Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two men fighting can be compared to two brigades in battle.Understanding the two men can help you understand the two brigades. Because they're very similar.

IF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WAS A MAN?

How old and mature would he be? What lessons has he learned or forgot ?What chapter of life is he in now?
Has he learned from his mistakes?Where does he go from here? What kind of man is he ?What does his future hold?

Id love to hear your perspectives on this question folks.

·
Registered
473 Posts
He would be a 19 year old ESTP, a lead gang member who has gained status through violence and dominating behavior. He has not learned much from his past. He has gotten himself into a desperate situation, and although part of him knows the way out, his pride and greed will not allow him to make better choices. If he doesn't change, he will be dead soon.

Pretty bleak I know, but that's what I think.

·
Registered
298 Posts
How old and mature would he be? What lessons has he learned or forgot ?What chapter of life is he in now?
Has he learned from his mistakes?Where does he go from here? What kind of man is he ?What does his future hold?
he would be young, 16 or 17, where he thinks he knows everything and is invincible, but in fact knows jack shit. he had everything in the palm of his hand as a child, a good set of morals, parental support, but somewhere, somehow something overtook him. he was spoiled into believing the world owed him something, and became resentful when no one obliged. he now resorts to manipulating people to give him what he wants, and spends the rest of his time playing call of duty. the morals he learned, were lost. he is falling deeper and deeper into a state of selfishness and rebellion, and the only thing that may be able to save him is an intervention on the maury show.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If America was a man, i'd see him in his late teens. Past the rebellion stage from the parentals, and now onto life alone. America, he, stands guard and protective, reserved, easily angered and upset by events that seem similar in the past. Easily hurt, and a high temper lead to violent outbursts, but overall, the guy is a gentle soul who accepts everyone without reason or trust into his life who are kind to him in return. He has learned many things about trust though, and to carefully assess those he calls friends. He has forgotten what it means to be a human being - as his past shows many flaws to him, yet he believes he has none and carries a high confidence that provokes a negative response. He also should learn to keep his high ego low to keep his friends and family. I believe he's learned from many of his mistakes, but tries not to think upon them. He was spoiled as a child, believing that the world was his oyster, and to this day his belief remains unchanged, causing a bunch of conflict now that he is older.

Where does America go from here? As of this present day? America should revisit kindness, and tear down the walls he built up to protect his inner self and show everyone he's human too. He needs to stop and think before advancing into situations that could give him a bad name, and learn to respect others. His future, I believe, would be a little rocky for a while, but will eventually hold strong once he fully understands how to get along with others he dislikes. Not everyone we work with we will like, it's a part of life, and we must grin and bare until the awkward uneasiness passes and we learn to get along with our dislikee's... at least just a little bit to not get upset at them on a daily basis.

America isn't a bad person. Just misunderstood. Like those who wear all black, and do crazy things. They only act out to get attention because there's an inner problem inside of them that they want to be heard. When no one else will listen, America is more likely to become stupid and irrational so then they will listen.

Yeah... :mellow:

·
Registered
828 Posts
He'd be this guy.

Cranky old ESTJ asshole if ever there was one. That, or some ESTJ pinhead jock who enjoys shoving third-world countries into their lockers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A young man that some would say has an old soul.The war of independence the indian wars and the civil war are the wars he fought to find himself. And he learned freedome, shame ,and that all men are created equal even at the expense of states rights.During the world wars He displayed tens of thousands of times that Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. He is a strong good man that helps the week has made mistakes but has always made every effort to correct them.He is proud and humble .But like all great leaders he has his share of jealous underminers who wish to weeken him by making him second guess himself and his values . I hope he remains steadfast and immovable because he has a bright and wonderfull future if he does.

Reactions: Dalien

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
I agree with the ESTP.

In which case, Mr. USA's T is so vastly underdeveloped that not only is he incapable of making logical decisions, but he is also emotional stunted. His F is effectively crippled, beyond small talk. In this, he kills but does not seem to care. He shows little if any use of N, does not seem to care much about the big picture. Very good at details.

Such an amazing E that its effing unbelievable, he is the cockiest E on the planet (more so than even North Korea) by telling every single country on Earth that he is the best and greatest of all time, and that they should all emulate him. Shows extreme, extreme lack of introversion or introspection. Doesn't seem to reflect on his actions much, if at all. Doesn't seem to be aware of his dangerous impact on others. When the stray reflection does come, he tries to fight it down with his E justifying his behaviour. And finally...P. Overall, he prefers not to judge until the very end, but sometimes that ends up being his downfall. But when he does judge...watch out, an auxiliary INFJ-doorslam is expected.

Reactions: raj

·
Registered
828 Posts
He would be a 19 year old ESTP, a lead gang member who has gained status through violence and dominating behavior. He has not learned much from his past. He has gotten himself into a desperate situation, and although part of him knows the way out, his pride and greed will not allow him to make better choices. If he doesn't change, he will be dead soon.

Pretty bleak I know, but that's what I think.
I agree with the ESTP.

In which case, Mr. USA's T is so vastly underdeveloped that not only is he incapable of making logical decisions, but he is also emotional stunted. His F is effectively crippled, beyond small talk. In this, he kills but does not seem to care. He shows little if any use of N, does not seem to care much about the big picture. Very good at details.

Such an amazing E that its effing unbelievable, he is the cockiest E on the planet (more so than even North Korea) by telling every single country on Earth that he is the best and greatest of all time, and that they should all emulate him. Shows extreme, extreme lack of introversion or introspection. Doesn't seem to reflect on his actions much, if at all. Doesn't seem to be aware of his dangerous impact on others. When the stray reflection does come, he tries to fight it down with his E justifying his behaviour. And finally...P. Overall, he prefers not to judge until the very end, but sometimes that ends up being his downfall. But when he does judge...watch out, an auxiliary INFJ-doorslam is expected.
You all seem to be forgetting that the US is, easily, the most conservative nation in the Western world. It's tough on crime, it has a lackluster (at best) social safety system (which bespeaks a lack of Fe, the ESTP's Feeling function), and its culture puts a very heavy heavy emphasis on tradition, and on a "stern father" approach to its treatment of people. It's Te Si to the core.

·
Registered
836 Posts
You all seem to be forgetting that the US is, easily, the most conservative nation in the Western world. It's tough on crime, it has a lackluster (at best) social safety system (which bespeaks a lack of Fe, the ESTP's Feeling function), and its culture puts a very heavy heavy emphasis on tradition, and on a "stern father" approach to its treatment of people. It's Te Si to the core.
Agree wholeheartedly.

ESTJ definitely.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I just picked the type that seemed the most likely to have antisocial personality disorder basically, didn't really analyze it according to function. I think we can mostly agree that the US has become a bully though.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I just picked the type that seemed the most likely to have antisocial personality disorder basically, didn't really analyze it according to function. I think we can mostly agree that the US has become a bully though.
Not sure we're a bully so much as we just really really love manifest destiny.

I don't think our intent is evil, but rather how we accomplish it that could be seen as problematic.

In other words, we aren't Nazi Germany trying to take over the world... just a constitutional republic, who enjoys freedom and capitalism.

How we accomplish this, when we invade other countries, and how we influence foreign policy and foreign wars is where we can get muddled in over-extending overselves. And where we run the risk of 'helping' countries who don't want/need to be helped.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Brash. Arrogant? Rushes headlong into situations. Controlled by his heart, and seldom listens to his head. When he does though, he has the power to bring people together... And to tear them apart. Places great importance on the home, and family. Believes that the strongest will survive; thus is always trying to become more powerful. Perhaps an Aries? Enjoys being in the limelight. Probably an alcoholic.

To be fair, I'll make one up for my own country...

Canada:

Quiet, reserved. Acts like a "big brother" to his friends. Ill-suited to working under extreme pressure. Always asks for a lot, but tries to reciprocate what he is given. A thinker, but places importance on structure and community. Large and perhaps intimidating in appearance; he is kind at heart. A Pisces? Altruistic when collaborating with others to achieve a goal. Doesn't openly seek fame. Probably a pothead.

It would be interesting to see peoples' perceptions of other countries besides the US. New thread tiem?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Not sure we're a bully so much as we just really really love manifest destiny.

I don't think our intent is evil, but rather how we accomplish it that could be seen as problematic.

In other words, we aren't Nazi Germany trying to take over the world... just a constitutional republic, who enjoys freedom and capitalism.

How we accomplish this, when we invade other countries, and how we influence foreign policy and foreign wars is where we can get muddled in over-extending overselves. And where we run the risk of 'helping' countries who don't want/need to be helped.
I think we need to clarify whether we're talking about the U.S. government or the people. Unfortunately, that's not one in the same. America as a people: brash, proud, traditional, independent, freedom loving. American government: Once one in the same with it's people, now very much controlled by mammoth corporations, which causes it to act in ways which are counterproductive to it's people, and causes it to be seen by other nations as a bully.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
For me, J could make sense, but the US is so full of P. We are always thinking about taking care of things "tomorrow," postponing things, not taking care of them today. Just look at health care, the war, social security -- all imminent things that people just want to delay and not take care of right now.

Maybe I'm analyzing this wrong, but it seems this way to me.

·
Registered
828 Posts
The type most likely to have Antisocial Personality Disorder is ENTJ (followed by INTJ, ENTP and INTP).

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
If the US were a man, he'd be angry its citizens have forgotten all the good things he has done. The US liberated my country from the Nazi's in WWII and after that gave a lot of financial support to rebuild it, and the US also liberated my wife's country from the Japanese. For some reason Americans only want to focus on everything their country does wrong, while ignoring the good. It's pathetic.

Reactions: byrd

·
Registered
305 Posts
This man would be about 18 years old. He would be very logical and would be a strong realist. He believes in saying what he thinks, as an ESTJ. He would also learn to get anywhere in his world, he needs to work hard. He would be fat from lots of McDonald's, and doesn't appreciate nature. He has a lot to learn and needs to be a less shallow person.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i think it's more pathetic that so many people are blind to the real issues going on, and are all wrapped up in the garbage that the media feeds them. there are good things this country has done for its people, but really only if it coincided with the government's best interest.

there is always an ulterior motive to the doings of your US government, and more times than not, it's money and resources.

Reactions: soul searcher

·
Registered
473 Posts
i think it's more pathetic that so many people are blind to the real issues going on, and are all wrapped up in the garbage that the media feeds them. there are good things this country has done for its people, but really only if it coincided with the government's best interest.

there is always an ulterior motive to the doings of your US government, and more times than not, it's money and resources.
I agree.

If the US were a man, he'd be angry its citizens have forgotten all the good things he has done. The US liberated my country from the Nazi's in WWII and after that gave a lot of financial support to rebuild it, and the US also liberated my wife's country from the Japanese. For some reason Americans only want to focus on everything their country does wrong, while ignoring the good. It's pathetic.
The U.S. is not the same country it was in the 40's. It has become more and more about money and power for megacorporations, and very little about altruism and helping the little guy. In fact, U.S. trade policies have wreaked havoc on the local economies of many poor nations, pouring cheap American grown foods into the country and making it impossible for farmers to earn a living. There is an epidemic of suicide among Indian farmers because of this.

Reactions: raj and xezene

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I agree.

The U.S. is not the same country it was in the 40's. It has become more and more about money and power for megacorporations, and very little about altruism and helping the little guy. In fact, U.S. trade policies have wreaked havoc on the local economies of many poor nations, pouring cheap American grown foods into the country and making it impossible for farmers to earn a living. There is an epidemic of suicide among Indian farmers because of this.
Of course there's a million valid arguments that prove the US is not perfect. Everyone knows that, and the same goes for every other country in the world. My problem is with the refusal to take into account the good things as well. It's easy to point out the injustices of any country. Unfortunately that seems to cause a hatred for one's own country that I normally only see in Americans.

Do you think that if the economical roles were reversed American farmers wouldn't be killing themselves? At least many Americans are strongly against such practices and that's the start of change. What more do you expect at this moment? This is just a natural process the country must go through, as would any other country at some point if it had your size and economical position. Right now the United States needs it people to make it better and more just, rather than reviling their own country. I still say such an attitude is absurd.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts