Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, there's a whole tritype in my signature, but it's completely self-prescribed and I'm pretty new to this so a little help or confirmation would be fab :D

I do relate really strongly to 7w6 descriptions, and I'm pretty sure I'm sp/sx though if you have any other ideas then fling them at me!
Also I feel I have a lot of 9 in me, but I'm not sure about the wing.
My heart fix has been the hardest for me to decide on, I just don't relate much to any of the descriptions :/ I could see 4w3 or 2w3 in my tritype, most likely.

I've become obsessively interested in enneagram recently and some outside perspective might help me stop going over and over it in my mind, changing every second xD
Alrighty! Thanks for reading this and please do ask questions~ :)

Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Adventure, excitement, happiness, creativity, knowledge, friends and family, trust, freedom. I look for best-case scenarios, and how to reach them. I look for the odd and unusual and fascinating and shiny. I'm always starting new projects and driven to start more. I seem to seek out close bonds with people I have things in common with, though for an extravert I can be pretty picky with friends and who I completely open up to.(I'm a pretty low-key E though.)

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I suppose one of my hopes would be to actually find a group of amazing friends who I can be totally myself with, to do and see everything with. That'd be awesome. Hmm… I don’t really care about wealth or fame but it’d be nice to have enough money to be able to enjoy life to the full, and I aim to make my mark on the world somehow, hopefully in a positive way xD I hope to accomplish… well, who knows. Early days yet, anything could happen.. I just want to follow my passions and enjoy the ride.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I hope to never be cruel, shallow, overly cynical or depressed. Or trapped, freedom is very important to me though I’d like to say I take relationships seriously, haha. I don’t want to be deemed a failure.
Values: equality, freeeeeedom again: freedom of belief and expression included, basic respect for all life and the world, authenticity.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
D: I’d hate to have some debilitating illness that made me completely dependent, or to be trapped like that in any other way. I don’t want to have a mediocre, repetitive life, I don’t want to feel like I’m at a complete dead end. Just thinking about this actually scares me a lot. Also losing people close to me, of course… including pets ;-;

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
Hm, thinking about it I don’t care too much how others see me, I just want to be liked and accepted for who I am. I’m not individualistic in a really noticeable way but I don’t want to have to change to fit in with other’s standards. I'd prefer them to just see me for what I am than anything else.
I see myself as having lots of potential and being basically outgoing but sometimes held back by low self esteem, especially because of feeling alienated throughout much of school. I’m a little scatterbrained and loopy.. I’m definitely a child at heart and I don’t think I’ll ever grow up. :’D I'm pretty gentle but I can be surprisingly tough in some situations so idk.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Best: Rollercoasters! xD That adrenaline RUSH. Also the feeling of limitless possibilities and no obligations, that makes me so happy. Independence. Being loved. Running around on the beach with no shoes on. Managing mischief. Being good at something. Improving things- situations or other people’s lives. Yeah, I love spreading happiness. :D
Worst: Monotony and dull routine. Physical and emotional pain. Being forced into something unpleasant. Being looked down on/ overlooked/ judged too quickly or wrongly.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
Anger: It’s hard to say… I can be very irritable and snappy but in general I’m pretty easygoing. I think I’m more likely to show aggression if I’m comfortable around you :’D I don’t know if I consciously suppress anger, I don’t like showing it but I don’t stop myself from feeling it. I can get super protective over friends though and I have no qualms about lashing out physically.
Shame: I don’t… experience much :/ Sometimes I feel like I’m not good enough, yeah. But then I just go back to being awesome. 8D True, I don’t like feeling inadequate or embarrassed, but I can usually get over it pretty quickly.
Anxiety: Ooh. I don’t understand how some people let themselves worry all the time, worrying about everything that could go wrong seems like a waste of life to me. But of course I have anxieties… actually I can get very nervous about things. If I’m worrying about something in the future I usually just distract myself until as near to the event as possible. But sometimes the best thing is to just face your fears head on.. every now and again I'll just do something that scares me and feel more confident next time.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
Stress: Haha. I pace, pace, pace, pace, pace… hate it. I can become either really overemotional or really obstinate and nit-picky. Sometimes it’s the thing that finally kicks my backside into action though, I work pretty well under pressure.
Unexpected change: Unless it’s change for the worse, yay! New stuff is always exciting :D Bring it on.
Conflict: I prefer to keep out of it unless it's needed. I try to end the conflict but I don’t usually back down, I’m more likely to just leave the room than agree to something I don’t believe in.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
Eh. Neither really play a big role in my life. I guess I’d like to be in some position of power, but it doesn’t bother me much. I just dislike it if others abuse their status and power, and I hate being bossed around.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Life’s alright, can’t complain ;D Bad things will happen but just go for it because life is a huge adventure and you probably only live once, and there’s so much to do and discover! Humanity is pretty damn fascinating. History and different cultures are major interests of mine… of course there's a lot of bad throughout history and the world today, but I'm still very optimistic about humanity and the world. It's undeniably wonderful.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Yeah, there's a whole tritype in my signature, but it's completely self-prescribed and I'm pretty new to this so a little help or confirmation would be fab :D

I do relate really strongly to 7w6 descriptions, and I'm pretty sure I'm sp/sx though if you have any other ideas then fling them at me!
Also I feel I have a lot of 9 in me, but I'm not sure about the wing.
My heart fix has been the hardest for me to decide on, I just don't relate much to any of the descriptions :/ I could see 4w3 or 2w3 in my tritype, most likely.

I've become obsessively interested in enneagram recently and some outside perspective might help me stop going over and over it in my mind, changing every second xD
Alrighty! Thanks for reading this and please do ask questions~ :)

Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Adventure, excitement, happiness, creativity, knowledge, friends and family, trust, freedom. I look for best-case scenarios, and how to reach them. I look for the odd and unusual and fascinating and shiny. I'm always starting new projects and driven to start more. I seem to seek out close bonds with people I have things in common with, though for an extravert I can be pretty picky with friends and who I completely open up to.(I'm a pretty low-key E though.)

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I suppose one of my hopes would be to actually find a group of amazing friends who I can be totally myself with, to do and see everything with. That'd be awesome. Hmm… I don’t really care about wealth or fame but it’d be nice to have enough money to be able to enjoy life to the full, and I aim to make my mark on the world somehow, hopefully in a positive way xD I hope to accomplish… well, who knows. Early days yet, anything could happen.. I just want to follow my passions and enjoy the ride.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I hope to never be cruel, shallow, overly cynical or depressed. Or trapped, freedom is very important to me though I’d like to say I take relationships seriously, haha. I don’t want to be deemed a failure.
Values: equality, freeeeeedom again: freedom of belief and expression included, basic respect for all life and the world, authenticity.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
D: I’d hate to have some debilitating illness that made me completely dependent, or to be trapped like that in any other way. I don’t want to have a mediocre, repetitive life, I don’t want to feel like I’m at a complete dead end. Just thinking about this actually scares me a lot. Also losing people close to me, of course… including pets ;-;

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
Hm, thinking about it I don’t care too much how others see me, I just want to be liked and accepted for who I am. I’m not individualistic in a really noticeable way but I don’t want to have to change to fit in with other’s standards. I'd prefer them to just see me for what I am than anything else.
I see myself as having lots of potential and being basically outgoing but sometimes held back by low self esteem, especially because of feeling alienated throughout much of school. I’m a little scatterbrained and loopy.. I’m definitely a child at heart and I don’t think I’ll ever grow up. :’D I'm pretty gentle but I can be surprisingly tough in some situations so idk.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Best: Rollercoasters! xD That adrenaline RUSH. Also the feeling of limitless possibilities and no obligations, that makes me so happy. Independence. Being loved. Running around on the beach with no shoes on. Managing mischief. Being good at something. Improving things- situations or other people’s lives. Yeah, I love spreading happiness. :D
Worst: Monotony and dull routine. Physical and emotional pain. Being forced into something unpleasant. Being looked down on/ overlooked/ judged too quickly or wrongly.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
Anger: It’s hard to say… I can be very irritable and snappy but in general I’m pretty easygoing. I think I’m more likely to show aggression if I’m comfortable around you :’D I don’t know if I consciously suppress anger, I don’t like showing it but I don’t stop myself from feeling it. I can get super protective over friends though and I have no qualms about lashing out physically.
Shame: I don’t… experience much :/ Sometimes I feel like I’m not good enough, yeah. But then I just go back to being awesome. 8D True, I don’t like feeling inadequate or embarrassed, but I can usually get over it pretty quickly.
Anxiety: Ooh. I don’t understand how some people let themselves worry all the time, worrying about everything that could go wrong seems like a waste of life to me. But of course I have anxieties… actually I can get very nervous about things. If I’m worrying about something in the future I usually just distract myself until as near to the event as possible. But sometimes the best thing is to just face your fears head on.. every now and again I'll just do something that scares me and feel more confident next time.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
Stress: Haha. I pace, pace, pace, pace, pace… hate it. I can become either really overemotional or really obstinate and nit-picky. Sometimes it’s the thing that finally kicks my backside into action though, I work pretty well under pressure.
Unexpected change: Unless it’s change for the worse, yay! New stuff is always exciting :D Bring it on.
Conflict: I prefer to keep out of it unless it's needed. I try to end the conflict but I don’t usually back down, I’m more likely to just leave the room than agree to something I don’t believe in.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
Eh. Neither really play a big role in my life. I guess I’d like to be in some position of power, but it doesn’t bother me much. I just dislike it if others abuse their status and power, and I hate being bossed around.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Life’s alright, can’t complain ;D Bad things will happen but just go for it because life is a huge adventure and you probably only live once, and there’s so much to do and discover! Humanity is pretty damn fascinating. History and different cultures are major interests of mine… of course there's a lot of bad throughout history and the world today, but I'm still very optimistic about humanity and the world. It's undeniably wonderful.
I read a 7 all the way. Some 6-ish stuff in there, but reasons for it are of a 7.

Here are some good links to read up on types:
Typewatch Enneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions
the enneagram ...info from the underground
and also each type's forum has an article written by Timeless, which is great also.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
*sigh* There are days I hate being dyslexic...

^_-

Reactions: Fiori

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
I agree with core 7w6; gut - 9w8 (although I'm not completely sure of the wing) and heart - 2w3. 279 = triple positive outlook, which, I think, really fits what the OP wrote about herself.

Reactions: Fiori and zallla

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback! ^^

I read a 7 all the way. Some 6-ish stuff in there, but reasons for it are of a 7.

Here are some good links to read up on types:
Typewatch Enneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions
the enneagram ...info from the underground
and also each type's forum has an article written by Timeless, which is great also.
Oh, great descriptions! Yeah, I think I lean very much towards w6.

I agree with core 7w6; gut - 9w8 (although I'm not completely sure of the wing) and heart - 2w3. 279 = triple positive outlook, which, I think, really fits what the OP wrote about herself.
I'm not sure about what type of 9 either, I relate to different parts of both descriptions, and since it's not my main type it seems kinda distant, just how I'd act in /some/ situations... I score lowest on 1 out of all the types in tests, if that means anything.

Huh! I've been mulling it over and you might be right about 2w3. I do get up to a lot of 2-ish activities, actually I spent half of today doing volunteer work, pfff..

I often try to comfort others, or stand up for them if needed. I don't like to see people suffering and I can be very generous towards my friends, though I thought this could just be a 7-ish thing of wanting to cheer people up. Sometimes though I just can't bring myself to give a damn about other people's troubles, especially if I see them mouldering around in their misery. Actually, tough love may be used in those cases, which could still be 'helpful' in intention I suppose. xD

Maybe I was just being drawn to 4 because of the value I place on creativity and expression, and general misunderstood teenager syndrome... The times I've felt most 4-ish have been when I've been surrounded by people I don't fit in with, and felt really down as a result. I didn't like them, I didn't want to be like them, so I set myself apart. Given a choice though I'd rather be accepted than be an outsider.
I thought 4 in my tritype could explain why I'm not mega outgoing and bubbly all the time, some 7 descriptions sound very Manic Pixie Dream Girl.. but I don't relate to the darkness of 4...

I think being sp/sx could explain a lot though. Anyone see this stacking in my answers, or something different? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts