Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious as to what most INTJ Enneagram results were.

It seems as though many people do not bother with the Enneagram (for whatever reasons). However, I think that needs to change. The Enneagram forums are not nearly as posted on as the MBTI ones.

If you don't know, please look up what the Enneagram is. I have posted about it before at this link: Helpful Information On The Enneagram: Websites, Demonstrations, and Tests

If you just don't like the Enneagram, please explain. Any and all thoughts pertaining to this information is welcomed.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,406 Posts
I'm on the E9 forum too. 9w8, 5w6,3w4 sp/sx

I definitely relate to the 8 wing a lot too. Since I learned how to say no I can't stop!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Mine is in my signature as well as on the Master List thread.

I do stop into the 5's forum, just not a lot of activity there comparatively. My first few times going through the Enneagram I came out with an 8, but I'm usually not that forceful, I think it was a phase I was experiencing at that time. 5 is much more in line with who I am right now.

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
I initially mis-tested as a 5, but after doing a bit more research and asking for assistance here, I figured out that was inaccurate. 1w9, 4w5, 6w5 fits me fairly well, but I haven't had much inclination to post in the enneagram boards.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had wondered about it too, so I collected some data...

Out of 44 INTJs, the most popular primary type was Enneagram 5, then 6. The most popular auxiliary type was 1, with 9 closely following. The most popular tertiary type was 3, then 4. My current conclusion from this and other study is that most INTJs are 5, 6, or 9, and tend toward self-preservation, then sexual.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Online is not the best place to make statistics (if that is your intention). Enneagram 5s have been shown to be overrepresented online. (I'll try to find a link to that article. All I remember is that it was at the Enneagram Institute) I can't find it. I found a lot of people saying the same thing through google, but none of them have citations. Bummer.

Anyway, mine's in my signature, as well as the master list some have already referred you to.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Online is not the best place to make statistics (if that is your intention). Enneagram 5s have been shown to be overrepresented online. (I'll try to find a link to that article. All I remember is that it was at the Enneagram Institute)

Anyway, mine's in my signature, as well as the master list some have already referred you to.
It isn't so much to make statistics, but rather just out of curiosity. It was fueled by the intent to have everyone discuss the Enneagram. I have always wondered why so many people shy away from it so much. These forums have helped in attaining information regarding to the Enneagram. I mainly just want to be able to help the confusion with the Enneagram while also learning the corresponding types.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
It isn't so much to make statistics, but rather just out of curiosity. It was fueled by the intent to have everyone discuss the Enneagram. I have always wondered why so many people shy away from it so much. These forums have helped in attaining information regarding to the Enneagram. I mainly just want to be able to help the confusion with the Enneagram while also learning the corresponding types.
I think a lot of people shy away from it because there are so many shallow interpretations of it available online. When you search for Enneagram-related articles in google, you're more likely to pull up some horoscope-y, ego-stroking BS than the self-improvement focused, psychology-based theory that the Enneagram actually is. Most people interested in psychology are weary of seemingly poorly researched material.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts