Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Portsmouth Sinfonia's rendition of "Also Sprach Zarathustra".
"This was recorded by the Portsmouth Sinfonia in an experiment where all the members of the orchestra would swap instruments with each other and attempt to play them to the best of their ability.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Beautiful song however I prefer it in a slower tempo.

Reactions: PsychReviews

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I'm trying to enjoy this one, I've learnt to enjoy the beginning part of it. Why I listened to this? Because somebody I love, or loved, enjoyed this very much. And it makes me think of him. However I'm trying to experience the song raw, and what its trying to convey. So far it seems very erratic and anguished.
Probably how he felt... So it expressed his mood perfectly. An outlet for him perhaps. Hm.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'm trying to enjoy this one, I've learnt to enjoy the beginning part of it. Why I listened to this? Because somebody I love, or loved, enjoyed this very much. And it makes me think of him. However I'm trying to experience the song raw, and what its trying to convey. So far it seems very erratic and anguished.
Probably how he felt... So it expressed his mood perfectly. An outlet for him perhaps. Hm.
That piece is a major classic.

You might like this performance:

https://www.amazon.com/Tchaikovsky-Mendelssohn-Isaac-Eugene-Ormandy/dp/B0013AUYMU/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1539306572&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=Issac+stern+mendelssohn

Here's a good modern performance:

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/7990215--james-ehnes-plays-mendelssohn

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
It is a classic but not classical. This one would appeal to the majority of feeling folks. I would be surprised that it does not appeal to at least some thinkers as well.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts