver. The ultimate bachelor's pad...Not to impress girls, but for ME. Moby's man-cave as my brother-in-law calls it. Track-lighting and black halogen tall lamps. Leather furniture only.

Over the sofa? OH WHAT ELSE (see pic)

Lots of alcohol prominently displayed...So I can get at it faster.

Art? Some crazy objects I've collected. Few mini-totems, old artifacts, real death masks (Beauty and Horror, Life and Death, the N.e. and F.i. never deny either side or you deny authenticity)

Movie posters! Framed: TOP GUN, American Beauty, Watchmen, Saving Private Ryan, Bridge over the River Kwai, Wall Street, Donnie Darko

1 - 8 of 8 Posts