Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How are you when in the zone?

Do you write, long or short stories? I was in a zone once. I was heavily influenced by my depression and paranoia at the time, I was some kind of prolific in 2002 and wrote lots..longer than long stories. Since then there has been a dry spell, writers block. I might post some of them later, one of them focused on the ideas of heaven and hell and I heard that INFP's are interested in that kind of myth more?

How true is that in your writing, would your writing be influenced by your imagination, upbringing, interests, other?
How do you know what to write about?
Are you able to write creatively?
Are you able to write with strong emotions and imagery?
Can you visualize what you write?
How do you motivate yourself to write, do you have to be in the mood?
Would you share your writing styles, I want to read yours and analyze the different INFP styles of writing, to gain more insight into how INFP's write when in their story telling mode.
I want to understand the psychology behind INFP writing, whether positive or negative, dark or light, serious or humorous, and the experiences, explanations and inspirations behind your writing would be appreciated.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Speaking of which I found this strange short story I wrote back in 97.

A small iridescent light suddenly appears before her. No noise, no motion, no warmth. It radiates a blinding white glow before the astonished girl. This object eventually recedes in its blinding radiance, becoming quite a dull sphere, which in itself is amazing. A dark coppery ball to be exact, floats above eye level, the size of a mans fist, before the now petrified young girl. The girl, whose name incidentally is Gwen Cordilla faints suddenly in front of this strange phenomenon, wouldn't you?

This strange object then taking advantage of such a situation, proceeding to do what it was sent for. A mysterious thin, light straw like object emerges from the center of the ball that floats, apparently defying human laws. This straw like extension then begins to climb its way up the fallen girl’s nose. Like a worm it enters the girl’s insides, becoming detached from the alien ball, it now lodges itself inside some vital part of the girl’s organs. Actually it flows through her blood stream, as it is extremely thin and arrives next to an unobtrusive appendix. Apparently, this straw like object is some kind of fetus. It remains lodged inside this girl for the entire life span that she leads.

Incidentally the girls life span is not very long as five years down the track when Gwen drives along Turbin Highway. A young mature adult that she is, highly intoxicated, not with alcohol, rather amphetamines of various design, speeds along, oblivious to anybody else runs though a red light at 110km an hour. This turns out to be a very tragic incident indeed.

Good for her at least she went out with a bang. As she ran straight through, a truck caught her front, while a Sedan, and a Porsche rammed head long into Gwen’s puny little V8. She was exceptional as ever since that strange incident atop the hill her tastes deviated into a passion for computers and cars, which her parents thought was peculiar, considering she was a model of a girl, into Barbie dolls and dresses, but no more.

The action really started when Gwen died, for you see that small straw like sucker that embedded itself inside Gwen, stayed dormant, while feeding off of its host, which probably explained Gwen’s huge appetite. Never the less once Gwen died, taking with her three adult males, two females and five children, how envious we must be, for that was quite a track record in anyone’s standards.

Appropriately named "The Turbin Massacre", many mourned for the needless and preventable deaths, she was eventually taken away to the morgue, ready to be cremated and in under a week her body would be placed inside a coffin, ready for burial. The man at the morgue did a splendid job recreating her feminine features, restoring her. Her blood soaked face to mannequin style, tucking a few of her lungs in, sowing serious gashes to the leg and abdomen, he must be complemented, but it is to his horror it was probably one which he will never forget.

For once he tucked the body of the deceased, Gwen Cordilla away, the alien entity now fully awake, as the life force of which it occupied has ceased, it starts regenerating her body. One day passes and the alien entity has completely restored Gwen’s body to a prime condition with many sore manifestations taking hold, bruises, and welts popping up anew.

The alien entity now a much bigger and bloated version of the straw like worm has difficulty reaching the brain. Once it does it quickly begins to tap into all the memories Gwen has acquired in her short life span. Emotions discharge inside the dark case as the alien entity runs through all data. The body cries for a lengthy two hours. Then it locates and takes control and manipulates the main brain box, eventually giving rise to a new conciseness. Once the fat bloated worm becomes aware of conciseness, it discharges strange proto plasmic seamen; these specially engineered seamen home in on the body’s eggs and fertilize one.

Now that is done the worm also releases a small ball, much like the shape of the ball that Gwen encountered five years ago, except it is microscopic. This ball is the new consciousness of the entity that was Gwen Cordilla. The fat worm then withers and dies, in such a process it gets transported to the excretion point where it will be excreted from Gwen’s former body two days from the time of conciseness.

Finally the alien entity fully awake, and impregnated moves its new found body with satisfaction and pain. As it feels all pain, everything associated with a human body, like any normal human, except an alien inhibits this body. The alien with in the dead of night opens the case in which it is trapped using its alien properties, known as telepathy or telekenises. In a stingy, hindered, sore manner the entity finds a pen and paper, writes down a shabby thanks, puts this message inside the case and pushes it back against the wall, while it leaves the premises unobtrusively.

Three days latter Sam Merton, the curator, who restored Gwen’s features opens the case, reads the note, then immediately starts having a cardiac arrest, being 65 years of age with a weak heart, he dies from shock. The next day, page ten of the Daily Telegraph, a heading reads "Mystery abduction of deceased causes a mans death", the mystery never being resolved. The police baffled why anybody would want a dead body. While some fanatics claim bizarre nymphomaniacs romp, or strange cults using dead for unspecified reasons.

Which ever the case may be, the alien entity is well clear from the scene, taking a full week in a remote location to recover before it eventually travels by foot under the shade of darkness to the next state where nobody would recognize the human, Gwen Cordilla. The new state she now finds herself in is Oregon, America. In this place she earns a decent living as a waitress with tips.

With enough money after several months she leaves the place, with a budding baby showing on the surface as a small blimp, which in five months will prove to be alien in its nature yet quite human. Gwen fashions a new name for herself as Gilda Brockman. Arriving in a remote location, on the outskirts of Brazil, she has her baby. After a few years she builds her wealth up quite dramatically.

Her baby booming in a human form yet alien in every other respect. Glida waits and bids her time, for the arrival, for the signals that will inevitably come. It is only a matter of time before they come!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I am heavily interested in the afterlife, yeah.

How true is that in your writing, would your writing be influenced by your imagination, upbringing, interests, other? A lot of my fictional writing stems from dreams and the imagery in them, and other times the ideas come from random daydreams I have. I also write about my experiences.
How do you know what to write about? As for fiction, once I get an idea, or once I have a dream that I think can be a good basis, I write about that. As for the narrative essays, I write those when I'm struck strongly by any emotion, be it depression, or anger, or elation... I love writing in these states because the result is so real, and true, and inspired, and I am usually happy with the outcome.
Are you able to write creatively? I think so.
Are you able to write with strong emotions and imagery? I try to put emotion and imagery into most things I write.
Can you visualize what you write? Yeah, this is a big part of my fictional writing.
How do you motivate yourself to write, do you have to be in the mood? I don't really have to be in the mood, I just have to make myself sit down to actuall do it. Sometimes I struggle to find the right words, and I write just a little and stop; other times it all just flows out.
Would you share your writing styles, I want to read yours and analyze the different INFP styles of writing, to gain more insight into how INFP's write when in their story telling mode. Sure :happy: PM?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
When my Muse is active, I get no rest. I am haunted constantly by creative visions that I need to pour onto paper, or I may explode. I usually have dozens of ideas stirring around my mind at once, forming a large queue, since I can only actually write one thing at a time. (Though sometimes I will shift back and forth between projects, writing 12 things at a time, like, a paragraph for one, a few lines for the other, a page for the next, etc.) The characters in my head want their stories told, voices heard.
Do you write, long or short stories?
I tend to keep them pretty short, because I rarely finish long projects.
I might post some of them later, one of them focused on the ideas of heaven and hell and I heard that INFP's are interested in that kind of myth more?
I can't say that I'm usually all that into such a concept. Then again, I'm an atheist, so maybe that has something to do with it. There is a great foreign film with that kind of theme starring Penelope Cruz and Victoria Abril called Don't Tempt Me.
Would your writing be influenced by your imagination, upbringing, interests, other?
It's inspired by... pretty much everything.
An idea grabs onto me and won't let go until I put it on the page.
Yes, that should be fairly obvious.
Yes.
I don't really get a choice. Sometimes I have to write.
Would you share your writing styles, I want to read yours and analyze the different INFP styles of writing, to gain more insight into how INFP's write when in their story telling mode.
I want to understand the psychology behind INFP writing, whether positive or negative, dark or light, serious or humorous, and the experiences, explanations and inspirations behind your writing would be appreciated.
You can look at a lot of my poetry on my blog at this site.

Reactions: Seventree

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
http://personalitycafe.com/infp-forum-idealists/34821-revived-poetry-thread.html
It's buried.

Void of thought. Fear brings it back. It's me for me, not for my fears.

Do you write, long or short stories?
Short stories here.

How true is that in your writing, would your writing be influenced by your imagination, upbringing, interests, other?
Everything has a subject. Usually an experience causes me to consider other viewpoints, which I write about. The experience can be from anything I or someone who shares their emotions feels strongly about. Love for a trade, hobby, sadness, misery, loneliness, compassion, happiness, of the like.
I just do.
Someone told me that creativity is secrecy of the method of expression. Not in that wording, but my answer is yes.

strong emotions, only when in control. imagery, check.
Yes.
I don't motivate myself to express myself. Every emotion I feel is triggered by a response to something I cause or others cause or are affected by. N/A for mood.

Two threads have my poetry. The other is buried somewhere between 4 and 50 on this subforum, I'll dig it up for you. (serious.) The other is the link above as well.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would you share your writing styles, I want to read yours and analyze the different INFP styles of writing, to gain more insight into how INFP's write when in their story telling mode. Sure :happy: PM?
Done.
But at the same time I made a typeo. :blushed:
I would like to read how you write and then interpret your style of writing and the imagery, communication and in general narrative.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tend to keep them pretty short, because I rarely finish long projects.
You can look at a lot of my poetry on my blog at this site.
Would you post them, can I quote?
Why do you think you rarely finish long projects?
I used to only ever want to write extended stories and yeah I didn't finish them. lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://personalitycafe.com/infp-forum-idealists/34821-revived-poetry-thread.html
It's buried.

Short stories here

Two threads have my poetry. The other is buried somewhere between 4 and 50 on this subforum, I'll dig it up for you. (serious.) The other is the link above as well.
Why do you write short stories instead of writing out extended narrative?

Your a dark writer. Do you think positive and negative moods affects the way you write more, or less?
How much are you influenced by positive energy?
How much are you influenced by negative energy?

There is a lot of hurt in your writing, a lot of pain and sadness, anger and frustration too. I was going to quote Shape and Virtual Reality but want to ask if you want me to first, before I analyse.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Would you post them, can I quote?
Why do you think you rarely finish long projects?
I used to only ever want to write extended stories and yeah I didn't finish them. lol
Feel free to do whatever.

I get stuck in endless revision styles which ultimately turn into total rewriting whatever I've got, and then I decide I hate the rewrite and junk the project entirely. Or I just get so overloaded by ideas that I can't finish any one thing that's too long.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Why do you write short stories instead of writing out extended narrative?

Your a dark writer. Do you think positive and negative moods affects the way you write more, or less?
How much are you influenced by positive energy?
How much are you influenced by negative energy?

There is a lot of hurt in your writing, a lot of pain and sadness, anger and frustration too. I was going to quote Shape and Virtual Reality but want to ask if you want me to first, before I analyse.
Go for it. I could benefit from it, considering I barely identify with my feelings as it is.

I think negative moods affect the way I write, although I don't know for sure. I'm kind of blinded by them, so I write.
I'm aware of the positive feelings, though. I don't really write about them, though. I express them through interaction and try to share them rather than keep them to myself or express them. Rather, I feel negative things more and 'in greater volume'. So I express myself.

·
Registered
342 Posts
When I am writing I can visualise in my head just what's happening but I think I don't always give enough information to the reader - I make intuitive jumps myself in my head so that a metaphor stands for everything I want to say, but I think the reader often needs more detail so that is something I want to work on. I also struggle with dialogue, trying to give people unique voices and characters. But I am hopeful that I am getting better all the time as long as I keep trying :happy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm new here, and this is my first post! Just thought I'd share that...

I'm happy, focussed, intense, dreamy. The words come bubbling up. They don't always make a lot of sense to the story at hand.

Do you write, long or short stories? I was in a zone once. I was heavily influenced by my depression and paranoia at the time, I was some kind of prolific in 2002 and wrote lots..longer than long stories. Since then there has been a dry spell, writers block. I might post some of them later, one of them focused on the ideas of heaven and hell and I heard that INFP's are interested in that kind of myth more?
Last year I started writing again after 20 years (!), so short is the current genre. I'm not really interested in heaven/hell or myth per se, but most of my stories have an element of the unreal in them (a talking bird for example).

Oh, everything! However I've a very active imagination, so most of my ideas come from the way my imagination interprets what it comes across in life.

I don't. I just sit down, write and see what happens. That's often when the best writing appears for me. When I plan too much it gets stilted and bogged. However this does mean I tend to write lots of bits which circle around the one idea without necessarily being well connected to each other. The task is then to work out which bits "are" the story and which bits aren't. And then how to join it all together. Sometimes this will change the focus of the story. I spend a lot of time working out where the whole mess is actually going.

Not quite sure what you mean by that. I createplaces and situations and characters with my writing, so I guess the answer is yes. (I really don't like the word "creative". Not sure why...)

I often use imagery to express emotion. The emotions I explore with imagery tend to be restrained and deep-seated rather than raw and chaotic.

Absolutely. And hear it and feel it. That's what makes it so fascinating - how can something imaginary be so "real" to me? And how can I convey that reality through what I write without labouring the point?

The most motivated I've been was when I did a short 6 week online course a year ago. I LOVED sitting down to work on the story I was to write or to do the set exercises. I think what I most enjoyed was writing FOR someone - receiving the feedback (supportive and challenging) from the other participants. Currently it's a bit of a struggle - which is why I'm writing to you here rather than working on my writing! However, I find that if I allow myself to "warm up" to it a bit (similar to warming up for physical exercise or to play a musical instrument) then it will generally come along OK. Knowing how/what to warm up WITH is still slightly mysterious to me.

Maybe. I'm new here. My style depends on the story. I'm told I sound quite lyrical and "stream of consciousness". I'm also told the genre I write in most is Magic Realism. Perhaps I could post a couple paragraphs of something I'm working on at the moment...

Can I ask why you're interested in INFP writing styles? I'm just curious!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I'm useless at creative writing. I kinda write about things in my life, but change the scenario slightly and the names. I'm starting up with writing a biography at the moment. But I don't want to let people know EVERYTHING about me, I want a lot of things private. But then i'll have a boring biography :(. I'm having trouble remembering things as well.
I was thinking of doing a 'Taylor Swift' and naming everyone who hurt me. And maybe the people I liked and admired. But I don't want to embarrass them and myself. I thought, maybe I could change the names?. But then I realised, It wouldn't take long for people to 'work out' who they are by little clues. So, maybe the biography isn't a great idea. I'm quite a private person and don't want to be some 'open book'. I want to be a bit mysterious. I like having secrets.

xxx

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Go for it. I could benefit from it, considering I barely identify with my feelings as it is.

I think negative moods affect the way I write, although I don't know for sure. I'm kind of blinded by them, so I write.
I'm aware of the positive feelings, though. I don't really write about them, though. I express them through interaction and try to share them rather than keep them to myself or express them. Rather, I feel negative things more and 'in greater volume'. So I express myself.
You sound a little like when I used to be in my negative energy state, my endocrine system was messing with me and I was writing in the darkest kind of way imaginable. When I started taking iodine and magnesium this helped get me back to a better state of clarity but then I was very stressed and now I'm finally in positive energy states. I was blinded by those emotions and realise that it is a form of expressing along our emotional guidance system, we can stay in a certain state for years expressing the same patterns over and over thinking these are normal for us. While this is my experience of myself I can relate in some ways.

How much positive affirmations have you had in your life? Because sometimes we are emotional bodies with emotional wounds and it is far easier to switch to the negative experiences that shape us as normative in our expression when we are absorbing those energies and reaffirming them rather than experiencing positive energy states. INFP's tend to be highly sensitive people, HSP, and this tends to cause a stronger attunement towards that which affects us most negative vibrations or positive vibrations. Now if our mind body soul connection expressing in a negative fashion then this is the energy state that is going to be most pronounced in life, learned negative responses.

Ah I'm blabbing, pardon.

Anyway onto a bit of your writing.

Shape (5/17/2009, 5:40 PM)

In this stage,
I will be.
This is my character's figurative realization.
I will be not one part,
But a whole, governed by intuitive logic.

This is my truth,
Only to be realized by absense.
In process there's my partialness,
Which will only to be equal with bliss.

What a horrible sight,
My human mind inflicts on my ultimatum.
Before this creation ends with dishonesty,
It is to say that each of us are liars;
Each of us creators, that is.

It has ended.
I don't think I was keen to quote the others because you are writing inwardly and reinforcing those negative loops I feel. I see this in many people, I did the very same for many years. Strangely I struggle to write poetry, so I'm intrigued by poetry in that respect to why I have such an aversion towards writing them.

Would you talk about what you thought when you wrote this and what it means to you?

For me the first part tells me you want to create your identity as a whole instead of being scattered and that you know you can do this through intuitive logic. And it looks to me like your thinking from your mind intuition and closed off your heart intuition.

Because in your next part its like your saying that you realise there is an absence and that you are partially yourself and when your able to discover who you are then you can start to live a more balanced life but you don't know why it is like that.

And then it just looks like your resisting in accepting who you are and feel this is horrible because your mind is creating such disharmony with the rest of your body and then its like you know that people lie to each other about their emotional state often times to realise that you do dismiss the heart state in favour of the mind state and are confused by creative energy.

Please explain your interpretation. Myself as I say poetry is interesting and we each of us have interpretations that could go anyway we choose, you could put thousands of people onto the task and each would interpret in their own way what that means.

Virtual Reality (8.31.2009, 9:32 PM)

Wrought ties,
Electronic disposition.
The virtual reality,
Grand measures have been;
That is, they have been,
Only not to be real.

To give is to recieve,
Only in the realm of karma?
I think not;
Just in the brink of salvation,
None other than those who stood,
Made the difference.

'What you give in,
Is what you get out.'
Time to unplug.
Along the lines of spaces that travel along electronic vices, energies float as time travels along the lines of illusion that you feel are unreal and are foundational to having substance.

Being of a giving nature you know that receiving is a way that leads to positive karmic reinforcement. However you question this as false, and feel you need to be saved from yourself, when people make a difference in tour life you react positively and feel affirmed.

The energy you give is the energy you get and when its positive its good, when its negative its not and being distracted its about time to give this a rest.

haha. :confused:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Feel free to do whatever.

I get stuck in endless revision styles which ultimately turn into total rewriting whatever I've got, and then I decide I hate the rewrite and junk the project entirely. Or I just get so overloaded by ideas that I can't finish any one thing that's too long.
Okay I'll try.

Are you saying that writing intensely is better for short term as is creativity artistic, do you have to be in the mood, inspired, to be creative? Like an artist painting would like to paint focusing on the painting rather than make clay animation or an animated tv short because it takes too much time?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Okay I'll try.

Are you saying that writing intensely is better for short term as is creativity artistic, do you have to be in the mood, inspired, to be creative? Like an artist painting would like to paint focusing on the painting rather than make clay animation or an animated tv short because it takes too much time?
I actually can produce really great writing from almost any topic/prompt. I used to only be able to do it when I was in the right mood/mode, but past that with maturity and the right intensive summer writing class.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I am writing I can visualise in my head just what's happening but I think I don't always give enough information to the reader - I make intuitive jumps myself in my head so that a metaphor stands for everything I want to say, but I think the reader often needs more detail so that is something I want to work on. I also struggle with dialogue, trying to give people unique voices and characters. But I am hopeful that I am getting better all the time as long as I keep trying :happy:
Yeah I have that issue too, when I was struggling with detail I'd let my imagination help and was low on situational detail. Would writing be better with more experiences from life to draw from?
Would you talk about what you mean by intuitive jumps in the form of metaphors?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm new here, and this is my first post! Just thought I'd share that...

Last year I started writing again after 20 years (!), so short is the current genre. I'm not really interested in heaven/hell or myth per se, but most of my stories have an element of the unreal in them (a talking bird for example).
What happened in the 20 years that saw you stop writing? How do you maintain your imagination? My creative flow has gone from stress in my life and wants it back now because I used to be how you describe, a very active imagination and now its a bit flat and its been about 8 years since last I wrote narrative and seem to have a delayed response rate even now instead of being spontaneous, or at least more than I am at the moment.

Oh, everything! However I've a very active imagination, so most of my ideas come from the way my imagination interprets what it comes across in life.
Would imaginative be better than creative? How does the word creative feel from your imagination, are there different moods between the association of creative and imaginative writing?

I don't. I just sit down, write and see what happens. That's often when the best writing appears for me. When I plan too much it gets stilted and bogged. However this does mean I tend to write lots of bits which circle around the one idea without necessarily being well connected to each other. The task is then to work out which bits "are" the story and which bits aren't. And then how to join it all together. Sometimes this will change the focus of the story. I spend a lot of time working out where the whole mess is actually going.
I did that too, I just sat down and started writing, the stories continued without an end in sight and I loved that. I then did try to plan them out, although, the intensity and imagination left and then hardly a ripple ever since.

I often use imagery to express emotion. The emotions I explore with imagery tend to be restrained and deep-seated rather than raw and chaotic.
Would you describe the process of using imagery in your writing? This is a part I struggle with, I notice my writing is okay until I realise there is a staleness, a flatness where with the write expressions could come to life and have read amazing books about it and still continue to be confused how to express with imagery in writing.

The most motivated I've been was when I did a short 6 week online course a year ago. I LOVED sitting down to work on the story I was to write or to do the set exercises. I think what I most enjoyed was writing FOR someone - receiving the feedback (supportive and challenging) from the other participants. Currently it's a bit of a struggle - which is why I'm writing to you here rather than working on my writing! However, I find that if I allow myself to "warm up" to it a bit (similar to warming up for physical exercise or to play a musical instrument) then it will generally come along OK. Knowing how/what to warm up WITH is still slightly mysterious to me.
Yes, that is another bit I'd like to learn too. How to warm up the imaginative essence to cooperate and write automatically the emotions and feelings that are involved in creating.

Maybe. I'm new here. My style depends on the story. I'm told I sound quite lyrical and "stream of consciousness". I'm also told the genre I write in most is Magic Realism. Perhaps I could post a couple paragraphs of something I'm working on at the moment...

Can I ask why you're interested in INFP writing styles? I'm just curious!
We are artistic and enjoy writing as a pass time and feel that I wanted to learn how INFP's write, imagine and create. What motivations, ambitions, inspirations, aspirations INFPs have with their writing too. To reignite that spark that went missing. Also I want to see patterns and the styles to how we are able to write through our imagination and creativity and whether there is a zone and in general learning, same kind of curiosity that you have.

And that too, how others feel with their stream of consciousness in the way they write.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and welcome to the forum. :happy:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Response

How much positive affirmations have you had in your life?
Positive affirmations? I've always had to make them myself. Any time I'm ever content or happy with something, it stems from me. I didn't really have much happiness to share with others, but according to my broken friends, being around me makes them feel better about themselves. Like I radiate good vibes to them.

Also, I don't mind the blabbing. In fact, I like to read what others have to say about things like this. I appreciate the feedback.

---

Shape

Would you talk about what you thought when you wrote this and what it means to you?
I usually don't think a lot when I write my poems. But the topic I was on was my confusion with me being in computers at the time, knowing full well that I like the arts more than computers.
Thoughts had to be on my mind if I could say something like 'intuitive logic', though. I've never used that phrase once past this poem. Rogue Eagle might be able to relate to this poem, because his profile picture has a quote that bears relevance. "Don't close the blast gates to your heart..." I was confused.

--

The first stanza. At the time, I knew that if I wanted to pass this examination that I had beens tudying for about 1, 2 years at the time I would have to submit to my lesser being in order to get it done. I needed to develop exactly what made me feel indifferent. I was up to the task of being emotionally complacent (horrible mistake) for the sake of the current time frame, the in-the-now.

In the second stanza, I pretty much started lieing to myself and ended up leaving myself to learn these things. 'these things' being computers and logic-intensive things. The result was emotional backlash on a regular in privacy, for about a year or so. (That would explain introversion upon entering high school where it started) I'm recalling this as I type it. It's partially why there are time stamps on the poems; emotional progress.

The last stanza? I read the above and saw that I was submitting to my lesser being. My lesser being is going along with what other people suggest, and sticking with it despite my own free/good will, and open-mindedness that has always been there. I knew it was there all along, but never thought about it. I just wrote whenever I felt anything emotionally intensive. And confided in some people, but that's irrelevant.

---

In case if you were wondering, here's an explanation for Virtual Reality as well..

1st stanza: I was doubting my abilitiy to emphasize with people, as well as my own authenticity because I was online so much while still in the midst of others.

2nd stanza:
Just because you live your life a good person doesn't mean that you are exempt from the trials of life. Example: If you're a good person all your life and you turn your back on someone who through good judgement and healthy progress needs you, it's probably going to hurt someone in the end.

3rd stanza:
You nailed it pretty well; the internet was acting as a negative catalyst at this time.

Hope I was able to help. You sure did help me. :proud:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts