Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With me I'm a lot more likely to have certain feelings in retrospect rather than at the moment of the event.
Does anyone else have this happen?

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Yes. I think it's because I tend to over analyze the situation/event later on. :happy:
I second that.

Initially, things come as a shock and just appear surreal. I accept it.
Later, after the event has occurred, I get used to the idea and begin to analyze the situation and its impact on me. And so a delayed reaction to feelings. HTH

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yes and no...

Sometimes I'm so focused on the event/task/whatever that I can only think about how it could/should be done. Then after reviewing it I realise that I felt something different during the event/task/whatever or that the feeling happens when I'm reviewing it.

Other times I know I feel different at the time - but I can't figure out what exactly. It is only afterwards, when I have stepped back and reviewed it that I am able to (although not every time) actually name it.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Sortof. I normally know the feelings immediately and react to them very quickly. However, I will later analyze the situation in depth and come to a more complete understanding of why and how I felt a particular way.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Agreed. When everyone else is being highly emotional, I have to cut through it and take charge. Then later on, when I have time think about the situation, is when it hits me. I guess I'm more focused on restoring order first, then dealing with feelings in private later.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Agreed. When everyone else is being highly emotional, I have to cut through it and take charge. Then later on, when I have time think about the situation, is when it hits me. I guess I'm more focused on restoring order first, then dealing with feelings in private later.
Yep, this summarizes me as well.

Reactions: Sela, niss and Achi

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Yep I agree with both of the posts above me. Quickly fix the situation. Then analyze or think about the whole thing in more detail later. Thats when the real feelings come.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Then analyze or think about the whole thing in more detail later. Thats when the real feelings come.
08-22-2010 08:45 PM
The comes the battle over what you really feel!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Delayed feelings... has anyone else had it where the feelings all seem to "arrive" at the same time?
Sort of a bit like "the straw that broke the camel's back" scenario I guess... but from a feelings point of view...
And when it happens (be it for positive or negative feelings), do you tend to be internal/implode/keep it to yourself or external/explode/share it with others?

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Delayed feelings... has anyone else had it where the feelings all seem to "arrive" at the same time?
Sort of a bit like "the straw that broke the camel's back" scenario I guess... but from a feelings point of view...
And when it happens (be it for positive or negative feelings), do you tend to be internal/implode/keep it to yourself or external/explode/share it with others?
Yes, and depending on the situation, I have been known to do all of the above.:confused:

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
The frustration bursts outward into real life as my suppression is lifted. Its not an implosion because it does not cause negative affect on me.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Wake, you're not allowed to change your avatar. I didn't realize who you were without that anime guy with the brown hair.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
With me I'm a lot more likely to have certain feelings in retrospect rather than at the moment of the event.
Does anyone else have this happen?
You can't classify your feelings.

Allow me to start mbtispeak.

The inferior function will be the least understood, "maturity" comes when a person becomes aware of their inferior function and can then classify the data their inferior function provides.

Which is to say as people mature they aggregate to the mean.

Reactions: Wake

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
The frustration bursts outward into real life as my suppression is lifted. Its not an implosion because it does not cause negative affect on me.
Do you really think that it doesn't have a negative effect on yourself?

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
You can't classify your feelings.

Allow me to start mbtispeak.
Taking this statement at face value, I would disagree with it. However, you might mean something different than what I am understanding. Please explain.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts